Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Worth it?

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

Here's my situation:

I didn't play Fallout 3, because I just wasn't interested enough. When GB posted the Broken Steel quick look, I watched it. 

Now I have the chance to get Fallout 3 for dirt cheap.

Here's the problem. 
    The Broken Steel quick look showed the ending of the game, and I found the ending to be absolutely the worst ending to any game ever, and anyone who at any point thought that an ending like that is okay should be shot, and the body fed to wolves. And then the wolves should be shot as well, because that FUCKING IDIOT has been near them and his IDIOCY might infect the poor wolves.

I'm not sure I want to spend a bunch of hours playing this game, that might be great along the way, only to end up with such bullshit for an ending.

So would it sitll be worth it, considering it's dirt cheap? I couldn't really tell you how much it is, because in my country games cost around 100$ new, so my dirt cheap is your overpriced game. :)

Basically, there is no other good game I could buy with this money, it's that much cheaper.

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vitefish
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Absolutely. The ending lasts about 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes don't ruin the 150 hours you could easily spend with the game.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Warfare

Get it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Can you think of anyone who bought Fallout 3 for the story instead of the gamplay? 'cause as a game it's great. As a story...meh. But it. Now.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Afroman269

Get the GOTY edition.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By hungrynun

If you'd want to spend full price for Fallout 3 the GOTY edition is comming out soon. Contains the full game along with all the DLC. Around 110 USD if you got everything as they were comming out.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By ventilaator
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Get the GOTY edition. "
    That's a new release on is going to be full price for me. For full price, I'd rather buy a game I actually really want to play without hesitation...
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum

Just buy the game. It's pretty damn good.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Afroman269
    @Ventilaator said:

" @Afroman269 said:

" Get the GOTY edition. "
    That's a new release on is going to be full price for me. For full price, I'd rather buy a game I actually really want to play without hesitation... "
    In that case just get the regular.  I suggested it because your just saving money if you didn't buy all the DLC for it.
    warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By warp

seeing as how I happen to be playing this right now, (yay multitasking!) I must also chime in to recommend you get the game as soon as possible.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @natetodamax said:
    "Absolutely. The ending lasts about 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes don't ruin the 150 hours you could easily spend with the game. "
    This...
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By AgentJ

Easiest answer of the day. It's worth it. Hold out for the GOTY edition on tuesday though

EvangelBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EvangelBlue
    @Ventilaator: I was in the exact same situation as you were in about a couple months ago during the summer. My friend got it for quite cheap and lent it to me as he went off on holiday somewhere. I was very very skeptical about the game, and also watched the broken steal quick look. But since it was the summer and I had no new games, I gave a shot because I was THAT bored.

And I never regret giving it a try. I quickly got addicted and for the next 2-3 weeks played it almost nonstop. I liked it so much that I got all the trophies for it and then got the platinum, yay. I might end up getting the GOTY edition as I do really want to play the add-ons, but probably not anytime soon, since there are other games coming out that I want to get.

So basically, my answer is, yes get it. If it's dirt cheap, get it. As for getting the GOTY edition, I recommend getting it, but as you don't know if you'll like it yet it might not be the wisest decision. Maybe what you should do is rent the game or play it at a friend's or somethin, then if you really like it, get the GOTY edition.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By bwooduhs

Get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By guiseppe
    @natetodamax said:
    " Absolutely. The ending lasts about 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes don't ruin the 150 hours you could easily spend with the game. "
    This guy knows how it is.
    sanguinerose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By sanguinerose

yeah fallout 3 is amazing! its got 5 expansion packs with it, a much easier user friendly levelling up system, rather than the overly intricate one in oblivion, where you have to use the skills to get you level up, like you have to let an npc attack you and you block it that will make you block skill go up, and it forces you to not play the game just find a place of safety and solace and practice you skills, like casting spells over and over again, or conjuring a creature and slashig it with a blade to get you blade skill up. where as fallout 3 has the typical one where you go out there have fun killing things and looting and exploring and earn xp for it. it has no factions no like the dark brotherhood, fighters guild etc. but to be honest i find myself only trying to complete the mages and fighters guild sheerly for the fact of saying i have completed them cos to be honest i dont like them i think there boring so is the main quest oblivion gate, get sigil stone, another oblivion gate etc. but in fallout 3 its quality over quantity, and still part quantity as well. i still love oblivion but i find half of the guilds boring. but in fallout there just enough content to keep you happy, where as the other game has too much, a bit for everyone, cos in fallout 3 i only really play the sneaky assassin sniper rifle gripping character, same sort of thing in oblivion. fantastic storyline and characters and concept. great unique vats system.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Geno

It was a pretty mediocre game in my opinion. Combat system sucked, story sucked, presentation was....okay, but the environment was extremely dreary and not exactly a place you want to be spending time in. The main campaign is shorter than that of a first person shooter and the side quests are completely lame and repetitive. I haven't written a review yet, but that's because I'm stuck on whether to give it 2 or 3 stars. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.