Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Constant Lock-ups?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Anybody have a fix for this? I've looked around for a fix but I cannot find any, what happens is pretty much every minute or so the game will just lock up for around 3-4 seconds. It happens mainly when I am talking to somebody, picking a lock, or hacking a terminal. It is quite annoying. Otherwise the game runs fine. I've tried turning down AA and AF to no avail.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Expletive

what system?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CL60
    @expletive said:
    " what system? "
    My bad, PC.
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Better questions: what OS? What DLC? I find that the DLC brings with it a slew of new bugs and crashes. Also... another important thing is what soundcard are you using? I ask because I have the Xonar D2x, and it is a major hassle when it comes to gaming. Causes frequent crashes in Fallout 3 if you don't disable EAX support. Also causes something like this delay you are getting.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @AndrewB said:
    " Better questions: what OS? What DLC? I find that the DLC brings with it a slew of new bugs and crashes. Also... another important thing is what soundcard are you using? I ask because I have the Xonar D2x, and it is a major hassle when it comes to gaming. Causes frequent crashes in Fallout 3 if you don't disable EAX support. Also causes something like this delay you are getting. "
    XP Professional, and I have no DLC and my soundcard is a Audigy 2 ZS
    AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB
    @CL60: Eeep, seems like it's outta my realm of knowledge, off the top of my head. Rules out my OS, DLC, *and* sound card theories. I've not heard of any issues with the Audigy card. Could just be regular hardware stress? Post some more specific specs for your computer.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @AndrewB said:
    " @CL60: Eeep, seems like it's outta my realm of knowledge, off the top of my head. Rules out my OS, DLC, *and* sound card theories. I've not heard of any issues with the Audigy card. Could just be regular hardware stress? Post some more specific specs for your computer. "
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 640
    3 GB of RAM
    AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 6000+

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60

Gahhh, it's getting worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.