Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Did you choose the "Ghoul Mask"? (Spoilers?)

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By artofwar420
    Or did you choose to let the Tenpen... maybe this is a bit spoilerish so I warn you, quick, close the tab!

Did you choose the Ghoul Mask or did you let the Tennpenny residents live and kill Roy? I thought that the mask would be awesome, and it is, but the more I though about it, the worse I felt, I feel bad for causing Herbert "Dashing" to get wtfpwned by the ferals.  And then we lose a couple of merchants that are not replaced by ghouls, I'm really reconsidering going back to an earlier save and just kill Roy. 

All that for a mask? Did you go for it?
    Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Number1

Theres a way to get the mask and let the residents live... Just convince Tenpenny to let the ghouls live there,

KurtanionNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KurtanionNZ

I was originally inclined to let the Ghouls in peacefully but when I learned of their intentions I annihalated them with extreme Zombie Killing prejudice..Roy, his lady friend and their ghoul servant..did them all in. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420
    Number1 said:
    Theres a way to get the mask and let the residents live... Just convince Tenpenny to let the ghouls live ... [more]
    Apparently, a day into their "coexistence" Roy gets into an argument or something like that with the human residents and wacks them. So no matter how you approach it, all the humans will eventually get smoked.
    Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Number1

artofwar420 said:
    Number1 said: Theres a way to get the mask and let the residents live... Just convince Tenpenny to let the ... [more]
    Really? God i love fallout 3. I killed all humans in tenpenny and havent taken off the ghoul mask yet. I wear it with a Old Hat and Deathclaw Hand and he looks like freddy kruger.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

****spoiler****
    I had started off to get the maximum loot route *or atleast my version of it where i do the good karma stuff* I started gotta shoot em in the head, speech checked gustavo for the chinese assault rifle, told ten penny crowly had hired me, talked roy into letting me convince them to let the ghouls, talked to ten penny about this, speech checked the residents that didn't want the ghouls in *thus insuring they ended up leaving* then did my own route cause i wanted experience so i speech checked ling or whatever his name was then followed him into the waste, then wasted his ass thus geting his inventory stole his inventory *which conviently doesn't affect your karma* convinced mister wellington to leave with speechcheck, gave his wife the love letter to susan thus she ended up killing him, then ran before she could kill susan then speech checked susan, followed miss wellington into the waste killed her, speech checked lydia or whatever her name was followed her into the waste poped her grabbed her inventory, told ten penny i had convinced them he okayed the ghouls then i poped ten penny with a head shot *which sadly has to be done with a sniper rifle if you do it with any other weapon it doesn't count as a head shot* I was then gonna help roy and the ghouls via the basement but learned that earned me 600 negative karma which i didn't like, so upon learning that gustavo being the new landlord and would never let the ghouls in i had to kill him covertly which yielded his inventory key....

I had wanted to help them in via the basement but 600 negative karma I spent my entire game between good and very good i was never neutral or evil I wanted to get maximum loot both dart gun schematics *which on the 360 version do upgrade the dartgun to v.2* and then id could have received duplicated copys of both skill books in ten penny tower as well as loot all the items from the stores which isn't considered stealing during the transition phase...but i thought id be able to do it with a minimal karmatic hit but that didn't seem to be capable so i just helped them get in the good karma way though it makes no sense the only good karma route is by getting the ghouls into the tower which ends up that every one gets killed and you dont get nearly the merchants in the tower as before it all so makes no sense you cant kill the ghouls or roy afterwards and you still get a karmatic hit, so your basically screwed when it comes to geting maximum loot.

P.S: the ten penny quest is really telling of how lazy bathesda is after the transition the ghouls are just ghoul versions of the residents with the same scripts saying the exact same words as the human residents before the only difference is major key players are dead, gustavo, ten penny, daring herbert dashwood *who was ghoul friendly to begin with* and the shop people.* as well they could have easily made a harder quest so that the ghouls stayed and the humans didn't end up geting killed.
    P.P.S: so yeah i got the ghoul mask thats one thing i wasn't gonna pass up no more ghouls attacking me *specially with feral ghoul reavers in my game* which basically gives me free reign in killing them when i use my dartgun i no longer fight ghouls i simply sneak attack feral ghouls for instant kills, roamers for an all most instant kill that kills them any ways with posion affect and glowing ones all most the same,  with reavers the only problem after that but since they are cripled and slow i can take them out much easier now...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Sorry i just woke up and i couldn't think of how to shorten it.
    sorry.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Carlos1408

I chose the ghoul mask and let the ghouls in the violent way without the tnepennian's consent...probably the only not good karma choice I made in the whole game. :)

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolemnOaf

Yes, and with the chinese stealth armor (which already includes helmet) you can also wear the ghoul mask, third-dog night's headband, and ledoux's hockey mask all at the same time.

please don't tell bethesda.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    SolemnOaf said:
    Yes, and with the chinese stealth armor (which already includes helmet) you can also wear the ghoul mask, third-dog night's headband, ... [more]
    yeah its a glitch you can wear any number of hats with the chinese stealth armor from operation anchorage they all combine their DR% and their special affects.
    cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cc23574

I killed them all with the gouls and then I got the mask. AWESOME!!

almak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By almak
    SolemnOaf said:
    Yes, and with the chinese stealth armor (which already includes helmet) you can also wear the ghoul mask, third-dog night's headband, ... [more]
    I wear my stealth armour with a wig included in Broken Steel. My guy looks like an android Elvis.
    Anyway since I'm on my second playthrough I tried a number of ways to approach this situation. First time I let the ghouls in the violent way (through the basement). The second time I negotiated with the residents which as previously mentioned led to no good end and just a lot of wasted time on my part. "Oh you decided to kill them all anyways, thats just great!" Which in itself is pretty cool none the less.
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jNerd

I originally tried letting the ghouls move in, but that didn't work. I then tried letting them break-in & kill the residents, but I broke the terminal needed to let them through. I then gave-up & happily live @ Tenpenny with those rich ass snobs.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By artofwar420

Quick question, can you put your stuff in the Tenpenny suit, even though you went the good way and already have the Megaton house? Or do those items dissapear?

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By oraknabo
    I wear mine all the time and Had it on the whole time I was in the presidential metro in Broken Steel. I didn't even realize I should have been getting mobbed by new high-level ferals. I watched someone else go through the same area without it and he died about 20 times.
    artofwar420 said:
    Quick question, can you put your stuff in the Tenpenny suit, even though you went the good way and already ... [more]
    Yeah, you can get into the suite from outside, but it's kind of a hassle not having the key to the main door.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artofwar420

Now that I think about it, I don't really have much reason to put my stuff at the Tenpenny place... oh well might come in handy once in a while.

Oh and I went back and killed Roy and his friends. It's weird, I feel better for killing them, but I didn't when the bigot residents got killed... strange.
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Discorsi

I was sad that after the invasion the place got all fixed up.  Tenpenny looked better when it was all run down :(.  Oh and I didn't care for any of the residents at tenpenny.  All snooty people.  I even killed Mr. Tenpenny himself before the invasion since he had a sniper ;d.  Although now i think I want to kill the ghouls just for the hell of it.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scieran
    KurtanionNZ said:
    I was originally inclined to let the Ghouls in peacefully but when I learned of their intentions I annihalated them ... [more]
    ROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLWTFBBQ ZOMBIE ROFL!!!!!!!

You honestly made my day, that is the funniest line.
    Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

I blew Roy, his wife and other buddies head clean off there shoulders!

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NintenDood

I went the ghoul mask route, and let them move in, but a little later Tenpenny sent some mercenaries after me. Does he move somewhere else, or is he still hiding in the Tower?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24

I convinced Tenpenny and the residents to let them move in and I still got a mask. It is a pretty sweet route because I still have good karma. And I visited the Tower recently and the two factions still live "peacefully" so I don't think they will kill each other any time soon.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#25  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

My first playthrough, I convinced the residents to let the ghouls live in Tenpenny Tower.  My other two playthroughs, I just went ahead and smoked Roy & Company.  Honestly, the ghoul mask was pretty useless to me, but now with Broken Steel, I might have to rethink that.

Number1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Number1
    NintenDood said:
    I went the ghoul mask route, and let them move in, but a little later Tenpenny sent some mercenaries after ... [more]
    If you disarmed Megaton youll randomly run in to them thoughout the game
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By bwooduhs
    Number1 said:
    Theres a way to get the mask and let the residents live... Just convince Tenpenny to let the ghouls live ... [more]
    Thats what i did.
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By mordecaix7

I got the mask so I can walk into a bar of feral ghouls and say "hay guyz!  Imma gool too!"

It's way awesome.  :)

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Neorub

Began by trying to convince the ghouls to live together with the residents but the mask offer was just too good, plus that route lead me to the best loot. So i joined in on the massacre, totally worth it. crossing the metro systems is mucheasier now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.