Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Do Enemies Respawn?

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

I killed a bunch of dudes in one area of the game pretty early on, and then left and did other stuff. It was probably 10+ hours worth of gameplay later that i came back, but the enemies were still lying there dead, and nothing had respawned. So i'm guessing the world is populated with X amount of enemies, and once you kill them that's it? I'm asking because i was wanting to find a spot and try and grind some levels, so i can hit 20 as soon as possible.

I was also wondering if there is any type of "New Game+" or any other reward for beating the game. It's be really cool to start the game over again at level 20, and retain all your perks, if not all your weapons as well... Is there at least an unlockable, extra difficulty level you get after beating the game or anything? Anything for beating the game at all?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

No, there is no New Game+ and I'm not sure if enemies respawn, but there are random encounter enemies like the Regulators or Talon Company mercs depending on your karma.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael
    MAST said:
    "I'm asking because i was wanting to find a spot and try and grind some levels, so i can hit 20 as soon as possible."
    Just go to downtown DC. That place is crammed with Super Mutants and Mercenaries, and while they don't respawn there are more than enough to reach 20.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Rowr

It disturbs that you are interpreting that the game should be played in the style of an mmo.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yeah, why do you WANT to grind? There is no need for it, and the game will be probably not as good if you do.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't think they respawn.  Doesn't Bethesda have certain rules in their games, like the world is what it is and however you change it, either by killing people, taking supplies from crates, or anything you do it stays that way.  So nothing respawns or comes back, you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Origina1Penguin

It takes a few days, but I'm pretty sure enemies repopulate in some areas.  I come back to spots all the time and there's new (and usually higher level) enemies standing right next to corpses of previous enemies.  Big Town usually has one Raider in it every time I fast travel there.  Try waiting three days before returning.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_

There are areas where enemies will constantly re-appear throughout the game, such as outside the Regulator HQ (two Giant Radscorpions every time you warp there). I would suggest just exploring and killing, killing, killing. The game doesn't make enemies respawn often at all, so it's better to level up through all combinations of discovering/lockpicking/killing.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MAST
    Rowr said:
    "It disturbs that you are interpreting that the game should be played in the style of an mmo."

Well, firstly. Why does it matter to you how i get enjoyment out of my game? Secondly, i've been playing games like this since before MMO's existed. I get halfway through the game, and then i grind, grind, grind levels until i'm maxed out. Or very near it. Then i finish the game... I've been doing that since the second Final Fantasy game on the Super Nintendo.

Thanks to those that actually gave me some relevant information. I'll give what you said a try.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By belaraphon

often when you load up a game most of the enemies that spawn outside of their own dungoens/instances are back to kill again.  DC is a very good area for this type of grinding, but i would suggest trying to complete the side quests to level faster.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jayge said:
    "There are areas where enemies will constantly re-appear throughout the game, such as outside the Regulator HQ (two Giant Radscorpions every time you warp there). I would suggest just exploring and killing, killing, killing. The game doesn't make enemies respawn often at all, so it's better to level up through all combinations of discovering/lockpicking/killing."
    Jayge wins on basis of correctness. 

Certain places, usually populated outposts not marked with a landmark in the Pipboy, things like isolated chapels and such, will rarely respawn enemies (though it will happen).  Certain other places--The Mall, for instance, or as Jayge mentioned, the Regulator HQ--will almost always greet you with respawning enemies. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

I like the fact that dead bodies remain were you left them. I went looking for the Declaration of Independence and had a helper, but she died. I left her head on a wall light and her body on a bench. I came back 20 hours later and they were still there were I left them... cool.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar

Some stuff like raiders and talon mercs respawn, but after a while, they are just annoying and barely worth looting.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By KingOfIceland

With the current level cap, there's no reason to actively seek out combat in the same damn areas, it's just better (and more fun) to get your exploran on and find some new locations and stuff to jack.

But if you've already found most of the stuff already and you've been at level 20 for ages when the cap get's bumped you could probably get into it, but at tat point you should just start anew, crank it down to easy as hell and get those remaining karma achievements/trophys

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By atejas

Just do sidequests, it'll happen naturally. Broken character advancement is broken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.