Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Question about replacing game with GOTY edition

Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Kaburorne

Don't hate me for getting Fallout 3 on Xbox 360, but I have a question.
    I want to buy all of the DLC packs (bar Broken Steel, cause I already have it). I'm pretty sure it works out cheaper buying a new copy of Fallout 3 GOTY edition with the DLC, instead of buying Microsoft points and getting the DLC though the marketplace.
    The thing I want to know is, how is the DLC added to your system? Is it a separate disc that installs the DLC onto your hard drive, or is it just on the disc.
    And also, if I sold my copy of Fallout 3 and installed the new GOTY edition copy, would my saved games still work properly?   

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Kaburorne: it comes with a second disc that you insert and choose what DLC you want and it installs to your hard drive. All save games will continue to work.
    Kaburorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Kaburorne

Thanks man. Just what I wanted to hear. 
    Thank you very much for the speedy and informative reply :)

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @Kaburorne: it comes with a second disc that you insert and choose what DLC you want and it installs to your hard drive. All save games will continue to work. "
    Yeah, this.  just pop it in, install it, and you'll never need that second disc again.  The extra content loads right into whatever game you had saved.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Kaburorne: no prob, enjoy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.