Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

I don't think they got the memo...

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

So instead of asking my parents for a birthday present, my mom took me down to Best Buy. As I was perusing the game section I came across what I would describe as an enigma.

I walked up to the Xbox 360 section and I saw Fallout 3. The price? $59.99. That's nothing worth mentioning. But then my eyes wandered up to the Fallout 3 collector's edition. In case you don't know, it's stored in a "special" Fallout-styled metal lunch box that contains a Vault Boy Bobblehead, an art book, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game. Whatever. Anyway, the price? $59.99. Erm...

I don't know if Best Buy got the memo, but the collector's edition is supposed to cost more.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Today I saw Call of Duty: World at War for £30 and preowned for £35. The worst bit isn't necessarily that it cost more than a new copy but that they believe £35 is a reasonable price for a second hand game.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

Did you buy it?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb
    FiestaUnicorn said:
    "Did you buy it?"
    Actually, no. I bought the normal version. Really? No. I bought the collector's edition! :D
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

Apparently it's not a first. My dad got me the Resistance 2 collectors edition ad Best Buy because it was the same price as the standard edition.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I would guess that it's because they would prefer to get rid of the CE's first.  This is a complete guess, but I'm thinking they are taking up stock room that they would rather use for something else.  

Again, I am taking an uneducated guess having never worked retail.
    IndieBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By IndieBoy
    Out_On_Bail said:
    "
    Again, I am taking an uneducated guess having never worked retail.
    "
    This is how we do it :)
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince
    BiggerBomb said:
    "So instead of asking my parents for a birthday present, my mom took me down to Best Buy. As I was perusing the game section I came across what I would describe as an enigma.

I walked up to the Xbox 360 section and I saw Fallout 3. The price? $59.99. That's nothing worth mentioning. But then my eyes wandered up to the Fallout 3 collector's edition. In case you don't know, it's stored in a "special" Fallout-styled metal lunch box that contains a Vault Boy Bobblehead, an art book, and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game. Whatever. Anyway, the price? $59.99. Erm...

I don't know if Best Buy got the memo, but the collector's edition is supposed to cost more.

"
    They do this for a lot of games.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Rad. You win. Amazon.com was doing this like last week with the collector's edition of Saints Row 2.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Megalon

I got the collector's edition for less than the normal one on amazon a month or so ago. Crazy stuff!

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By bwooduhs

I bought Forza 2 collectors edition for $15 cheaper. I also got the Company of Heroes GOTY edition for cheaper too.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ArchScabby

The best way to buy things is almost always from someone who has no knowledge about what they are selling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.