How many hours have you put into Fallout 3?

#1 Edited by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

So I have about 380 something saves with about 4 or 5 characters. I went to the most recent saves for each character and added them together to get about 130+ hours. Whew!

#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

My first play through 58 hours, and my second character 10 hours, I gave the game up after that and traded it in.

#3 Posted by C0V3RT (1337 posts) -

I'm at about 70 hours with my first character.  All missions and DLC complete.  I would have held off on that stuff tho had I thought they'd raise the level cap.

#4 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I think I'm sitting somewhere around 90 for my main character- I've done all the quests, gotten all the bobbleheads, got most of the unique weapons, found most locations with this guy. I've probably clocked 20-30 on my second melee-based save.

#5 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

over 100 hours without the DLC. 

#6 Posted by Almak (90 posts) -

I'm on my second character right now but I saved over my last one so I don't have the exact data of that playthrough but on my current one I clock about 70+ hours which overall coupled with my 1st char would easily add up to over 120 hours of gameplay.

#7 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

my current playthrough over 100, before that like 50, and before that like 30 or so.
i started over alot cause i learnt new things and didn't know the lvl cap was 20 or how to perfect my stats.

#8 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

About 10 or less hours total then I got bored of it. Doubt I'll ever go back and finish it, just like Oblivion.

#9 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

93+hrs on my main character  8)

#10 Posted by mordukai (7126 posts) -

about 13 hours, got bored, traded it in, never bothered to finish it. what a bore.

#11 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -
mordukai said:
about 13 hours, got bored, traded it in, never bothered to finish it. what a bore.
You're crazy man.
#12 Posted by mordukai (7126 posts) -
@jNerd said: 
jNerd said:
mordukai said: about 13 hours, got bored, traded it in, never bothered to finish it. what a bore. You're crazy ... [more]
Yes I am, and by admitting my craziness it makes me not crazy because a crazy person will never admit that they are crazy. Problem solved. 
Fallout 3 is bare bones compared to Oblivion. As a someone who put in about 200 hours into Oblivion with only one character I bought the Fallout 3 solely on the fact that it came from Bathesda, should have ranted it.
#13 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

48 hours with everything done except for like 2 quests i think

#14 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

I cant remember how long I played my original character.  But the one I made for the DLC is at 18 hours, and still has all of the pitt, broken steel and most of the main quest line to go.

#15 Posted by LordCrom (277 posts) -

55 hours on the PC and another 15-20 for the 360.  1 character on each.  After seeing this thread last night, I went in and completed the main story line.  Reached level 20 just before the start of the final mission, "Take it back!"  Now to get Broken Steel. 

I have Fallout 3 on Steam, does anyone know if there is a conflict if I buy Broken Steel off of Windows Live and try to play it with my Steam version?  Thanks!

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -
mordukai said:
:(
#17 Posted by Nasar7 (2587 posts) -

Not that long, I'm with you Mordukai. Don't get me wrong I did various side quests and then beat the game but haven't touched it after that.

#18 Edited by MKHavoc (1306 posts) -

40 Hours.  By then I finished the main quest and only a few side quests.  I ended up liking that game a lot more than I thought I would.  I rented the game but I'm thinking about buying it once the pack with all the DLC comes out.

#19 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

123:48:56. I checked.

#20 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

about 50

#21 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Last night I finished up the last of the side quests (sans "Strictly Business" since I'm playing a good guy), have played through both Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt, and about half of the main quest missions. In between I did a few little things like grab some out of the way bobbleheads and take down all of the Super Mutant Behemoths. That clocked me in at about fifty-five hours.

To put that into even more perspective I'm using the strategy guide so I've pretty much been on rails from one objective to another. This is a long ass game.

#22 Posted by FordFairlane (99 posts) -

It's impossible to say. Since many of my Fallout sessions come at night, I have woken up many times to see my character just standing there doing nothing after I've fallen asleep for hours on the couch with a controller in my hand...

#23 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

On my main character I've put in about 71 hours, that includes DLC. On my secondary character I've got about 20 hours in. I've only done the main story and broken steel with that one.

#24 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

I beat the game in 25 hours, with a few side missions done.  I traded it in after that.  Maybe I'll get the PS3 ultimate edition in the fall, the one that comes with all the DLC.  I still have all my saves.

#25 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

too many fucking hours. I got a kid dammit. games like that will ruin a family.

#26 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2477 posts) -

About 30 hours for my first Evil character.

Currently on my 2nd character & I'm up to 56 hours with him.

#27 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
pause422 said:
About 10 or less hours total then I got bored of it. Doubt I'll ever go back and finish it, ... [more]
Same situation minus the whole Oblivion thing. I have about 400+ hours on that game on my 360. I actually just rebought it tonight in the GOTY edition (PS3) cause my 360 has got RRoD again. I wouldnt be suprised if I rack up nearly as many hours on my new copy. I can get enough Oblivion.
#28 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I've probably dropped around 35 hours into the game near its release...haven't touched it since, even though I did purchase Broken Steel the day it came out. I really need to get back to it someday, but there are just too many games to play right now.

#29 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Just 20 hours. But I'm waiting for the DLC to come to PS3 so I can play it all over again.

#30 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

Maybe...3? I couldn't get into it..it's still sitting there waiting to be played.

#31 Posted by Guerrilla_Mason (470 posts) -

Played through completely as good (minus 2 evil side quests and 1 glitched quest), over half way through on an evil playthrough, and completed the first two DLC packs with both.  Altogether, probably over 100 hours or so.

#32 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
@MB: Too busy playing Street Fighter IV eh? ...I swear that's all you play whenever I see you online, besides your brief visit with The Godfather 2. You should really give the game another shot...I hated it for probably the first 6 hours, but I really started to love the game after my character was a bit more powerful and the combat actually felt at least decent by then.
#33 Posted by Fallen189 (4931 posts) -

7. Finished main quest for points, then never went back.

#34 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Around 100 hours give or take with DLC included.

#35 Posted by The_Tolman (429 posts) -

100 hours i believe.

#36 Posted by DavidSnakes (675 posts) -

8 hours.  I hate it, seriously one of the most boring and frustrating games ever.  The endless dialogue is boring, the quests are boring until you start combat, then it gets insanely frustrating trying to fight off Super Mutants, only to have them kill me and remove 20 minutes of progress.  Even if the game gets good later, it's unbearable now.

#37 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

About 9, I gave up on it after a bit.Not my type of game.

#38 Edited by IceCrystal (42 posts) -

67 hours, but I haven't purchased any of the DLC yet.

#39 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -

i'd have to estimate the number in the vicinity of 0-1

#40 Edited by The_A_Drain (3910 posts) -
@Kush said:
"@MB: Too busy playing Street Fighter IV eh? ...I swear that's all you play whenever I see you online, besides your brief visit with The Godfather 2. You should really give the game another shot...I hated it for probably the first 6 hours, but I really started to love the game after my character was a bit more powerful and the combat actually felt at least decent by then."

That's what everyone should be doing with their spare time :P

Something like 70 hours I beleive, but i've been everywhere and done everything aside from 2 achievements, bobbleheads and hacked computer (I missed the vault 101 and raven rock bobbles, and have been lockpicking instead of hacking) including everything there is to see in the DLC. I have all the best weapons and armor and thousands of rounds of ammunition for the best guns, eagerly awaiting point lookout dlc.

Some advice for those who are not very far in and are hating it. If you hate dialog, quests and eploring... gtfo and play a shooter you obviously prefer them. If you're finding it frustratingly difficult then go to a guide and follow the general tips section, saves me writing them out again. Fallout is a very unforgiving series and Bethesdas offering is no different, unless you know how to make the most of your loot and keep yourself topped up with a nice supply of stimpaks, you will find the game hella difficult. In those 70 hours, my stats page says i've used something like 600 stimpaks, but my combat is on hard from the get go. Switch yours to easy and you should find things a little easier.
#41 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

I have over 100 on my main character alone. >.>

#42 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

about 20 hours with one character, iv been doing alot of side quests like collect the nuke cola and so on. i think im at the middle part of the main story but cant really remember because haven't played like in two months. I was planning to get back to the game because i wanted to explore all the  DLC games but got disattractive with red faction and ghost buster, maybe after im done with those two ill head back.

#43 Posted by ponyslayer (164 posts) -

i believe i have clocked in 105 or so hours in total

#44 Posted by manurok1 (191 posts) -

Over 30 hours and I am far from finishing on my first playthrough.

#45 Posted by manurok1 (191 posts) -

Over 30 hours and I am far from finishing on my first playthrough.

#46 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

On my 3rd playthrough but not many hours in total.  Maybe 40 hours total or so? 

#47 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -
@DavidSnakes said:
" 8 hours.  I hate it, seriously one of the most boring and frustrating games ever.  The endless dialogue is boring, the quests are boring until you start combat, then it gets insanely frustrating trying to fight off Super Mutants, only to have them kill me and remove 20 minutes of progress.  Even if the game gets good later, it's unbearable now. "
"The endless dialogue is boring"
You probably should have known about the dialogue before you got it

"The quests are boring until you start combat"
It's a role playing game, not a first person shooter

"...only to have them kill me and remove 20 minutes of progress"
Try saving?
#48 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

So far with 4 characters and 1 where I did 100% of everything I'd say roughly 120 hours. Easily the most I've put on any single player game in the last 10 years.

#49 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

Between my three characters, I'd say ~150 hours.

#50 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -
@Kush said:
" @MB: Too busy playing Street Fighter IV eh? ...I swear that's all you play whenever I see you online, besides your brief visit with The Godfather 2. You should really give the game another shot...I hated it for probably the first 6 hours, but I really started to love the game after my character was a bit more powerful and the combat actually felt at least decent by then. "
Too true, for people who hated it when they first played it give it roughly 10-15 hours of just wandering around doing stuff and by that time you'll fall in love with the game. It doesn't give a very good first impression but it takes a bit of time with the game to see where the charm is. Playing it for a few hours and saying it sucked does not do the game justice at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.