Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

favourite fallout 3 DLC

Nachobomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nachobomber

Nachobomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nachobomber

my favourite fallout 3 DLC is probably the pitt. dont know why, but it just seems fun to me. i found mothership zeta to be quite dissapointing.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Either Broken Steel or Point Lookout

zephyran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zephyran

For me it's a toss-up between Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta.  Mothership Zeta adds a cool retro-scifi theme, though I was disappointed that there wasn't a weapon (that I found) better than the Alien Blaster I picked up before the DLC (nor did I find any massive amount of ammo for it).   Still, I thought it added a neat new dimension to the game that fit with the overall theme (in a roundabout sort of way).

As for Broken Steel, I liked that they made the game more open-ended (like Morrowind or Oblivion), and bumped up the level cap to a more reasonable (though still low, IMO) limit.  Plus, the story and missions were cool, and gave a little more closure to the Brotherhood vs. Enclave storyline.

My least favorite was Operation Anchorage.  It basically changed the game from a first-person sandbox RPG to a first-person shooter, taking away all access to the supplies, weapons, and armor you' ve spend dozens of hours collecting.  At least they let you keep VATS for the duration, but being a light-armor sort of person, I didn't even find the rewards (an amped-up set of power armor) worthwhile.

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrKart

Point Lookout, then Operation Anchorage, then Broken Steel, then Mothership Zeta, then The Pitt. 

Point Lookout was basically an entirely new world to explore, and the tons of little sub-plots that were scattered all over the place were legitimately interesting. Not to mention, some of the story sections of it were really unique. Like the seed part. 

Operation Anchorage was just fun because I like snow, and the whole "simulation" aspect was really cool. :D 

Broken Steel was good for the level cap raise and the weapons, but it was the only one that actually felt like a "Fallout 3 Expansion," if that makes sense. As in, I simply felt like I was playing more of the same of what I'd already done in the main storyline (I guess since it was the main storyline...) as opposed to something new and exciting. 

Mothership Zeta was too restrictive and didn't really offer anything new at all. But I like space. 

The Pitt was by far my least favorite. Part of that is probably because of how broken it was when it first came out, but also because the environment, characters, and overall story arc were just average and bland at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably Broken Steel.

But watching Liberty Prime get sky-bombed was heartbreaking. Also, bombing the Citadel is hilarious, especially when you betray the Brotherhood after being loyal to them for so long.

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Vigilance

The Pitt. I really enjoyed the atmosphere.  

I also enjoyed the time without my stuff. Doing the Pitt at 20th level that first time through, using melee weapons I wasn't very good at, appreciating that assault rifle I scrounged, made the end of my time there, when I had my Chinese Stealth Armor back that much more enjoyable. 

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By monkeyroach

all i can say is mothership zeta is the worst one

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Akeldama

i found them all pretty flat and boring.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cstrang
    @natetodamax said:
    " Either Broken Steel or Point Lookout "
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Point Lookout was my favorite add-on as far as the story/missions went. I loved Broken Steel for the additions to the game it brought though. I also really loved Operation Anchorage, believe it or not, too. That Power Armor and the Gauss Rifle were too good to pass up.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nukesniper
    @Nachobomber said:
    " my favourite fallout 3 DLC is probably the pitt. dont know why, but it just seems fun to me. i found mothership zeta to be quite dissapointing. "
    I liked the Pitt for its story element alone. Content was almost nil, but that decision near the end made me think more than other decisions in the game. I liked that a bunch. 

I would have to say Broken Steel was my favorite, but only for the Perks/levels that it added on.
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By fugie7

i really like the pitt.

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Butchio

my favourite was mothership zeta. loved that one and all the new guns that were in it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.