demodocus's Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) review

Fallout 3--Review

Fallout 3 from Bethesda is the long awaited addition to the Fallout series.  I personally don't know anything about the past Fallout games so I will just give my personal experience of the game.  To put it simple, Fallout 3 is mostly a post-apocalyptic Oblivion.  In many ways that's a good thing because Oblivion was a great game.  But there are fall backs with Fallout 3.  My personal hang up with the game is the fact that the game ends completely when you finish the main story.  One of the best things about Oblivion was going back and doing side quests after finishing the main game.  You can't do that in Fallout 3 unless you make a save before the last mission and load it back later.  That personally ruined the experience for me.  But otherwise, the game is a great experience.  The graphics are stunning, the sound is great, and the story is interesting for the most part.  If you don't go into Fallout 3 expecting it to be as great as Oblivion, then I believe anyone could have a great time with Fallout 3.