Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Not sure about this....

Dovien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dovien

I'm a fan of Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Half Life, GTA4, Bioshock...games like that. Now, somehow, despite how awesome this game looks, I'm not convinced. Is this worth my $60? I'll be buying Fable 2, GoW2, and maybe CoD:WaW as well, this year, and I don't know whether I should add this to my budget list as well, or not. The videos look cool, the gameplay looks okay, but I've never, NEVER heard of / played a Fallout game before this. I have no clue as to what the other games are like, I don't know the details about this ones story (I've picked up bits and pieces from the trailers, but nothing too in-depth), so I'd just like to know the opinions of those who have played the previous games: do you recommend this to someone who has never played Fallout before? What are your reasons?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

I seriously have the feeling this game is gonna be terribly overrated and not that great.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

If you buy one game for the rest of your life- if this lives up to the hype - make it this

Fallout 1+2 were so f**king legendary - i still play 2 today!!!

You will make the time to play this!

Dovien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dovien
    OmegaPirate said:
    "If you buy one game for the rest of your life- if this lives up to the hype - make it this

You will make the time to play this!"
    Fallout 1 and 2 aren't Fallout 3. It may be completely different =(!
    coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By coolof

It will be different. In my opinion it will (most likely) be too different.

Gameplay for instance don't seem to share a single thing from the old games. Sure, they're all named the same but that says absolutely nothing.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zebadee

Nothing I have seen so far of this game has got me hyped over it, I will probably end up buying it still.

eileen_orr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By eileen_orr
    Dovien said:
    "I'm a fan of Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Half Life, GTA4, Bioshock...games like that. Now, somehow, despite how awesome this game looks, I'm not convinced. Is this worth my $60? I'll be buying Fable 2, GoW2, and maybe CoD:WaW as well, this year, and I don't know whether I should add this to my budget list as well, or not. The videos look cool, the gameplay looks okay, but I've never, NEVER heard of / played a Fallout game before this. I have no clue as to what the other games are like, I don't know the details about this ones story (I've picked up bits and pieces from the trailers, but nothing too in-depth), so I'd just like to know the opinions of those who have played the previous games: do you recommend this to someone who has never played Fallout before? What are your reasons?"

I think this game was designed to let people who hadn't played the Fallout games get into this game. It will be very different and I know this is why fans of the other too get pissed at the developers sometimes/all the time.

If you're a reviews sort of guy, wait for it to come out and read your prefered reviewer's opinions on it. Although being someone who likes the other games you've mentioned as well I'd advise you to buy this game.
    Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Zripwud
    Dovien said:
    "I'm a fan of Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Half Life, GTA4, Bioshock...games like that."
    So... you're saying that you're a fan of great games.
    Nah, I'm just saying, cause' they're so different from one another. What are "games like that"?  I'm a big fan of them too =)

About Fallout 3, it's really hard to say. I hope it'll be a great game. I love Oblivion, and  we know that Bethesda knows how to make a "do-whatever-you-want" kind of game. But Fallout it's just different. I don't know. I only hope it lives to the hype.
    Dovien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dovien
    Zripwud said:
    So... you're saying that you're a fan of great games.
    Nah, I'm just saying, cause' they're so different from one another. What are "games like that"?  I'm a big fan of them too =)

About Fallout 3, it's really hard to say. I hope it'll be a great game. I love Oblivion, and  we know that Bethesda knows how to make a "do-whatever-you-want" kind of game. But Fallout it's just different. I don't know. I only hope it lives to the hype."
    Heh, "games like that"...didn't even think about that. They are pretty different, but one main theme is shooting. Never really noticed that, honestly. Yeah, I guess I do love great games, and as for your mention of Oblivion, I completely forgot that game! I loved it, I should add it in there.

I'm not a reviews kinda guy, I go all die hard on previews and teasers and gameplay videos, and if I like the way a game looks, I buy it opening day (or midnight launch, like GTAIV). So far, the trailers have made me giggle, say "Oohhh" once or twice, but overall I don't think I'd buy it =/!
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I'm waiting at least three weeks after release to decide whether I should buy it or not.  I don't know what all there is to do in it, so I'm going to wait for some user reviews.

mel8o8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mel8o8

ok i loved and still play the first 2  event dabbled in brotherhood of steel(pc tactle shooter turn based), hated the one one the consoles(what ever it was)      but to be honest im worried about FO3    i hope it great but ....  if bethesda  cant pull it off  no one may be able too  .... im still getting  it  release  day  even if i have to pawn my 360..wait       damn  

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Discorsi

i think this game looks retarded from what I've seen.  However i haven't played it so we'll see.....

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lamegame621

Dear Dovien,

You are a nOOb. You are a mainstream gamer that enjoys shiny particle effects and big fake tits. The fact that you're buying COD world at war confirms your nOObness. I cant believe you think that Fable 2, GOW2, and COD world at war are worth your $180 but not sure as to whether or not you should drop $60 bucks on this. Halo blows.

sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                          A Concerned Gamer

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rorschach

Dlamegame621 said:

"Dear Dovien,

You are a nOOb. You are a mainstream gamer that enjoys shiny particle effects and big fake tits. The fact that you're buying COD world at war confirms your nOObness. I cant believe you think that Fable 2, GOW2, and COD world at war are worth your $180 but not sure as to whether or not you should drop $60 bucks on this. Halo blows.

sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                          A Concerned Gamer"
    Dear Pretentious Gamer #769,

You are a douche. If a dude wants to know what's up about  a game, specifically one that you seem to be hyped about, the best course of action isn't to flame him. There hasn't been a new Fallout game in almost ten years, so it's more than understandable that he might not know about Fallout, even if those who have played it, myself included, loved it. The Fallout series will only grow if properly promoted, and being a dick to somebody who might be interested in the series isn't going to help. As for Senor Dovien, try reading up on the Fallout pages on Wikipedia, there is a great back story there. The game is being developed by Bethesda, rather than the late Black Isle Studios, so look for something along the lines of Oblivion meets Mad Max. It looks to be shaping up to be a great action RPG.

-Rorschach

P.S. Saying Halo blows, when it clearly doesn't, makes you look stupid.
    P.S.S. Hardcore gamers can love big tits too.
    Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Dovien said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "If you buy one game for the rest of your life- if this lives up to the hype - make it this

You will make the time to play this!"
    Fallout 1 and 2 aren't Fallout 3. It may be completely different =(!"
    That's a legitimate concern. Right now I'm cautiously optimistic.
    It could be different in a bad way or a good way I can't tell you which and most people here don't know any more about the game than I do.
    Ask someone who went to PAX, maybe they can tell you what they think.
    deaux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deaux

Well said. 

I don't get why a person would ask this question, but not be interested in reviews.  This is exactly the question good reviews aim to answer, and there are plenty of good reviewers out there (and four right here -- Vinny has really come a long wai IMO).
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

And Peter M has lied constantly about his games yet you're antisipating and not worried about Fable 2? You have to give the game a chance, besides the brand new( and might I saw awesome) videos just released the otherday,(can find them on youtube or dl them on XBL) the only other thing shown if you haven't seen that has been like 2 minutes of combat and walking, it isn't the type of game that makes a great impression hands on because of all the elements it has in it. Wait until some reviews come out then for it and check it out, or at least rent it..its definitely a game that deserves a chance.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Dovien said:
    and as for your mention of Oblivion, I completely forgot that game! I loved it, I should add it in there.
    Fallout is basically going to be Oblivion with guns and technology instead of magic and fantasy.  Watch these three videos, then watch the other two parts of the series, and you'll be sold.  And if you liked BioShock, you'll likely see--and hear--some nice similarities with that game.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By calf_exercises

Man, I cant wait for this game. Oblivion is one of my most cherished games of all time so as long as its not broken I am sure I will love it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By kush

I am really excited for this game and I have never played a Fallout game either. I just think the game looks awesome and I am a big fan of Bethesda's previous games.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lakeport_abe

after watching those videos some of my concerns for the game are slowly going away, i cant wait to kill that sheriff and take his hat lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.