Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Is there anywhere to go to heal / get cheap health.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

Ok, so first I went to Megaton and killed Lucy in her house because she had two nice beds and I was thinking that if I killed her and took her key that I would now own her house along with those beds in the house so I could come back and sleep on them.  Well no go.  Anyone know how you can get / own / takeover a bed?  They do restore health when you sleep in them right?

Other than that, is there anywhere I can get some health without going and being radiated to hell and my eyes going all blurry all the time?

I am on the quest in the beginning of the game going to Galaxy News Radio  and I keep getting my butt handed to me whenever I run into raiders on my way there.  And yes, I am using VATS, it is just when 4 come up and attack you at once with only like a half bar of health, you get pretty beaten up if you get out of that fight alive...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

You'll find mattresses and beds in most areas and camps and stuff. Also, why did you kill Lucy? What a bad move, dude. That may have just eliminated a possible quest for you. Anyway, if you do the Power of the Atom quest in Megaton, and take the "good path", you can be rewarded with your very own bed. You might want to do that as soon as possible.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedCobra03
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "You'll find mattresses and beds in most areas and camps and stuff. Also, why did you kill Lucy? What a bad move, dude. That may have just eliminated a possible quest for you. Anyway, if you do the Power of the Atom quest in Megaton, and take the "good path", you can be rewarded with your very own bed. You might want to do that as soon as possible. "
    Oh, no, I didn't save.  I was just trying like a billion different possibilities just to try and get something to stick and work...
    WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WickedCobra03

What kind of camps?  And where are these so called unowned beds?  Like on the outskirts of buildings, inside, abandoned?

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By animateria

Help Megaton with the bomb thing and they should give you your own place. If my memory serves correctly.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WickedCobra03

I just went to the SuperDuper Mart and found some beds in there alone with that camp outside Galaxy News Radio.  Thanks again for the help!

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RandomHero666

The doctor in Megaton can heal you, but is expensive so.. Kill him and his patients, and rob his ass.
    You may wanna head to Rivet City, the easiest place to steal in the whole game and more shops than anywhere else. Just pickpocket the medical shops key from the owner, head to their room and take what you can carry, also may be a good idea to do the same with the weopons dealer.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By skrutop

When you complete The Power Of The Atom (either good or bad) you get your own house, with a bed, medical station, and containers to store your gear.

Throughout the Wasteland, you'll run into Raider camps.  They usually have beds (check any trucks nearby or ruined shacks or something like that).  Whenever you go into a ruined building or Metro station, keep an eye out for first aid boxes on the wall.  You usually can find some in the bathrooms, but they're all over the place.  They usually have stimpaks to heal you up.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Any raider settlement seems to have at least a couple mattresses laying around. Just keep an eye out for them. Whenever you see one, you should probably use it to save and get full health.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By bwooduhs

Just save Megaton is the easiest way to get a house. Or if you blow it up you get a nicer house in tenpenny tower.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By kmdrkul

Just find any sink or toilet and drink from it.  Make sure you hold the button down.  You'll get rads but the trade off is good. 

Dachef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dachef

Just defuse the bomb in Megaton (Explosives or engineering skill of 25 is needed i believe) and you'll get your own house, complete with a bed.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By skrutop
    Dachef said:
    "Just defuse the bomb in Megaton (Explosives or engineering skill of 25 is needed i believe) and you'll get your own house, complete with a bed."
    If you don't have Explosives that high, pop a Mentat.

kmdrkul
    said:
    "Just find any sink or toilet and drink from it.  Make sure you hold the button down.  You'll get rads but the trade off is good.  "
    Wait, you can do that!?
    Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Warihay

Complete the "Power of the Atom" quest. If you decide to blow it up, you receive a house in Tenpenny Tower which includes a robot. The robot will give you infinite purified water so that is a good way to get good health items.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.