Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Will this processor and graphics card be able to run this game?

Biohazard237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Biohazard237

I'm sure this will be able to run it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how well it would run it and what graphic settings i will need to set it to. 
    I'm fairly new to PC gaming so any advice helps. 

Intel® Pentium® Dual Core™ T4500 (2.3GHz/800MHz FSB/1MB cache)  
    Intel  GMA X4500HD   Graphics Card 
    2GB Shared Dual Channel RAM

Edit: I haven't bought it yet, but the computer i'm looking at is the Inspiron 14 Laptop with these specs.  It's perfect for my price range and I can't really go above it, at the most i could add one more GB of RAM

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VisariLoyalist

the pentium part is a bit iffy given that that's pretty old technology by now. There are some good tools for this like can you run it. google "can you run it" and type in fallout 3 and you should get an idea

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It will probably be able to run it, but only just. If you're looking to play modern games, do not get an Intel GMA graphics card. They're integrated cards that aren't designed for medium to high end gaming. You'll want a dedicated ATI or Nvidia card if you want to play games.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ectoplasma

Hmmmm, yeah maybe you should wait a little until u can get a dedicated video card in there. It doesn't have to be really fancy but if video card has shared memory it most likely doesn't run a lot of stuff. I don't know this graphics card but the CPU should be fast enough to run Fallout3 decently and 2 or 3 GB RAM will be enough, too. 

If you don't necesarrily need a laptop you could buy a real computer for that money and get something faster.

Biohazard237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Biohazard237

Okay how about this one? 

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• AMD Turion(TM) II Dual-Core Mobile Processor P520 (2.3GHz, 2MB L2 Cache)
  • FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
  • ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4250 Graphics with 128MB Display Cache Memory [HDMI, VGA]    
  • This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.