Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

What Weird Stuff/Places Have You Found Scowering The Wastes?

• 65 results
    igloodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By igloodude

I walked inside the remains of a house near Springvale and saw a man standing there. I approached him and pressed A to talk, but before he could get a word out he just collapsed right at my feet. He was dead. I checked his body and he had a note on him. I read it, and it said that this guy was a traveling merchant who had gone to a strange town and was asked to drink a strange liquid that the locals claimed would bring him closer to "The Chosen One," or something like that.

pandamonium22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By pandamonium22

Everyone's talking about how creepy Andale or the Vaults were, but I can't believe no one's brought up the Dunwich Building! The game practically turns into a survival-horror game when you go there.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Damian
    @pandamonium22 said:
    " Everyone's talking about how creepy Andale or the Vaults were, but I can't believe no one's brought up the Dunwich Building! The game practically turns into a survival-horror game when you go there. "
    Someone did, but couldn't name it. Good call. It's truly creepy. One moment in particular made me think I was going crazy a little. 
    Oh, and you might want a ghoul mask to do this one.
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By T0mF5
    @AndrewB said:
    "I got the spaceship crash event and didn't really know what it was. I heard the sounds of it flying overhead, but when I looked up, it was too late. I had no idea what it was until reading up on it over at FalloutWiki, even though I noticed the randomly-strewn alien blaster ammo lying around after. Unfortunately, I never stumbled across the unique weapon drop there, and now I have no idea exactly where the event occurred, so the only way for me to get it is either to scour every inch of the wasteland, or cheat it in."

Take dogmeat to where that happened and tell him to look for a weapon.
    Avatar image for scrubbingbubbles
    ScrubbingBubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By ScrubbingBubbles
    @pandamonium22 said:

"Everyone's talking about how creepy Andale or the Vaults were, but I can't believe no one's brought up the Dunwich Building! The game practically turns into a survival-horror game when you go there. "

You are fucking right. That place was off the chain. Vault 106 was also super messed up shit. I just happened upon both while SCOURing the wastes in search of some bobbleheads, and then those creepy places happened to have some bobbleheads, so I end up searching through the whole damn place and getting excitement all the way through. It's cra-z how the Dunwich Building bobblehead is just lying there in the middle of the floor, and the fact that it was Melee was extra awesome because I sliced my way through the place with a shishkebab. 

Also, weird as it may seem, Takoma Park was a little creepy for me.

CustardArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CustardArmy
    @Etansit:
    lol, that vault cracked me up.... GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CustardArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CustardArmy
    @Etansit said:
    "GARY?!  GARRRRYY?! "

lol, that vault cracked me up..... GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By regularassmilk

Whoaaa, I went to trade Scrap-metal for stimpaks, and I went into another part of the history museum, and found an Abraham Lincoln Action Figure, and Lincolns Repeater Rifle.
    I love the rifle, its the most powerful bullet-based weapon I have.

Takoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Takoto

Andale, and the room that room full of... plungers, I think it was.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By mikemcn
    @regularassmilk said:
    "Whoaaa, I went to trade Scrap-metal for stimpaks, and I went into another part of the history museum, and found an Abraham Lincoln Action Figure, and Lincolns Repeater Rifle. I love the rifle, its the most powerful bullet-based weapon I have. "

Thats a solid rifle, alot of fun.
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By FalconCritical

Just the assortment of random named characters you come across really, an example being Rocksalt as the leader of some Raiders somewhere down in the metro tunnels.  Every time I come across one I wonder whether they're a reference to something, but often forget their names before I can look em up.

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Rapture
    @gingertastic_10 said:
    " Andale. Best place in the game. "
    i second that
    Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Colonel_Fury

In the Hubris Comics building there is a text adventure game called "Reign of Grelok ".  If you can't find it, someone remade it in flash.

Wilberton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wilberton

It was only a small thing but I ended up taking a screenshot of what I found. 

Imagine, it's the end of the world, the bombs are falling... What do you do? Inside a wooden shack out in the wastes, I found both a skeleton and a toaster in the bathtub...
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @CitizenKane: That was the only part of the game that depressed me, it just reminded me of the road. I just ended up turning the game off for a while after that.
    thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By thepantheon

The Dunwich Building was the last thing in a long while that truly scared the shit out of me. 

But the weirdest place for me was spelunking my way through the weird Mudcrab people caverns and finding the King.

My dog died in that cavern. I will forever hate those goddamn crabs for that.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#67  Edited By mikemcn
    @ThePantheon said:
    " The Dunwich Building was the last thing in a long while that truly scared the shit out of me.   But the weirdest place for me was spelunking my way through the weird Mudcrab people caverns and finding the King.  My dog died in that cavern. I will forever hate those goddamn crabs for that. "
    I was scared of losing my dog so much that i got the perk so i could replace him if he did die, The irony was that I never let the dog out of my megaton house because i didn't want to lose him even if he could be replaced, that dog should have been invincible.
    Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Neorub

Its been said but the town of Andale. Locked the kids in a house and proceded to whoop some ass around town after I found what was in the basement. Also this elderly lady who sells items said her son was fishing near the start of the game, near the end of the game I stopped by to see her son and a group of bandits shot her after eating a meal she had cooked them.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By one_2nd
    @CitizenKane said:
    " The creepiest thing(s) I have found in the waste was a radio signal from a father and his boy asking for hope.  When I found where the signal was coming from, there were two skeletons lying there: one adult and one child.  Definitely the most depressing moment I have had in a game in a long time. "
    Wow, that's awesome. I wish I still had this game..
    rebekahoppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was playing the pc version yesterday and was going through the vault that you find the G.E.C.K. in and used a cheat to unlock the door that required a key on the way to the chamber that holds the G.E.C.K. It led to what appeared to be the entrance to the vault (although inaccessible from the outside due to radiation) when i opened the gigantic vault door, there was like a greenish black barrier in the way. When i tried to walk through it, I reappeared in front of Fawkes' cell. Was so weird!

rebekahoppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I used a cheat to summon 25 dogmeats to my side, made the game freezy so i tried to get rid of them.. I shot one, then the others came after me.. why is it so easy for enemies to kill dogmeat, but when i try, its freaking impossible! And the kill cheat didnt work on them! I had to kill them all by hand... I felt soo badd..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.