Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Goodbye Fallout 3

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

I can safely say that the best single player experience I have ever had was Fallout 3. The game is amazing in nearly every way possible. After spending 150+ hours with the game throughout multiple characters, I started feeling a little tired of the game. I took a break, and came back to it today. To test whether or not I was truly sick of the game now, I fast traveled all the way up north to Raven Rock and decided to run down to Tenpenny Tower at the other end of the map to see if something would respark my interest.

It's Been Fun
    It's Been Fun
    I didn't make it. About 3/4 of the way there, I called it quits. I just couldn't play anymore. Everything I did just felt so old, and I constantly got the "I've done this before" and the "I've been here before" feeling that I hate. The only hope I have left is if I get Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Until then, I must painfully say goodbye to an incredible game that I can just no longer play.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I know how you feel, that's how I felt when I bought Morrowind for the PC a while ago when I had already played the heck out of it on the Xbox. I started playing and I was like...I remember this, they should have changed this, these lines aren't fully voiced, Oblivion fixed all these problems.

I was just kind of sick of the same stuff that I was so familiar with. Plus those Pterodactyls..er, Windrunners? Are so freaking annoying.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By natetodamax
    @TheMustacheHero: I actually considered getting Morrowind for a while. Kinda off that now.
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I still go back and play Oblivion every now and then, I can't see myself doing that with Fallout 3.
    That said I still loved Fallout 3.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    @natetodamax said:
    " @TheMustacheHero: I actually considered getting Morrowind for a while. Kinda off that now. "
    I just got it, and I feel like the people who wanted me to get it kind of oversold it.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @Mars_Cleric said:
    "

I still go back and play Oblivion every now and then, I can't see myself doing that with Fallout 3.
    That said I still loved Fallout 3.

"
    I got Oblivion a few weeks ago and I'm still playing it.
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mars_Cleric
    @Dasacant said:
    "I know how you feel, trying to get my last Karma achivement felt like such a grind I actually gave up at level 13 (evil) when all I had to do was get to 14.  "

I couldn't be bothered even trying for those karma achievements I only played good
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
    @Mars_Cleric said:
    " @Dasacant said:
    "I know how you feel, trying to get my last Karma achivement felt like such a grind I actually gave up at level 13 (evil) when all I had to do was get to 14.  "
    I couldn't be bothered even trying for those karma achievements I only played good "
    They were pretty easy to get. All you needed to do was save before you leveled up, drop your karma, level up, get achievement, and reload your save.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentofChaos

Damn nate that took you a while. I've been done with this game for live two months. Point Lookout couldn't even get me back.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mars_Cleric
    @natetodamax said:
    "@Mars_Cleric said:
    " @Dasacant said:
    I couldn't be bothered even trying for those karma achievements I only played good "
    They were pretty easy to get. All you needed to do was save before you leveled up, drop your karma, level up, get achievement, and reload your save."

That is already too much effort.
    Besides I'm level 29 now so I can't be bothered starting again right now
    Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@natetodamax: I get the same feeling with Oblivion. I must have poured hundreds upon hundreds of hours into that game, and it was well worth it. But I simply can't play it now. It just feels bland and can't keep my attention. The expansion packs kind of helped but they still didn't create the same reaction of awe that the game originally did.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By natetodamax
    @JacobForrest: And it's only a matter of time before that happens to me. I have about 50 or so hours into Oblivion. That must mean I have about 100 left before I get sick of it
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scooper

I've actualy just got back into the game and it's amazing how quickly a bunch of hours can pass playing that game. I can spend an hour exploring 1 building in DC for everything it's worth.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@natetodamax: Yeah, sounds about right. I can't put an accurate timer on it but I'd say after finishing the main quest and experimenting with many class combos it'll be worn out. For me the guild quests can be repeated without tedium but the main quest cannot.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Fallen189

I sold mine, it was boring.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jNerd
    @natetodamax:
    Bro, I know how ya feel. I have 200 hrs on 1 character. I have every achievement & all the DLC.
    After Mothership Zeta I get to officially retire Fallout. It kinda feels like my baby is all grown up & off to college because soon I'll never see it again... lol
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jNerd
    @JacobForrest said:
    Ya know what's really weird is I can't, for the life of me, get into Oblivion. I just picked it up with the Bioshock bundle & the whole experience feels really underwhelming. Maybe it's because I poured 200+ hours into Fallout & they're too similar, or maybe it's because I'm not quite digging the LoTR feel. Either way I'm still trying, I'm still @ the very beginning & getting used to all the faggy "middle-earth" dialect.
    Soooo atleast I'm still giving it a try.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#19  Edited By citizenkane

I have taken a break from the game as well.  I would get the next expansion pack, Mothership Zeta, but I had to cancel my Xbox LIVE subscript t save money during my jobless summer.  I have had an absolute blast with Fallout 3, which, like you, I have out in ~150 hours into.  One of my favorite games so far this generation.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By natetodamax
    @jNerd said:
    " @JacobForrest said:
    Ya know what's really weird is I can't, for the life of me, get into Oblivion. I just picked it up with the Bioshock bundle & the whole experience feels really underwhelming. Maybe it's because I poured 200+ hours into Fallout & they're too similar, or maybe it's because I'm not quite digging the LoTR feel. Either way I'm still trying, I'm still @ the very beginning & getting used to all the faggy "middle-earth" dialect.
    Soooo atleast I'm still giving it a try. "
    Oblivion takes much more time to really get into.
    Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Neopezz

I've played Oblivion for probably 30-40 hours, but playing it just felt like a drag. Fallout on the other hand has the same amount of time put into it, but I still want more.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Meowayne

I just started playing Fallout 3 a couple of days ago. Still have much to do and to see. :D

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ish

This like my 5th playthrough.

I am this game's whore.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By teh_destroyer
    @The_Ish said:
    " This like my 5th playthrough.

I am this game's whore.

"
    I am the game and therefore you are my whore >_>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.