Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Need help on Fallout 3 for (ps3)

Carnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Carnin

Pleas be honest on Fallout 3 for the ps3 version I been reading alot of negative review for the Goty edition and I was wondering is all of this really true how the game could freeze and the frame rate drop so much that you have to stop every hour and reboot your ps3. Just want to know if it is Playable

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By K0rN

I would no because I bought the X360 version. But if you have a choice go for the PC or X360 versions.
    Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I dunno 'bout the GOTY, but the regular version plays fine and doesn't have as much screen tearing or color explosions (dunno the technical term for that) as the 360 version. 

Very playable.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

It's very playable.  I watched a friend play the GOTY edition on PS3 for several hours without any graphical problems.  But like any other game of its nature, it's certainly not a bad idea to save frequently.
    hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By hypnotoad8128
    @Carnin:  Like most things on the Internet, the supposed issues with the game are completely overblown. The game is not only playable, but just as enjoyable as any other platform. So what if the drawing distances don't go to the horizon like on the PC. The supposed tearing is next to invisible. These observations are after near 60 hours and counting of play time of the PS3 version.
    D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By D0tti

I have the PS3 version and had almost no problems, the game could freeze up on me, but that was only when I played it for 5-10+ hours straight. I could also let the game stay on for a couple off hours while I was out or something and come back and play it without problems.

So yes the game is very playable on the PS3.

Carnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Carnin

K Thanks Guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had a lot of freezing problems with the Mothership Zeta quests. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.