Opinions on how to proceed

#1 Edited by pseudomyxoma (108 posts) -

I was hoping for some opinions on this.  So as it stands I am one story mission away from beating Fallout 3 but I have many side quest that I still need to do to get all of the achievements however I have hit my level cap.   I know when the DLC comes (that has now been pushed back) the level cap will increase so I am thinking that there might be a new achievement for reaching level cap 30.  Also it will have free roam added in instead of the game just ending.  I figure I could do the following

1- Beat the final story mission and then start over with a neutral or bad character and finish the side missions that way.

2- Wait till the new DLC hits in April and then continue from there.

3- Continue on with all missions and not worry about not getting exp points anymore.

Also I do have previous saves around level 13 and 19 (already have the level 7 neutral and bad achievements) so I can get the neutral and bad achievements that way.  Also I have the 360 version.

#2 Posted by Noccee (57 posts) -

Personally i would go with the first option. If your going for all of the achievements your still going to replay the game anyway :)
And of course, it´s more fun to be bad :) 

#3 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -

Id wait

#4 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Wait for the new DLC and purchase Fallout 1&2.

#5 Posted by ColMustard (357 posts) -

I was an idiot with the achievments and forgot to keep any saves to get neutral/bad at the different levels... luckily I saved on at level 19.  Im in the same boat as you. I was at the last mission, ready to go with about 5 side quests remaining at level 20.  I did my sidequests and then beat the game.  My goal now is to play all three DLC's back to back in april so I get a little Fallout 3.5 experience.  While I wait, I am playing Fable 2 as well as Orange box which I never played and I bought burnout paradise yesterday... I got plenty to do.

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I would wait if I were you. That way, you can catch up on any other games you have yet to do, right? That strategy is what I am doing as well, because I have yet to beat the game myself.

#7 Posted by marcusfriendly (87 posts) -

I would wait also, just find some games like Orange Box which is great!

#8 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

I would wait. That's what I am doing and I am kind of in the same boat as you. I have thought about starting over again but on a game that I have put 60+ hours into, its just not something I really want to do. Also the whole experience wouldn't be the same because I would have already explored, and so much of the fun was exploring new areas I have never been before. So I would try to be replicating my experience again and it wouldn't replicate well. So I think playing this game over again is a bad decision. But that's alright, because this game has so many hours in its first play through, there's no need to want to play through it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.