Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

I don't earn any more XP after Level 20

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Gregomasta

Hey all, I own GOTY edition of Fallout 3 on PC.  I hit level 20 before the Tranquility Lane mission.  I'm now heading to Vault 87 to look for the G.E.C.K.  It was my understanding that the level Cap was raised from 20-30 with the addition of the DLC and that I'd be able to continue leveling even if I haven't finished the main quest but I haven't earned experience points for anything since I reached level 20.  Whether it be killing an enemy, selling scrap metal, or completing a mission, experience points are never gained.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions?  Please try not to spoil any future story, thanks.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By yani

By the sounds of it the DLC hasn't activated.  Do you have various radio signals for the DLC content?  If not, try going to the game launcher and there should be a list of addons buried in the menu, simply need to check the boxes next to all the DLC content so the game loads it up properly.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

I could be wrong. it's been a long ass time since i played. but i think you need to finish the main quest before your level cap raises.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Gregomasta
    @yani: Thanks for the advice, I went into the data files at the launcher and only fallout 3 was checked to load.  I checked all 5 of the add-ons to load as well and when I launched into the game a bunch of quests and radio signals were found.  I also got the message saying that the level cap has been raised.

Thanks for the quick response guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.