Premium Theme?

#1 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

I thought the premium theme was supposed to be out today yet nothing. Was the release changed because the marketplace usually updates in the morning and its 5pm already.

#2 Edited by Creamypies (4044 posts) -
@Ket87: I was thinking the same thing. We were meant to be sent something on the 22nd September to confirm we were getting them. But nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.
#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I actually thought it came out oct 2nd. 

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

I just had a look around, and apparently Microsoft were meant to be sending out redeem codes to the email address that your XBL account is attached to... like I said... on the 22nd.

Yet searching through my backlog of mail... I don't see anything from Microsoft regarding it.

#5 Edited by C0V3RT (1336 posts) -

Just got my email with the token to download.  Pretty nice gesture from Bethesda.
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Do those of us who got them all for Games for Windows Live not get this theme?

#7 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

I'm still wondering if I'm eligible for it. I mean I bought all of the DLC except Mothership Zeta (which I won a code for here on GB).

So I'm starting to think that I won't get it because I technically didn't pay money for the latter.

#8 Posted by Ket87 (441 posts) -

I just bought Mothership Zeta today so I wasn't expecting the free version but I was at least hoping that it went up on the marketplace for the rest of us.

#9 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

I am on east coast and I got my code a few hours ago. The theme is actually very cool.

#10 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
@creamypies said:
" I'm still wondering if I'm eligible for it. I mean I bought all of the DLC except Mothership Zeta (which I won a code for here on GB).  So I'm starting to think that I won't get it because I technically didn't pay money for the latter. "
Same here... kinda. I purchased the Point Lookout download card.
#11 Posted by benitobb (289 posts) -

I just got my code for it via e-mail a couple hours ago.
#12 Posted by Smodowen (40 posts) -

Just got my code. Very cool bonus from Bethesda, rewarding the fans.

#13 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I bought all of the expansions, but I bought the retail disk with Operation Anchorage and  The Pitt on it.  

Anyone know if I qualify for the free theme?

#14 Posted by Windex (50 posts) -

My code doesn't work.  I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since it's Fallout 3 DLC after all. :P

#15 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I'm so confused about the whole thing. I haven't bought all the DLC, but the theme is supposed to be available to people willing to plop down 3 bucks for it. Yet when I go into the themes and premium themes menus, i don't see it. 

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I got the code two days ago. It worked just fine and I bought all the DLC through XBLM. It wouldn't be cool if the disc versions didn't count but they may not.

#17 Edited by The_Tolman (429 posts) -

i bought all 5 and never got a code. all were purchased on the market place. 
just wondering if there is a place i can call or something. can any one lend a hand?
#18 Edited by artofwar420 (6247 posts) -

I wonder if the PS3 will get anything like this, or even the PC... a premium Windows theme? Lol?

#19 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

Well, I can say this. It's a theme, do you really care? Find a Fallout 3 wallpaper and stick it as your background.

#20 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Got the code but it doesn't work

#21 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@ProjectMayhem said:
i bought all 5 and never got a code. all were purchased on the market place. just wondering if there is a place i can call or something. can any one lend a hand?
I emailed Bethesda's support, but they have't replied.
#22 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @ProjectMayhem said:
i bought all 5 and never got a code. all were purchased on the market place. just wondering if there is a place i can call or something. can any one lend a hand?
I emailed Bethesda's support, but they have't replied. "
I did the same, and am awaiting reply. They're probably getting a ton of these.
#23 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Okay, is anyone else able to actually get to the premium theme in the market place? Because when I go there it's not there. 

#24 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

My code works now. I just did it over the internet instead of the Xbox and it worked fine.

#25 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@creamypies said:

" @Br3adfan said:

" @ProjectMayhem said:
I did the same, and am awaiting reply. They're probably getting a ton of these. "
I just got a response, a pretty lame one at that. 

Hello Frank

No, the offer is only valid for folks that purchased all five DLCS via Xbox LIVE.

Thank you for playing Fallout 3.    

#26 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Its not just for people that purchased it over xbox live.
I purchased the redemption codes via retail, Now if you got the content disc based packs i dont know but I got mine in the mail today.

#27 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Just entered the code at the marketplace on xbox.com and it worked its sitting on my queue till i turn on my 360 on.

#28 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -

I really like the theme :)

When i first saw a screenshot of it, it had a Fallout 3 logo on the left of the theme when you have it on but they toke it off which i like :P

#29 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" Its not just for people that purchased it over xbox live.
I purchased the redemption codes via retail, Now if you got the content disc based packs i dont know but I got mine in the mail today.

"
So do you have to buy it outside of XBL? That seems odd. 
#30 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@AgentJ said:

" @WilliamRLBaker said:

" Its not just for people that purchased it over xbox live.

"
So do you have to buy it outside of XBL? That seems odd.  "
I dont think so. Though im unsure what your asking.

Weither you have to buy the theme on xbox.com or not.
Its showing up for me the theme that is on xbox.com marketplace.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802425307d5/?of=8

I've not checked xbox lives marketplace.
though i downloaded the theme and it works, though its meh for me since i sport my Giantbomb background now.

P.S: I need some help people, I have the giantbomb ps3 background but a forum member made a complete giantbomb ps3 theme, and i cant find the forum post for it so i can download it.
#31 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: I haven't tried in the last two days, but it was supposed to come out a while ago on XBOX live marketplace and I haven't seen it there
#32 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

I got the email last week and the code worked fine.  Apparently according to the email I got early this morning there were problems with the codes given out for the free theme and they've issued new codes.

#33 Posted by Smodowen (40 posts) -

I got a second code as well, even though my first one worked.

#34 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Smodowen said:
" I got a second code as well, even though my first one worked. "
Yep, same here.
#35 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Finally got my code.

#36 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @creamypies said:

" @Br3adfan said:

" @ProjectMayhem said:
I did the same, and am awaiting reply. They're probably getting a ton of these. "
I just got a response, a pretty lame one at that. 

Hello Frank

No, the offer is only valid for folks that purchased all five DLCS via Xbox LIVE.

Thank you for playing Fallout 3.    

"

I got a response too. And according to them, I should be eligible. So I've emailed them again to ask where my theme is heh, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hello,

As long as all your DLC's purchased and redeemed (including the free one) were in English and all purchased before September 22nd, you would be eligible.

#37 Posted by Neorub (163 posts) -

I bought all five, still awaiting my code

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.