Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

That was, unexpected...

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, just a quick blog post today, most of it about Fallout 3, which is the game that I've been playing recently. Now I know it's been months since it's been out, but it was one of the games I decided to skip, because of the bad experience I had with the PC version. Now that I've borrowed it from a friend, I decided to give it another go. I've progressed a lot, and I'm at level 12, and presumably, I'm a really evil guy, though it doesn't seem like it, but Three-Dog on GNR keeps referring to me as "the bogey man from vault 101" so I guess that's pretty evil. Anyway, apparently I beat the storyline today, though I am so not satisfied, as it was a VERY abrupt ending, I didn't even realize it was over until the slides showed up and that narrator started talking. I felt like the game was cut short, there was so much else to do! Luckily I have a save that was right before the final mission. Though the moments leading up to the end were cool, it was severely glitchy, with voices not being heard, dialogue being skipped(I wasn't pressing any buttons!) and some framerate issues.
    Though I did enjoy the game, alot, I just can't LOVE it, like others may, I mean, there's so much to love, and so much to hate. For example, I love the dismemberment, but I hate the combat, aiming is retarded, and you have to rely on VATS alot, which is cool, but time consuming, and the noveltly of watching limbs fly off in slo-mo wears thin, really really fast. There were still some areas I really wanted to explore, but couldnt, due to skill limitations, but I guess I can always run through the game again. I'm guessing the game took me around 20 hours, that's a lot less than what has been hyped, as I recall, someone said "there's over 100 hours of gameplay" but I guess they didn't mean the actual storyline. For some strange reason, my absolute favourite part of this game was when I was in Tranquility Lane, that part was pure fun! With just the right amount of dark humor and charm. I would replay the game just to play through that part again, I wish I'd made a save before I started it, so i could play it again without having to slog through the first part of the game.
    So if I was going to reveiw the game properly, I'd say this game doesn't live up to its full possible potential, it could've been so much more. The graphics are, well okay I guess, for an open world game, though the character animations are so bad, and the characters themselves lack any facial expression, they just look dead. The game has moments of brilliance, and moments-like all the glitches and bugs-which scream laziness! Overall I think that this is an enjoyable experience, marred by technichal glitches, lame combat, and a shit ending. It's worth a play through tho, as you probably won't find anything like it anytime soon. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars.
    On a side note, I'll be getting RE5 sometime this week hopefully from my friend. That's about it folks, any comments would be appreciated.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie

Hey all, just a quick blog post today, most of it about Fallout 3, which is the game that I've been playing recently. Now I know it's been months since it's been out, but it was one of the games I decided to skip, because of the bad experience I had with the PC version. Now that I've borrowed it from a friend, I decided to give it another go. I've progressed a lot, and I'm at level 12, and presumably, I'm a really evil guy, though it doesn't seem like it, but Three-Dog on GNR keeps referring to me as "the bogey man from vault 101" so I guess that's pretty evil. Anyway, apparently I beat the storyline today, though I am so not satisfied, as it was a VERY abrupt ending, I didn't even realize it was over until the slides showed up and that narrator started talking. I felt like the game was cut short, there was so much else to do! Luckily I have a save that was right before the final mission. Though the moments leading up to the end were cool, it was severely glitchy, with voices not being heard, dialogue being skipped(I wasn't pressing any buttons!) and some framerate issues.
    Though I did enjoy the game, alot, I just can't LOVE it, like others may, I mean, there's so much to love, and so much to hate. For example, I love the dismemberment, but I hate the combat, aiming is retarded, and you have to rely on VATS alot, which is cool, but time consuming, and the noveltly of watching limbs fly off in slo-mo wears thin, really really fast. There were still some areas I really wanted to explore, but couldnt, due to skill limitations, but I guess I can always run through the game again. I'm guessing the game took me around 20 hours, that's a lot less than what has been hyped, as I recall, someone said "there's over 100 hours of gameplay" but I guess they didn't mean the actual storyline. For some strange reason, my absolute favourite part of this game was when I was in Tranquility Lane, that part was pure fun! With just the right amount of dark humor and charm. I would replay the game just to play through that part again, I wish I'd made a save before I started it, so i could play it again without having to slog through the first part of the game.
    So if I was going to reveiw the game properly, I'd say this game doesn't live up to its full possible potential, it could've been so much more. The graphics are, well okay I guess, for an open world game, though the character animations are so bad, and the characters themselves lack any facial expression, they just look dead. The game has moments of brilliance, and moments-like all the glitches and bugs-which scream laziness! Overall I think that this is an enjoyable experience, marred by technichal glitches, lame combat, and a shit ending. It's worth a play through tho, as you probably won't find anything like it anytime soon. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars.
    On a side note, I'll be getting RE5 sometime this week hopefully from my friend. That's about it folks, any comments would be appreciated.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael
    I recommend replaying the game. Start by focusing on lockpick and science - you should be able to maximize both very early(especially if you get the bobbleheads) so you can explore every area of the game. If you find VATS boring, make a melee/stealth character. Sneaking up on someone with a shishkebab, one-hit killing them and then returning to the shadows before you get noticed is unbelievably satisfying. Oh, and you should already know this, but don't rush through the main story. If you explore and do sidequests, you can get those 100 hours of gameplay(possibly more).
    temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By temperedvortex

dude i 100% agree with you about this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.