Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 or 360?

#1 Posted by anthj (39 posts) -

Hey,

So I got a free copy of Fallout 3 GOTY Edition for the PS3. I was reading about all the bugs on it and framerate issues that I was thinking of just selling this copy and purchasing the 360 version as I own both consoles. However, I was also reading that the PS3 version has been patched and they fixed a lot of the games bugs. Since then is the 360 version still the one to own?

#2 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

you'll be fine 
be thankful you got it for free ;) 

#3 Posted by SadisticApathy (28 posts) -

Honestly, the game is inherently buggy due to the nature of it's design. You'll probably get the same experience on either platform, so just pop that package full of post-apocalypse into your PS3 and enjoy it!

#4 Posted by anthj (39 posts) -

I don't know though. Another problem is that its the US version. I know PS3 games are region free but if more DLC is released because I'm in Australia I can't purchase DLC content for the game from the PSN Australian store with a US disc. However, on the Xbox 360 when games are region free and I have the US version when I buy DLC from the Australian marketplace it does not matter about the region of the disc.

I don't know why I was just reading about a whole heap of bugs, crashes, and frame rate issues on the PS3 version. So in comparison it's not like Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3?

#5 Posted by BrokenCage (121 posts) -

I can't tell you about the DLC. However, the 360 GOTY version has crashed on me more times than I can bear to count. Including having an auto-save corrupted when the game crashed while loading in Megaton. The corrupted auto-save then re-crashed the game when I hit continue after restarting the console. The game just has a large number of bugs. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game, but glitches are abundant in the 360 version as well.
#6 Posted by TheSpartanDon (158 posts) -
@anthj: Doesn't the GOTY edition come with all DLC? There isn't any plans to release any more DLC beyond the ones out now. So you should be Ok with the DLC issue. 
#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6119 posts) -
@anthj said:
" I don't know why I was just reading about a whole heap of bugs, crashes, and frame rate issues on the PS3 version. So in comparison it's not like Bayonetta on the 360 vs PS3? "
The PS3 version had a bunch of extra bugs related to PSN and trophy pop-ups at launch.  But they've been fixed for over a year now. 

Just crack that sucker open, son.
#8 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -
@anthj: They've already said they're done with dlc, so you should be fine.
#9 Posted by immike (714 posts) -
@SadisticApathy said:
" Honestly, the game is inherently buggy due to the nature of it's design. You'll probably get the same experience on either platform, so just pop that package full of post-apocalypse into your PS3 and enjoy it! "
This is true. Once you get near the end of the game, you will start seeing a lot of glitches and bugs no matter which version you play. It's still a lot of fun, but here's a heads up.
#10 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Normally I'd say 360,
But you already have it for PS3 so just stick with what ya got,
The experience will be pretty much the same.

#11 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Id say stick with PS3, if you got it for free. I dont think it has the problems it once did.

It looks slightly better on 360 if that makes a difference.

#12 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Why go through the trouble? Just keep the PS3 version. It's an awesome game nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.