Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Oh Lord, what have I been missing out on?

• 63 results
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Trilogy
    @hedfone said:
    " @Trilogy said:
    " Couldn't get passed the pile of ass that is the combat in fallout 3. "
    wrong "
    I think the combat sucks. Deal with it.
    Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Clinkz
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " ah fallout 3. i liked it but i got bored. i love games with a variety of enviroments, but if you like this dont forget about oblivion, and also check mass effect 2 "
    Ahh, I see I have fallen victim to the General Discussion glitch.  Also, fuck Mass Effect in every hole it has until it pops. That game is anus. "
    I agree with the Mass Effect 1 statement, but Fallout 3 isn't even that good either. Oblivion fucks this game in every way possible. (I have 1000 achievements in both games so...)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Clinkz said:
    " (I have 1000 achievements in both games so...) "
    That doesn't mean anything.  Your opinion isn't fact, and the fact that you have 1k GS in both of those games is a moot point.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By mutha3
    @Clinkz said:

" @AlwaysAngry said:

" @Ryax said:
    " ah fallout 3. i liked it but i got bored. i love games with a variety of enviroments, but if you like this dont forget about oblivion, and also check mass effect 2 "
    Ahh, I see I have fallen victim to the General Discussion glitch.  Also, fuck Mass Effect in every hole it has until it pops. That game is anus. "
    I agree with the Mass Effect 1 statement, but Fallout 3 isn't even that good either. Oblivion fucks this game in every way possible. (I have 1000 achievements in both games so...) "
    None of the games you just mentioned there  have particularly good combat systems. Its just that Fallout 3 and especially Mass effect have redeeming values to make up for that.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By zyn

Dude, I was in the same boat.  Didn't care for it when it was announced or even shown at E3.

I enjoyed Morrowind but not Oblivion.  But that changed when my friend let me play his copy and it was awesome!

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Steve_C

Outside of the characters and dialogue, I enjoyed Oblivion a lot more than Fallout 3. The open-world aspects of it seemed far more enjoyable.

I hated the design of washington DC where I was constantly getting blocked and had to deal with the subway system, and just travelling about generally I kept getting griefed by those annoying wasps and such. I didn't find the quests to be as enjoyable, given that I didn't complete them all in fallout. I'm going to pick back up this summer to do the rest of the quests, so there's proabably some good stuff still to be found.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Computerplayer1
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @ThatFrood: I made a thread about Fallout 3, let's keep it that way.   I made a comment about Mass Effect, it shouldn't make him go into a nerd-rage. "
    Probably shouldn't have made the comment. People would obviously respond to it lol. This is especially true since the majority of people who played ME1 liked it a great deal.

As a side note, ME's universe is one of the most detailed in gaming which is impressive considering the franchise's age.

On topic though, Fallout 3 was a great game for sure and you should definitely enjoy it. Depending on how much you like the combat, it might get repetitive for you after a while.
    Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Clinkz
    @FluxWaveZ said:

" @Clinkz said:

" (I have 1000 achievements in both games so...) "
    That doesn't mean anything.  Your opinion isn't fact, and the fact that you have 1k GS in both of those games is a moot point. "
    No, it means I'm entitled to a complete, credible opinion since I've seen everything the game has to offer.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Clinkz: Oh, sorry then.  It was unclear, to me, what you were inferring by that.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By mazik765
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Also, fuck Mass Effect in every hole it has until it pops. That game is anus. "
    May I ask why? "  
    The voice-acting was so shit I almost burst out laughing.  The games ran at about 1/2 a frame per second on the 360.  The story was hella confusing and I didn't know where I was going half the time.  Once I got to Matriarch Benezia (I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR HER!!!) All I had to defeat her with was a pistol, because I was the infiltrator class. It was so hard, I gave up. I don't regret it one bit.  More reasons too, but these are the major ones. "
    The voice acting was superb, especially if you played as femshep.

The game ran with excellent FPS on every single one of my 4 play throughs (of both games), so it seems your xbox is dying.

Also I love people who quit a game and say it's garbage because it's 'too hard'. Unless you were playing through on Insanity there was not a single part that was overly difficult in ME1 Or ME2 for that matter) if you use what is available to you.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Glad you're really liking Fallout 3. It can be a little intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be wandering the wastes like nobody's business!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @tdk08 said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:
    " Also, fuck Mass Effect in every hole it has until it pops. That game is anus. "
    May I ask why? "  
    The voice-acting was so shit I almost burst out laughing.  The games ran at about 1/2 a frame per second on the 360.  The story was hella confusing and I didn't know where I was going half the time.  Once I got to Matriarch Benezia (I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE LOOKING FOR HER!!!) All I had to defeat her with was a pistol, because I was the infiltrator class. It was so hard, I gave up. I don't regret it one bit.  More reasons too, but these are the major ones. "
    Oh, you meant Mass Effect (1)? I thought you were talking about the sequel. "
    I hate how people think it's okay for there to be a shit game because the sequel is better.    Let's face it though, the whole universe of Mass Effect sucked. Star Wars screamed at me around every corner, seemed like a blatant rip-off of good movies. "
    Dude what?  Mass Effect had its share of problems but setting and voice acting were not in that mix.  Mass Effect had a sterling setting and incredibly mature voice acting for its time and genre.

Also, it did not suck.. It's more likely you sucked at it.  The fact that you couldn't follow its rather linear plot progression is fairly self evident of that.
    Marbazoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Marbazoid

I couldn't see past the ridonkulous character models and animations of Fallout 3. I don't understand how a game with that much media and critical attention could get away with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.