Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3, a blast from the past

SamLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By SamLynn

Well hello there fellow game nerds. It's a relief for me to be on a gamer site where I know what I'm talking about. Comic Vines fun but I sound like a noob when I try to blog or make a forum post. Anyway, lets get straight to it shall we. I recently picked up Fallout 3 from the local used game store for $20... wait lets back this story up a little further. About 2 years ago (or however long ago it is when you're reading this) when Fallout 3 was released I rented it. Long story short the vault hated me and I couldn't even escape (such a noob). Now 2 years later, upon the release of New Vegas, I picked up the old one. I've devoted several hours to this game now and am kicking myself for not having enjoyed it when I first tried it... where was I getting with this post... well I don't really think I'm getting anywhere. I just want to say, if you've never tried Fallout 3 or got trapped in the vault and gave up, it's worth taking the time and effort to play. Don't give up, if I can do it anyone can (unless you're not good at shooter games). I thank devoting my summer to Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 to my success in the awesome shooter Fallout 3

SamLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SamLynn

Well hello there fellow game nerds. It's a relief for me to be on a gamer site where I know what I'm talking about. Comic Vines fun but I sound like a noob when I try to blog or make a forum post. Anyway, lets get straight to it shall we. I recently picked up Fallout 3 from the local used game store for $20... wait lets back this story up a little further. About 2 years ago (or however long ago it is when you're reading this) when Fallout 3 was released I rented it. Long story short the vault hated me and I couldn't even escape (such a noob). Now 2 years later, upon the release of New Vegas, I picked up the old one. I've devoted several hours to this game now and am kicking myself for not having enjoyed it when I first tried it... where was I getting with this post... well I don't really think I'm getting anywhere. I just want to say, if you've never tried Fallout 3 or got trapped in the vault and gave up, it's worth taking the time and effort to play. Don't give up, if I can do it anyone can (unless you're not good at shooter games). I thank devoting my summer to Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 to my success in the awesome shooter Fallout 3

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

A blast from the past? What does that remind me of? Wait, this:

SamLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamLynn

Haha ok maybe not THAT far in the past, but I'm definately behind the times

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Badhands

Yeah Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, if you did not buy the game of the year then definitely get all the expansion packs. So freaking good man.

SamLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SamLynn
    @Badhands said:
    " Yeah Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, if you did not buy the game of the year then definitely get all the expansion packs. So freaking good man. "
    I just recently got Broken Steel so i could send Fawkes and not die. They all look really good though so it's a tough choice which to get next.
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iDarktread
    @samlynn: I would recommend you buy Point Lookout next, as it's one of the best expansions I've played for any game. Broken Steel was definitely the best choice you could have made for your first downloadable content for the game, however, as it expands on the game by increasing the level cap.
    dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dungbootle

Love Fallout 3, first played it last summer. I got the GOTY edition for PC, but I was already burned out after completing Broken Steel so I never finished any of the DLC aside from Broken Steel and Operation Anchorage. Played partway through Point Lookout though.

@Video_Game_King 
    Nice to see another Chip Cheezum fan.

SamLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SamLynn
    @iDarktread:@dungbootle: 
    sounds like a good plan, Point Lookout's next then, thank you :)
    Dungbootie, I feel your pain about being burned out by the end, i'm taking a break right now but I know I'll pick it up in about a month or so
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

If you like the game, you should buy the DLC. Let the developers have at least some of your money for enjoying their labor.

Also, I agree with VGK

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Badhands

My favorite in order of first to last would be (exempt of broken steel since you own it.)

• Point Lookout
    • The Pitt
    • Mothership zeta
    • Operation Anchorage
    blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By blueaniman93

I've gotten to about level 8 in fallout 3 but I've hit some kind of lull. I hope I like it as much as I do because i bought the game of the year and theres a lot of game that I can enjoy if i do end up liking it.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oysteinBrenne

fallout 3 is a bad oblivion mod nothing more want good rpgs play oblivion dragon age or mass effect and put fallout 3 and fallout new vegas in the trash where it belongs such shitty games main story sucks ass the world is bland as fuck nothing compared to the  dungeons from oblivion or the story of dragon age or the gameplay of mass effect 2 fallout 3 is mediocre to poor in every possible way from the  art to the  visuals and the  animations the only really good thing about it is the writing and some of the side quests 

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aus_azn

Hell of a lot better than NV. I'm not a huge fan of the game, but it's undeniably decent.

@oysteinBrenne: All I see here is a tornado of cursing with little substantiation. Oblivion can't hold a candle to Dragon Age nor Mass Effect.

Fascism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fascism
    @Badhands said:
    " Yeah Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, if you did not buy the game of the year then definitely get all the expansion packs. So freaking good man. "
    The aliens one sucked
    Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Badhands
    @Fascism: Mother Ship Zeta and Operation Anchorage both where very meh but I loved Point lookout a ton ans The Pitt was also good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.