So Did The 1.1 Patch Break Anyone Else's Installation?

#1 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -

I played through the entirety of Fallout 3 in December without a single (game-breaking) technical hitch. I wanted to get back into the swing of things in preparation for the DLC.

HOWEVER!

When I patched to 1.1 through GFW Live, it apparently b0rked my install and now it crashes to the desktop every 30 seconds or so. Anyone have similar problems /  a fix?

#2 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I would try backing up the save games and reinstalling.

#3 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

OS? Vid card?

#4 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -
Hexpane said:
"OS? Vid card?"
Vista x64 Ultimate
nVidia 8800 Ultra

Windows and drivers are all up to date, as far as I know.

Megalon
said:
"I would try backing up the save games and reinstalling."
I've considered this. I might wind up doing it.
#5 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

Make sure you have ffdshow not active for fallout3.exe. Just go into the preferences and add fallout3.exe to the list (If you have Oblivion, you'll already see oblivion.exe in there).

Also, I advise turning off the Vista sidebar.

#6 Posted by HistoryInRust (6307 posts) -

I'm playing on the 360, so I cannot sympathize completely.  But when the patch, ahem . . . title update, came around my game began to freeze regularly. 

To solve my problem, I had to delete the game from my hard disk (I was playing from my HDD) and re-download it post-patch. 

#7 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -
Megalon said:
"I would try backing up the save games and reinstalling."
what are you playin it on? & no that has never happened to me....
#8 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

This thread is dildos. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.