Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Mothership Zeta: what Prey would be if it didn't suck

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

I realize I'm sort of late to the party here, but having just bought the Pitt, Point Lookout, and Mothership Zeta  from that sale a few days ago and playing through them all back to back to back, I cannot say how much I was pleased by this DLC.  It was by far the best of the 5.  Point Lookout had its charm, but it was nothing compared to this one.  The pacing, story, setting, and more than anything else, equipment you got from the experience was all top notch.  What really sets it aside is the uncharacteristically cinematic experience the game gives for this one.  There is just so much detail here from the weird detours to various parts of the ship, the audio logs, the mishap with the deathray if you do what I did and just pushed every button in site without being caring about what it does, and even the confused samurai that no one can communicate with because no one speeks Japanese anymore, it's all fantastic.  Out of all the DLC, this one stands out in my mind for being the best by far. and I only hope Bethesda puts something similar in their next game.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I bought Prey a few days ago off Games on Demand because I enjoyed the demo. I'm liking the game so far.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadow
    @natetodamax said:
    "

I bought Prey a few days ago off Games on Demand because I enjoyed the demo. I'm liking the game so far.

"
    Yeah, Prey isn't outright terrible.  For the $4 they're selling it for these days, it's actually a very good deal.  Still, there was so much untapped potential that they didn't even try to touch on and I think Mothership Zeta capitolizes on everything that could have made Prey great (other than portals and antigravity nonsense) without all the dumb spiritual stuff that was shoehorned into the experience.  Also...dismemberment.
    Conflict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Conflict

Really? I found Mothership Zeta to be a boring mix of combat, linear hallways and bland environments (bar the earth viewing platform of course). There wasn't much character development and when you have people from different eras it just seemed like a missed opportunity. Point Lookout was good because it was basically a miniature version of Fallout 3.

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By billcosby2004

Really?  I was most disappointed with Mothership Zeta of all the DLC.  It just felt like linear corridor shooting with little of the classic Fallout dark humor that made the rest of the parts so great, maybe I was just burnt out on the 100+ hours I spent with game when I got it though.  Point Lookout will probably always be how i'd like to remember the DLC episodes, as it took some chances storywise and had enough varied gameplay to keep me interested.  Just my two cents. 

And Prey had an awesome opening, decent premise, and some really cool ideas that were kinda ahead of their time but you're right, they didn't follow through in the end.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

I didn't like Mothership Zeta that much, but it's probably because I had high expectations for it.  But Ryan used my pictures in his review, thus this DLC is awesome.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadow

I'm guessing most of you who are saying it wasn't good, didn't go out of their way to explore the ship.  One part that stands out above all else was in a waste disposal facility that if you follow the objectives directly, you never even approach.  You need to go there to get the Alien Archivist achievement, but I get the feeling very few people did.  It's to bad because that section had more work put into it than arguably, any other part of the ship....MAYBE the bridge

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By emkeighcameron

I think all of the Fallout 3 DLC blows, the only exception being Broken Steel, because it actually enhanced my character in an appreciable way.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By CounterShock

Point Lookout is the best to me because it gave me a new landmass to actually have incentive to come back and explore. Zeta is good for guns and samurai armor.

Astiaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Astiaks

prey wasn't all that bad. The story was actually great. there were just some annoying flying sections that were kinda broing,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.