Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

having difficulty progressing.. help?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By bed

i've tried to give Fallout 3 another chance but there's only one problem i have with the game right now, i have no idea how to progress.  

i'm trying to blow up this bomb in Megaton right now, but it says i need 25 explosive skill. i'm assuming i have to level up so i look around for things to kill and quests to do. this is what has happened:  

• i found a quest where i have to go to a super market to get food; the raiders wipe me out no matter what i do there, so i'm going to wait a bit until i do that quest. 
    • i also found one where i have to go check for some kid's father. i search his home and when i go back to see the kid, there's fire ants that kill me (and my weapons seems to do barely anything against them) so i'm going to wait until i level up. 
    • i also tried to progress on the "following in his footsteps.." quest but the raiders kill me as well. 
    • after all of that, i've been looking around to kill guys and all i find are raiders that kill me instantly and that's it. i have found nothing else thus far. 
    • for the bomb quest, it says that i should ask some guy for mentats (which i heard could be used to defuse the bomb?) but when i talk to him, no topic about them pops up so i'm stuck. 

so.. at this point i have no idea what to do. i'm level 2, i think right now so i highly doubt there's anything i kill at this point.. unless i'm really missing something.  

can i have some tips or something that can help me progress? i really want to keep playing this game but i've spent quite a while looking around but i've found nothing that helps me.  

thanks.   

EDIT: 360 version! 

EDIT 2: no need for anyone to respond now! the help I got has gotten me started and i'm playing fine now. 

oh, and fuck those raiders. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

How are you doing in combat? What I did was put all of my skill points into small guns and then sneak up close to the raiders or whatnot, turn on VATS and then aim for the fucking head. Works like a charm with most guns though if you've got that pistol it might take a bit longer.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Blowing up the domb is evil shame on you lol 

As for the raiders. Try to get some better armor. Kill the normal ants. Also make sure the difficulty is not really high. That might be your issue.  

As for the fire ants. Yes they are strong and you should wait to do that quest. And if the raiders kill you right away maybe your armor and weapons are damaged. Get them fixed. 

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

I just started playing Fallout 3 a few weeks ago to. Got it ages back but couldn't manage to make it far out of the vault before i didn't want to play anymore. 

Go grab the quest from Lucy in Moriarty's. On your way there you should run into some easier to kill stuff. Also, take it slowly and save often. Raiders by themselves, dogs, bugs and stuff should be quite killable for you. Watch out for super mutants though. 

I think there's also some good stuff in the school in Springvale or something. Bunch of raiders though, so watch out. 

Still havn't finished the game, on my way to Rivet City right now.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bed
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " How are you doing in combat? What I did was put all of my skill points into small guns and then sneak up close to the raiders or whatnot, turn on VATS and then aim for the fucking head. Works like a charm with most guns though if you've got that pistol it might take a bit longer. "
    i spend most of my points on other skills (hacking, sneaking, robbing) rather than combat. all i have is a pistol, magnum and baseball bat so i'm kind of short in terms of weapons.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Blowing up the domb is evil shame on you lol   As for the raiders. Try to get some better armor. Kill the normal ants. Also make sure the difficulty is not really high. That might be your issue.    As for the fire ants. Yes they are strong and you should wait to do that quest. And if the raiders kill you right away maybe your armor and weapons are damaged. Get them fixed.  "
    haha i can't help it. i need to blow that place up. i don't know where normal ants are.. all i have found were raiders and they're not very easy to kill at my state. i'll go see that lady to check out my armor. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:

" @eroticfishcake said:

" How are you doing in combat? What I did was put all of my skill points into small guns and then sneak up close to the raiders or whatnot, turn on VATS and then aim for the fucking head. Works like a charm with most guns though if you've got that pistol it might take a bit longer. "
    i spend most of my points on other skills (hacking, sneaking, robbing) rather than combat. all i have is a pistol, magnum and baseball bat so i'm kind of short in terms of weapons.  

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Blowing up the domb is evil shame on you lol   As for the raiders. Try to get some better armor. Kill the normal ants. Also make sure the difficulty is not really high. That might be your issue.    As for the fire ants. Yes they are strong and you should wait to do that quest. And if the raiders kill you right away maybe your armor and weapons are damaged. Get them fixed.  "
    haha i can't help it. i need to blow that place up. i don't know where normal ants are.. all i have found were raiders and they're not very easy to kill at my state. i'll go see that lady to check out my armor.  "
    The normal ants are here and there. And since you do not have many points in combat that is why you are having issues. All the Games like this Oblivion and Morrowind have this issue. You need to at least have some points in combat or you will die. This is your biggest issue. 
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

Well, there's your problem. You're going to want to invest in at least one combat skill, especially later, it'll come in handy, trust me. Small guns or energy weapons are the way to go i'd say.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bed
    @Shirogane said:
    " I just started playing Fallout 3 a few weeks ago to. Got it ages back but couldn't manage to make it far out of the vault before i didn't want to play anymore.  Go grab the quest from Lucy in Moriarty's. On your way there you should run into some easier to kill stuff. Also, take it slowly and save often. Raiders by themselves, dogs, bugs and stuff should be quite killable for you. Watch out for super mutants though.  I think there's also some good stuff in the school in Springvale or something. Bunch of raiders though, so watch out.  Still havn't finished the game, on my way to Rivet City right now. "
    enemies alone aren't too difficult. i have killed some dogs and bugs but the raiders i always run into, are in packs so i have to battle 3-4 raiders at once and i can't survive that. i'll go check out that quest.  

@The_Laughing_Man said: 
    The normal ants are here and there. And since you do not have many points in combat that is why you are having issues. All the Games like this Oblivion and Morrowind have this issue. You need to at least have some points in combat or you will die. This is your biggest issue.  "
    how am i going to level up then? all the quests seem to require lots of combat skill and if i can't complete the quests or kill many people then... 

do you suggest i restart my game but put higher combat points? 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    " I just started playing Fallout 3 a few weeks ago to. Got it ages back but couldn't manage to make it far out of the vault before i didn't want to play anymore.  Go grab the quest from Lucy in Moriarty's. On your way there you should run into some easier to kill stuff. Also, take it slowly and save often. Raiders by themselves, dogs, bugs and stuff should be quite killable for you. Watch out for super mutants though.  I think there's also some good stuff in the school in Springvale or something. Bunch of raiders though, so watch out.  Still havn't finished the game, on my way to Rivet City right now. "
    enemies alone aren't too difficult. i have killed some dogs and bugs but the raiders i always run into, are in packs so i have to battle 3-4 raiders at once and i can't survive that. i'll go check out that quest.  

@The_Laughing_Man said: 
    The normal ants are here and there. And since you do not have many points in combat that is why you are having issues. All the Games like this Oblivion and Morrowind have this issue. You need to at least have some points in combat or you will die. This is your biggest issue.  "
    how am i going to level up then? all the quests seem to require lots of combat skill and if i can't complete the quests or kill many people then...  do you suggest i restart my game but put higher combat points?  "
    You might have to. Sadly this is a issue all Beth's games like this carry. Baddies scale with you. Meaning if you do not get ready for combat. You are going no where. If you are using a PC you can change your stats. The game no matter what anyways says can not be done on stealth alone. ALL the DLC and other stuff is combat focused. 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bed
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    You might have to. Sadly this is a issue all Beth's games like this carry. Baddies scale with you. Meaning if you do not get ready for combat. You are going no where. If you are using a PC you can change your stats. The game no matter what anyways says can not be done on stealth alone. ALL the DLC and other stuff is combat focused.  "
    ugh, that's not a great impression on the game but i'm willing to play through Vault 101 for the 4th time.  

@Shirogane said:
    " Well, there's your problem. You're going to want to invest in at least one combat skill, especially later, it'll come in handy, trust me. Small guns or energy weapons are the way to go i'd say. "
    so i should work on small guns on my new save? i mean that's what i'm going to be working with for the beginning of the game from the looks of it. 
    ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By ApolloJ85

You could just turn the difficulty down until you think you're confident enough to take on harder enemies. No one will know. 

Your explosives skill can be improved by disarming mines in one of the quests given by the survival book lady.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    You might have to. Sadly this is a issue all Beth's games like this carry. Baddies scale with you. Meaning if you do not get ready for combat. You are going no where. If you are using a PC you can change your stats. The game no matter what anyways says can not be done on stealth alone. ALL the DLC and other stuff is combat focused.  "
    ugh, that's not a great impression on the game but i'm willing to play through Vault 101 for the 4th time.  

@Shirogane said:
    " Well, there's your problem. You're going to want to invest in at least one combat skill, especially later, it'll come in handy, trust me. Small guns or energy weapons are the way to go i'd say. "
    so i should work on small guns on my new save? i mean that's what i'm going to be working with for the beginning of the game from the looks of it.  "
    Yes small guns is great at first. Then Energy. Those babys are great. And near the end of the main mission everyone is using them. Sadly yes stealth is not the games focus. There are SOME places where you can use it. But most of the game is combat based. Having clocked over 200 hours I think I might be able to help. Just message me or post here and I will get back to you quickly. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

Enemies scale according to what level you are when you enter an area. So when you enter a level at Level 2, enemies would be around the same, but if you come back later at a higher level, the enemies are still tied to level 2.

And yeah, small guns help a lot, you're going to run into those weapons a good few times so they're the most plentiful. The Combat Shotgun and the the Chinese Assault rifle are the best (to my knowledge) weapons for small guns. You'll find them quite easily later on. For now though, it's more likely that you'll be using something like the Hunting Rifle more. Also, aim for the head!

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bed
    @The_Laughing_Man: @eroticfishcake: thanks for the help both of you! i'm glad i made a save RIGHT before leaving Vault 101 so i don't have to go through all that shit. 

....right? i'm going to put most of my points on combat. thanks again ^^ 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: @eroticfishcake: thanks for the help both of you! i'm glad i made a save RIGHT before leaving Vault 101 so i don't have to go through all that shit.  ....right? i'm going to put most of my points on combat. thanks again ^^  "
    That does not mean to give up on hacking and lock picking. That stuff is around every corner. 
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @AjayRaz: It wouldn't hurt to carry a melee weapon too to take out weaker enemies (like the molerats or radroaches which you can easily kill in realtime) so you can conserve ammo. And when you get the chance, pick up the Scrounger perk since it's quite universal too. But that aside, good luck!
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Gabriel

Shit this is getting to complicated, if your having trouble just turn down the game difficulty.  

God I want to play Fallout 3 again Oblivion just isn't clicking with me like Fallout did.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Gabriel said:
    " Shit this is getting to complicated, if your having trouble just turn down the game difficulty.   God I want to play Fallout 3 again Oblivion just isn't clicking with me like Fallout did. "
    Sadly its most the scale level thing that does this. Going full stealth will just get you killed. Course there are PC mods that can fix this. 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bed
    @eroticfishcake: i spent my skill points on small guns, explosives, lock picking, energy weapon, science and melee weapons. i hope this will work out. 
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Swaboo
    @AjayRaz: Dude, you don't need to restart... just lower the difficulty if you really have too much trouble.  

I played through it a few times and I always fight raiders in the school near where you go out of the vault. You can get some decent starting loot from them.  

Stealth can be one of the most powerful skills since you can get a sneak critical hit headshot as your first attack. Those hurt. I was playing on very hard with a sneak build and wasn't having much problems dispatching hordes of foes.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @eroticfishcake: i spent my skill points on small guns, explosives, lock picking, energy weapon, science and melee weapons. i hope this will work out.  "
    You should do fine. Give us an update when you get to the market place with that quest. All ways keep an eye on your armor durability. 
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DystopiaX

you could also follow the main quest, which you didn't mention. I believe you finish the first part just by talking to people.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Bones8677

What others have said, invest in some combat skills. and lower the difficulty. Then concentrate on Moira's quest line. She'll send you to the Super Duper Mart. After you beat that, she will send you to Minefield, which has -get this- MINES! 

Successfully gathering lives mines will increase your explosion level. How do you gather them? By walking on top of them and disarming them the second before they explode. Have fun.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DystopiaX said:
    " you could also follow the main quest, which you didn't mention. I believe you finish the first part just by talking to people. "
    Ya he did. Follow in his foot steps. And he kept getting killed. 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bed
    @DystopiaX said:
    " you could also follow the main quest, which you didn't mention. I believe you finish the first part just by talking to people. "
    i was trying to, but once again, after all the talking, the raiders keep killing me.  
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bed
    @Swaboo said:
    " @AjayRaz: Dude, you don't need to restart... just lower the difficulty if you really have too much trouble.   I played through it a few times and I always fight raiders in the school near where you go out of the vault. You can get some decent starting loot from them.   Stealth can be one of the most powerful skills since you can get a sneak critical hit headshot as your first attack. Those hurt. I was playing on very hard with a sneak build and wasn't having much problems dispatching hordes of foes. "
    i don't mind restarting at all. i have a save right before leaving the vault and i didn't make much progress. plus i know what's ahead so i can prepare better. 
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By xMP44x

It's not impossible to make the game easier. Somewhere in the Options you can notch the difficulty down. It makes things a lot less difficult. Also, the Supermarket is a decent spot to travel to. The Raiders pack some good gear, and you can kill them before stealing it. Personally, a weapon I could not live without was the Hunting Rifle. The HR and VATS makes for some great moments, and some nice Super Mutant OHK headshots. The 10mm is not bad either, if you can use it with VATS or something.

Don't try and play the game like a regular FPS. VATS might take a lot out of the combat, but it's a helpful tool and something every Fallout 3 player should use.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @Swaboo said:
    " @AjayRaz: Dude, you don't need to restart... just lower the difficulty if you really have too much trouble.   I played through it a few times and I always fight raiders in the school near where you go out of the vault. You can get some decent starting loot from them.   Stealth can be one of the most powerful skills since you can get a sneak critical hit headshot as your first attack. Those hurt. I was playing on very hard with a sneak build and wasn't having much problems dispatching hordes of foes. "
    i don't mind restarting at all. i have a save right before leaving the vault and i didn't make much progress. plus i know what's ahead so i can prepare better.  "
    If you want I can give you the set up I all ways use when I leave the vault. Or the one I often use. 
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By august
    @AjayRaz: You don't need to put everything into combat at the expense of other role playing, but you do need to pick one way to kill stuff and be good at it.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bed

thank you all for the help! i'm going to try everything i've been told and i'll report back :D 

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By lmenzol

when your starting out only invest in one type of combat skill not a whole bunch also with your attributes  have at least 6 points of intelligence more intelligence means more skill points when you level up. invest in one type of combat skill until you get it to at least 45 then you can start experimenting with other weapons check out this website 
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3
     it should tell you to how distribute your skills perks and attributes according to what you want to do

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @AjayRaz: Have you tried sneaking? And, if you don't already have one, I suggest you find a hunting rifle. If you sneak up on the raiders and shoot them manually in the head, not with VATS, from afar and hide when spotted then you should be able to get through the market and most of the beginning quests. The hunting rifle was one of the best weapons in the game IMO next to Lincoln's repeater.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bed

uhh.. is it normal for the game to freeze? o-O

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Bwast

Do you have any of the DLC? Does PS3 (assuming that's what you're playing it on) even have the DLC? If so, do Operation Anchorage. It's a very easy DLC what with all the health and ammo re-fillers and you get some armor and weapons at the end of it. That's what I did and it helped me get past quests I couldn't before.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Hey hey dude! You're like me :D 

I just restarted the game and changed the difficulty to very easy. I think it's better that way... 

Edit: LINK!  

It's so nice to know I wasn't the only one having trouble. That thread was just a rant, I restarted the game on very easy instead of just giving it up. The combat sucks, but RPG part is good. Very easy kind of lets me skip the challenging combat and give me a good game. Not that challenge is bad, not at all, but Fallout 3's challenge was because it was not made right. I think VATS is very stupid.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well invest some points into Small Guns first off and from there combat is get as close as safely possibly , Vats on head, watch head fly off.  Also do Moira's quest's she sends you to some places full of good starting equipment. As for the Those! quest it was the first i completed but it could be extremely annoying without the right stuff. 
    Increase your combat skills first is all i can say.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Bwast said:
    " Do you have any of the DLC? Does PS3 (assuming that's what you're playing it on) even have the DLC? If so, do Operation Anchorage. It's a very easy DLC what with all the health and ammo re-fillers and you get some armor and weapons at the end of it. That's what I did and it helped me get past quests I couldn't before. "
    The PS3 DLC is horrible. Its buggy and often slows to horribly slow. And Beth never fixed it.  

@AjayRaz said:
    " uhh.. is it normal for the game to freeze? o-O "
    What system?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bed
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    @AjayRaz said:
    What system? "
    360. I had to restart the game twice in the past hour because  

1. it froze 
    2. this JUST happened. i was in VATS killing the last raider in the super market but i didn't have enough points to make a headshot so i tried to cancel but the B button did not register so i was stuck.. terribly buggy. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    @AjayRaz said:
    What system? "
    360. I had to restart the game twice in the past hour because   1. it froze 2. this JUST happened. i was in VATS killing the last raider in the super market but i didn't have enough points to make a headshot so i tried to cancel but the B button did not register so i was stuck.. terribly buggy.  "
    Clear cache and all that fun stuff. Then retry. If you have a chose. Get it for PC. 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @AjayRaz said:
    "
    2. this JUST happened. i was in VATS killing the last raider in the super market but i didn't have enough points to make a headshot so i tried to cancel but the B button did not register so i was stuck.. terribly buggy.  "
    Same thing happened to me. I wanted to stab somebody bad.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bed
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

Clear cache and all that fun stuff. Then retry. If you have a chose. Get it for PC.  "
    PC isn't a choice at the moment. i'd kill to get it on PC.  

i'm not sure what you mean by clear cache and stuff. i'm on 360 so i didn't even know we had that stuff o-o  

also i installed it to the hard drive if it makes a difference in performance (less glitches and whatnot..seemingly more at this point) 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:

Clear cache and all that fun stuff. Then retry. If you have a chose. Get it for PC.  "
    PC isn't a choice at the moment. i'd kill to get it on PC.   i'm not sure what you mean by clear cache and stuff. i'm on 360 so i didn't even know we had that stuff o-o   also i installed it to the hard drive if it makes a difference in performance (less glitches and whatnot..seemingly more at this point)  "
    Check this 

Read all the info first. 
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DystopiaX
    @AjayRaz said:
    yeah. it's quite buggy. Also, you shouldn't have to turn down the difficulty...use med-x (increase damage resistance) and health restoration shit like food/stimpaks. The medkit in your room at the Vault should start you off with about 15. If your health is low just go to your pipboy and use some, or hotkey stimpaks to your d-pad.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bed
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    yeah. it's quite buggy. Also, you shouldn't have to turn down the difficulty...use med-x (increase damage resistance) and health restoration shit like food/stimpaks. The medkit in your room at the Vault should start you off with about 15. If your health is low just go to your pipboy and use some, or hotkey stimpaks to your d-pad. "
    you can hotkey items?  

i didn't even know that! thank you :D
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DystopiaX
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    yeah. it's quite buggy. Also, you shouldn't have to turn down the difficulty...use med-x (increase damage resistance) and health restoration shit like food/stimpaks. The medkit in your room at the Vault should start you off with about 15. If your health is low just go to your pipboy and use some, or hotkey stimpaks to your d-pad. "
    you can hotkey items?   i didn't even know that! thank you :D "
    I never tried it on the 360 version, as I hotkeyed all of my weapons to them, but I've seen people do it on the PC so i'm assuming it's possible for the 360 as well.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bed
    @DystopiaX said:

" @AjayRaz said:

" @DystopiaX said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    you can hotkey items?   i didn't even know that! thank you :D "
    I never tried it on the 360 version, as I hotkeyed all of my weapons to them, but I've seen people do it on the PC so i'm assuming it's possible for the 360 as well. "
    i just checked and there's a hot key button for stimpaks. this will be so useful for me. 
    Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By thekingoftoilets

You know, you could just go ape shit on Mentats from the pumping station on the right next to the bomb, and since they boost your explosives for a period of time, that should be enough for you to arm the bomb.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lowbrow
    @AjayRaz: 

Hey Ajay, word of advice, watch that stimpack use. Stimpacks in the game are prohibitively expensive to purchase from vendors, unless you're playing with a screwy build and dumping points into barter for whatever reason. Save those stimpacks as much as possible as for a situation where you really need them. As an example, I've started a new game, have gone through the first two chapters of the Wasteland Survival guide quest, just finished the THOSE! quest, disarmed Megaton's bomb, finished the Blood Ties quest and have now just initiated Three Dogs quest. I'm at level 9, and have about 60 stimpacks in my inventory, I've used maybe two stimpacks during my playthrough at this point. 

You should pretty much be using food items exclusively for healing early on in the game, saving the stims for much later down the line when you really need them. Save your rad away for when you're really in a jam, making sure to regularly visit a doctor to clear up your radation levels for 100 caps (or, if you have your house at this point, invest in a medical station once you have the caps!)
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bed
    @Lowbrow said:
    " @AjayRaz:   Hey Ajay, word of advice, watch that stimpack use. Stimpacks in the game are prohibitively expensive to purchase from vendors, unless you're playing with a screwy build and dumping points into barter for whatever reason. Save those stimpacks as much as possible as for a situation where you really need them. As an example, I've started a new game, have gone through the first two chapters of the Wasteland Survival guide quest, just finished the THOSE! quest, disarmed Megaton's bomb, finished the Blood Ties quest and have now just initiated Three Dogs quest. I'm at level 9, and have about 60 stimpacks in my inventory, I've used maybe two stimpacks during my playthrough at this point.   You should pretty much be using food items exclusively for healing early on in the game, saving the stims for much later down the line when you really need them. Save your rad away for when you're really in a jam, making sure to regularly visit a doctor to clear up your radation levels for 100 caps (or, if you have your house at this point, invest in a medical station once you have the caps!) "
    haha i'm kind of surprised that this is still getting replies.  

..yeah, i kind of abused my medical supplies / caps. i have 6 caps (from healing so much) and all my stimpaks are gone. all i have is a bunch of meat and food from the first chapter of the wasteland survival guide.  

thanks for the advice anyway, i'll try to save the ones i pick up later on. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @Lowbrow said:
    " @AjayRaz:   Hey Ajay, word of advice, watch that stimpack use. Stimpacks in the game are prohibitively expensive to purchase from vendors, unless you're playing with a screwy build and dumping points into barter for whatever reason. Save those stimpacks as much as possible as for a situation where you really need them. As an example, I've started a new game, have gone through the first two chapters of the Wasteland Survival guide quest, just finished the THOSE! quest, disarmed Megaton's bomb, finished the Blood Ties quest and have now just initiated Three Dogs quest. I'm at level 9, and have about 60 stimpacks in my inventory, I've used maybe two stimpacks during my playthrough at this point.   You should pretty much be using food items exclusively for healing early on in the game, saving the stims for much later down the line when you really need them. Save your rad away for when you're really in a jam, making sure to regularly visit a doctor to clear up your radation levels for 100 caps (or, if you have your house at this point, invest in a medical station once you have the caps!) "
    haha i'm kind of surprised that this is still getting replies.   ..yeah, i kind of abused my medical supplies / caps. i have 6 caps (from healing so much) and all my stimpaks are gone. all i have is a bunch of meat and food from the first chapter of the wasteland survival guide.   thanks for the advice anyway, i'll try to save the ones i pick up later on.  "
    If by some chance you have Skype and want more help. Give me a buzz  

laughing_man_x 

I would be happy to help. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.