Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Collectors Edition

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By jaqen_hghar

So, I am a huge fan of Fallout and Fallout 2. I think those two share the throne of being the best games ever. So when I heard Fallout 3 was in the making, I got excited. Then I heard Bethesda would make it, and I wept. After the huge letdown that is Oblivion, I cursed the gaming gods for doing this. But I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps they would at least try.

Well, after the videos I have seen, the screenshots, the previews, I can now say that I do not have that much hope. Sure, it might turn out to be a good game, but not a good Fallout game. Which I think is sad.

But still I am buying the Collectors Edition. Why? The extras. That is right. I am buying the CE only for the extras, not the game. The game is a small added bonus. I really want that Vault-Boy and the Lunchbox. Those things are awesome.
    Anyone else doing the same thing? I mean, I do hope I am wrong about the game, but so far it looks like I'm not. And if I am not, at least I get a cool lunchbox.

Louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Louis
    I'm a sucker when it comes to collector’s editions. So yeah, I might end up purchasing it.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

I have yet to experience the original games, but I will as soon as I possibly can. Personally, I'm getting the Survival Edition from Amazon.com. I need a new alarm clock... I guess.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By HydraHam

only collectors editions and stuff i own is

Halo 3 legendary
    GTA 4 w/ the box, cd, artbook
    World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

only CE ill be getting this year/next will be Wrath of the Lich King, Warhammer online and fallout

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
    NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By NeoTheta

I might get the CE. I'm not sure. I'm definitely getting the game in October, but I might not have the bucks for the extra stuff, though I would love it. Likewise, anybody that wants to experience the original Fallouts, but don't want to spend more than 10 bucks on them, get them at Good Old Games when the site launches in September.  ( www.gog.com )

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jordan23

More than likely, I'll be purchasing the limited edition of Fallout 3... I just can't resist the upgrade.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Woah. I want that alarmclock now. But I live in Norway anyway, so wouldn't be able to use it. We don't have 120 V here, but 230, and therefore hour wallplugs are totally different. Which sucks when it comes to things like this.

I don't have many CE's myself. The ones I have are the Assassin's Creed one, with the metal case and all. And Halo 3 Legendary Edition. Because Halo rocks, and having a MJOLNIR helmet is awesome.

And if you haven't tried the original games, do so as fast as possible. You might be put of by the aged graphics and such, but the games are awesome.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andrew

The only thing I hate about Collectors/Limited  Editions of video games is that they are NEVER limited or collectible.

To this day you can still go out and buy a perfect dark zero "limited collectors edition".

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HydraHam
    Andrew said:
    "The only thing I hate about Collectors/Limited  Editions of video games is that they are NEVER limited or collectible.

To this day you can still go out and buy a perfect dark zero "limited collectors edition".

"
    not all CE's are like that, for example WOW and WOW:BC you cannot find in any retail store and they go for outrageous prices on amazon/ebay and thats for a VALID one where the key hasnt been used to get the special in-game pet.

stuff like Halo:LE etc are extremely easy to find and retail stores still sell them which pisses me off.. i paid 129 for the LE thinking it was going to be highly limited like bungie said, they even said the factory closed down.. now you can get it in stores for 60-80 bucks.. fucking walmart had them last month

as for the survival edition fallout.. screw that.. im fine paying 20 more for the sweet lunch box, bobble head etc, i can justify that 20.. but 40 more on top that for a cheap ass alarm clark? no sir.

Andrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andrew
    Styl3s said:
    not all CE's are like that, for example WOW and WOW:BC you cannot find in any retail store and they go for outrageous prices on amazon/ebay and thats for a VALID one where the key hasnt been used to get the special in-game pet."
    Yes I very much agree about WOW & BC, and that is what I want from a LE/CE...  I hate buying one when months/years later I can still find them on the shelf.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demyx

I've never bought a game that even had a special edition version.
    Fallout 3 is looking good to me, but I've never played the original.
    I do know that Gametap + a subscription lets you play the original

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

I've never bought a game that even had a special edition version.
    Fallout 3 is looking good to me, but I've never played the original.
    I do know that Gametap + a subscription lets you play the original

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By elbow
    My biggest attraction to getting a Collectors/Special/Edition is the casing.

I'm a freak for good looking covers, to the point were I will dish out the cash to get the version that looks the best. I was wholeheartedly disappointed when I saw the Metal Gear Solid 4 cover, which much like the Metal Gear Solid 3 cover, failed in comparison to the greatest box art of all time, Metal Gear Solid 2. When I saw how awesome the Japanese and Euro version were I pretty much said to myself, "Fuck this shit I'm gonna import the Euro version". That's when I saw the LE good God, my prayers had been answered, it was absolutely awesome and I immidiately went to EB games to change my preorder to the LE.

I did the same thing with Final Fantasy XII, getting the Collectors Edition. Quite frankly the box arts that North America just fucking suck when put up against the Japanese and European versions.
    coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coolof
    Durandir said:
    "But still I am buying the Collectors Edition. Why? The extras. That is right. I am buying the CE only for the extras, not the game. The game is a small added bonus. I really want that Vault-Boy and the Lunchbox. Those things are awesome.
    Anyone else doing the same thing? I mean, I do hope I am wrong about the game, but so far it looks like I'm not. And if I am not, at least I get a cool lunchbox."
    I agree completely but I hope I can resist it if Fallout 3 turns out to be as bad it looks in my worst nightmares.
    I don't want to support Bethesda if they screw up Fallout, it's kinda sad that they did such Fallout-nerd friendly extras actually. Much more Fallout-nerd friendly than the game seems to be and that's kinda impressive :) In a retarded way.
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By killer_meatballs

I'm a sucker for CE's too.   But do regret getting the CE of Smackdown vs Raw 2008!!

I might  get the Ultimate edition from Amazon.  Haven't decided yet.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lakeport_abe

does anyone know if it will come in a case? or will the game disk just be in a sleave in the lunch box. i dont want to have to put my lunch box on my game shelf, and i hate having games in little sleaves. ill only buy it if it comes in a case

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Met2609

Most likely, I'll just get the regular game. I rarely ever get a Collector's Edition game. In fact, the only one I have is the MGS4 one.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By Forcen

i want the Bonus DVD and maby the artbook, but i dont care about lunchboxes or bobblehead. Thats why im buying the regular version

kcdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kcdotcom

I'm definitely getting the CE, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna shell out more $$ for the PipBoy alarm clock.  So tempting, though.

The greatest thing I find about the CE's is that, even though they say they are limited editions and supplies are limited, there's always more than enough at my local Best Buy and because it's considered limited edition, it goes on clearance QUICK.  The Halo 3 and Devil May Cry 4 CEs were on clearance about a month after they were released.  Because Best Buy wants to get rid of their clearance items ASAP, I got both for 1/2 price.  At the time, it was cheaper to get Halo 3 CE than just the game.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By killer_meatballs

OK, I ended up pre-ordering the Survival Edition through Amazon.   Oct 7th (?) can't get here soon enough. 

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By suneku

I'm actually contemplating on getting the CE edition myself. I don't know why I just have a feeling it's going to be a good CE.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By creamstatic
    suneku said:
    "I'm actually contemplating on getting the CE edition myself. I don't know why I just have a feeling it's going to be a good CE."
    Only collectors edition I got is MASS EFFECT, and thats cause there was no "large" stuff with it, like dolls and silicon boobs (forget the last part).

I wont be getting Fallout Collectors, just the regular fries.
    Some Concept Artwork is already available here on the site to download. To be honest, looks like its all here. And it looks nice.
    AS for the wobbling Vault-Boy, I stopped my fix on dolls a long time ago, back when I had my lickle teddy weddy. R.I.P
    Dont want the lunch box, I dont eat sandwiches. Ran out of Skippy Peanut Butter, plus I dont go to school anymore.
    Is there a OST with the CE? I got the "I dont want to set the world" song, favourited on my youtube account.
    The alarm clock from amazon, I dont like alarm clocks, takes up more space in my room and I like minimilism. Got one on my mobile phone.

As for the Original Fallout games. They looks really coool. Never played em though. They looks like they'd be really good remade for XBLA. That topdown shooting kinda thing.
    This is the first fallout game I'll be getting. I'm getting this and avoiding Bethesda's other creation, Oblivion cause I hear problems about the levelling system.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lakeport_abe

hmmm sorry i dont really know how to quote anything, and the browser im using at work doesnt let me see names or anything lol. but guy above me with the fallout 3 logo said

"As for the Original Fallout games. They looks really coool. Never played em though. They looks like they'd be really good remade for XBLA."

The first two fallout games are way too complex for XBLA not only with the interface and control scheme but its also way past the size limit for XBLA i think the second one is 1.5 gigs. but i do suggest you play them they truely are worthy of all their praise and devotion from fans

DeusExMathias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeusExMathias

I pre-ordered the Survival Edition from Amazon.  :D
    My alarm clock broke recently and I needed to replace it.  It doesn't even need to have an alarm as long as it tells time - our daughter regulates when we wake up in our house anyway :P
     My wife collects bobble heads & tins, so I know I'll be giving them up, which makes the purchase less of a selfish one (at least that's what I'm telling myself :D )

I really love Oblivion - I think it's still the game with the most hours I put into, and I know (hope) that Bethedsa won't disappoint.  Hell, I'll even buy Post-apocalyptic horse armor DLC if they make it available :lol:

MikeySeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MikeySeed

They won't ship the survival edition to Canada :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.