Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Difference from first two Fallouts

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Player1

So im 100% new too the series. And I keep hearing how this one will be all different. Also saw there was a developer change. What's the difference between this fallout and the two old ones?

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termite

That the old one's were turn based RPGs. This one is a real time game with a slightly different setting and 3d graphics.

It's a different game really

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Player1

By turned base what do you mean. I told you im not familar. A similar game maybe? Is it kinda like he picks a move to do, then I pick a move to do.

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Neopezz

It was a grid based system where your character took a turn and depending on the stats got a certain amount of points to spend on actions such as moving around the map or firing a weapon. After you finished your turn the enemy would then do the same thing until one of you was either dead or ran away.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Player1

o makes more sence. Interesting. So could this sort of be compared to advance wars. Only rpg?

aemaeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By aemaeth

No. This has nothing in common whatsoever, with Advance Wars.
    I reccomend that you watch some gameplay videos of Fallout 1 and 2 on Youtube.

NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeoTheta

Oh. Wow. I had no idea that the first two games were turn-based. That makes me want to play them even more. When Good Old Games ( www.gog.com ) launches, I'm gonna buy 1 and 2 so I can experience them before the 3rd one comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.