Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Games for Windows LIVE within Steam

zurichazure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By zurichazure

So I purchased the GOTY Fallout 3 game via Steam today, and I have been searching for an answer all over of how to get LIVE achievements added to my profile if I am playing through Steam but is a Games for Windows LIVE enabled game.  In other words, it has to run through that to play.   I have not found any area within the Steam interface that allows me to link my LIVE account to it.  I also tried to input the "multiplayer code" Steam provided into my Games for Windows LIVE Redeem Code section, but no dice.

Any tips?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I bought a game called 'World of Goo' on Games for Windows, but I can only unlock achievements on my XBOX/GFW account and not Steam; though that does make more sense since the game isn't tied to Steam unlike what is the case with Fallout 3 being tied to GFW. 

There may be a work-around to getting it to work but that will probably end up with you being banned from GFW. 

After reading this forum here, I have discovered that the achievements just may work because you have two separate codes, one for Steam and one for GFW. 

Hope this helped somehow.

meegs6sic6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By meegs6sic6

Dawn of War II is a games for Windows Live game too that i got through steam but I haven't had any of these problems. 

When I fired up the game through steam it just asked me to sign into my Live account.  If you press Home on the keyboard during Fallout 3 does the GFW interface pop up at the top of the screen?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

You're doing it wrong.

GFWL has it's own programme and over lay, you use a gamer tag. 
    You might have to download and install the GFWL client, but once in game, it's normally the "Home" key to open the over lay.
     This is my Dawn of War 2 on start up:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.