Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

Fallout 4 - Leaked Game Details

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Last year a Bethesda employee gave out tons of detail about Fallout 4 - but no one believed her.

Seems legit now.

Source.

-------------------------------

Before you all say: "TROLL!" "LIAR!", etc, you can all can your mouths and ask one of the Bethesda Employees about Me (my username is my name) and they will confirm I worked for Bethesda. I am strictly posting this in "Revenge" for them firing me.

Anyways, I worked at Bethesda Game Studios in Maryland up until last month before I was fired for releasing confidential information (but it was an accident!) and so here I am, sitting unemployed with my 2 kids thanks to those fools. So, I wanted to say: I worked on, and played, Fallout 4. Yes, I did.

I want to confirm that the recent leaks about Fallout 4 are true. In Fallout 4, you are in Boston, and it takes place in the year 2287, exactly 10 years after Fallout 3. In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more "Story Based" and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline.

At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story), and afterward, you start the game with a blast. After the blast, you awake to see the building you are standing inside blown apart and your wife, Lydia, dead. Robots and Androids are storming the place, killing and kidnapping the people inside. You, known as "The Officer", must escape and get revenge.

LOCATION: Fallout 4 is set in and around Boston and the surrounding countryside.

The downtown area is entirely controlled by "The Institute", a group of techies and scholars, as well as researchers, who devote their lives to technology. The countryside area is a "Wasteland" with small towns and settlements, as well as vaults here and there. Logan International Airport is taken over by the Brotherhood of steel, who are there trying to control the technology, and are currently waging a war against the institute, as they both have disagreements as to who should be in control of the technology in the area.

Meanwhile, Vault 79, located outside of Boston, is under the control by "The Railroad", a group of people dedicated to helping Androids escape the institute.

The map of Fallout 4 is about 3 times the size of Skyrim. The reason for this is to make a much more realistic and interactive world, that players can always find new things, even if they have played it for years after release.

FACTIONS:

• The Railroad returns from Fallout 3, where you only had a small glimpse of it during the "Replicated man" quest. In this game, they are a full faction and are much larger.

• The Brotherhood Of Steel returns and control Logan Airport. This BOS is not the same as seen in Fallout 3. Instead, a similar BOS to the ones seen in the classic Fallout games as well as Fallout New Vegas make an appearance, only caring about technology, and will obtain it by force if they have to.

• The Institute returns from Fallout 3, and is headed by a man named Thomas Littleton. They are the primary antagonists of the game, and control most of Boston Downtown. Their patrols in Downtown Boston are the counterpart in this game to the Super Mutants in Downtown DC in Fallout 3.

• Talon Company also returns, but in a much smaller force. They base operations outside of a bunker located in Downtown Boston.

• Raiders return too.

CREATURES:

• Super Mutants return, in the same form as the ones from Fallout 3, keeping in line with the "East Coast" mutants.

• Feral Ghouls return as well.

• Vicious Dogs return.

• Feral Cats are new, and exclusively located in one of the vaults.

• Spore Carriers return from Fallout New Vegas, and are located in sewers.

RETURNING CHARACTERS:

• Madison Li returns from Fallout 3. 10 years prior to Fallout 4, she left D.C after the Loss of James and having thought she lost the lone wanderer as well. Having had enough, she left to Boston, as it is home to one of the biggest Scientific facilities. Madison will once again be voiced by Jennifer Massey.

• Three Dog returns as well, although he is only heard on the radio, and not seen in person. People believe the radio is not actually live, and that it is simply a looped recording. (Based on the fact that you CAN kill him in Fallout 3.) He is voiced by Erik Todd Dellums.

• Bryan Wilks returns from Fallout 3. Yes, the little boy you saved from Grayditch. He is now 19 years old and is a mercenary, working with Talon Company. He bases his reason as to working with them on "Once someone saved me, and I wanted to be just like them!" He is voiced by Jerry Jewell.

• Other Fallout 3 characters return as well, but only through save transfer (Detailed below).

PLATFORMS:

Fallout 4 will be available for a wide range of platforms after launch. The first version that will be released is being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems. Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim.

Fallout 4 will also be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. This version is also being developed by Bethesda Game Studios, but will release a year after the advanced version. This version runs on the Creation Engine, the same engine that powered Skyrim. This is being done so that PS3/360 users can play the game without problem. Everything will be the same in this version as the advanced version, except for the graphics, gameplay and some additional features.

Also, Fallout 4 on PS3 and Xbox 360, last I knew, was around 20GB+. This means that it will most definitely require install. Also, players of the PS3/360 version will be pleased to know that Fallout 4 will be able to import your Fallout 3 save, and adapt choices you made from that game for Fallout 4. This means that some additional characters could pop up, depending on if you killed them or not in Fallout 3. Also, some story references from Fallout 3 will be mentioned. Did the BOS save the capitol wasteland? Or did it fall? Did Sarah turn on the purifier and die? Or did the lone wanderer do it? It might get mentioned depending on your choices!

DEVELOPERS: Fallout 4 is being developed by Bethesda Game Studios, the same developer behind Fallout 3.

GAMEPLAY:

Fallout 4 plays similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. You can play in Third Person or First Person, or on the PC version, a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games. (Although by my experience, it actually looked and played more like the PS2/Xbox Fallout: Brotherhood of steel.)

Unlike Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, you can only play as a man. This is due to the storyline requiring it. However, after the main story is over, you can have a gender change. BGS did not rule out Females for possible standalone DLC, however.

Additionally, full support for Trophies/Achievements are present on all console versions, and full steamworks support is present for the PC version.

PROGRESS: By my estimate, Fallout 4's PS4/XboxOne/PC version is about 40% complete, while the PS3/Xbox360 version is about 15% complete. Both versions are being developed by BGS.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a "Roadmap" already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:

1. June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
    2. July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
    3. August 2015 - More information
    4. October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
    5. November 2015 - First DLC
    6. December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
    7. January 2016 - Third DLC
    8. March 2016 - Forth DLC
    9. April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
    10. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
    11. October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

PROOF:

As I said, ask about me, but don't ask about this. If you do, it will 100% be denied. Bethesda will not comment on rumors.

PS. I leaked some of the first Fallout 4 info by accident, and it ended up in the hands of Kotaku. Oops.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

I started reading and then realized that I don't want to know any details about the game. I just want to play it.

Also, this is a very mature way to go about dealing with being fired. I sure hope she didn't use her real name as her username, or else she'll be looking for a new job for a long time.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

And Kotaku has denied this. And some of this information was already posted on Kotaku way before this "leak".

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Kotaku punched a lot of holes in her story. These details are probably false.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Even if this hadn't been picked apart as false, I still would have said it was due to one little detail. Save transfers. I don't see any reason why they would do such a thing, and it makes the whole thing sound super fake.

Trenox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

October 2015 is sadly also way too soon.. im guessing mid 2016 if were lucky.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

We will see if these end up being true in just over a week. I do believe it will come out this year though.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By personandstuff

Wait, so they're using a brand new engine for the new consoles. But an old engine for the old system. That does not seem possible without creating them almost entirely separately. Which would probably not be worth it.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll echo what some other people have said about this information elsewhere:

• The game being set in Boston has been a very poorly kept secret, apparently that had been circulating as a semi-confirmed rumor for years.
    • E3 is always in June. A lot of big games are announced at E3, often only with trailers. Bethesda's developer arm hasn't put anything out in a few years. Guessing that a big video game company is going to reveal their next big video game with a trailer at E3 is a pretty low-risk guess.
    • A new engine is not exactly surprising, considering the studio has been more or less dormant since Skyrim.
    • A lot of the factions listed in the leak are referenced elsewhere in the Fallout canon, some specifically as having a presence in Boston.

I'm not saying that this person is lying or anything, just that confirmation of the first and most obvious item on her timeline and some small details about the setting are hardly a confirmation of everything that she said. If something crazy like a last-gen version of the game running in the old engine is actually confirmed, this will actually have a leg to stand on.

applegong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the pre-order has been up almost simultaneously with the release of the trailer, I'd bet the game will be released to coincide with the winter holiday season this year.

I think the game still uses Gamebryo, albeit a heavily modded one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

False or not, all of this Fallout stuff is making me want to try out New Vegas. I enjoyed Fallout 3 but tapered off towards the end. I finished it and did some of the DLC, but stopped on that giant mech one. Had little interest in jumping back in with New Vegas, despite all the glowing sentiment surrounding it.

Maybe I'll grab that instead, and then grab this later when the inevitable bugs and such are squashed out. Though, to be honest, I've never really that many issues with Bethesda games.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tafae said:
    • E3 is always in June. A lot of big games are announced at E3, often only with trailers. Bethesda's developer arm hasn't put anything out in a few years. Guessing that a big video game company is going to reveal their next big video game with a trailer at E3 is a pretty low-risk guess.

While I want to believe because October isn't far away, I know this leak is most likely fake, but I wanted to make a comment on this. Isn't it known that Bethesda doesn't usually have a presence at E3, much like Rockstar? For example, Skyrim, their last game, was announced in December. A lot of people were thinking Fallout 4 would be revealed last December since "Bethesda doesn't announce games at E3."

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it cool to just make a thread saying leaked details without any of it being confirmed or anything?

Trenox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: You should totally do that, FNV is amazing despite the somewhat janky graphical content.

babblerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By babblerock

Can only play a man for story reasons? Cus recording the same dialog with 2 different actors is unheard of. They get rid of the silent protagonist and replace it with this. Talk about 2 steps back. Is he chasing his wife the whole game cus that's the only justification I can think of for removing that feature. I hope these rumors are false only because these iterations seem not at all the jump they should be considering how long ago Fallout 3 was.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@babblerock said:

Can only play a man for story reasons? Cus recording the same dialog with 2 different actors is unheard of. They get rid of the silent protagonist and replace it with this. Talk about 2 steps back. Is he chasing his wife the whole game cus that's the only justification I can think of for removing that feature. I hope these rumors are false only because these iterations seem not at all the jump they should be considering how long ago Fallout 3 was.

It's really not the only justification. The more you leave character choice and creation open, the less control you have over the main character as a story teller. You can compare this to say the Witcher, where we all are Geralt and thus the storyteller can make all sorts of assumptions and play directly with that character. They can guaranteed, for example, draw on your relationship as Ciri's father in that game, or the love triangle you have with Yennifer and Triss. In the Witcher they very clearly play to the fact that you are a Witcher all the time, vs in a Bethesda game where you can be the leader of the assassin's guild and the mage guild and no one gives a shit or notices because the game can't make those assumptions.

If the end result is a better story (that makes my character feel like a real person instead of a lifeless avatar as in other Bethesda games) then that can definitely be a win. And if you can do both in a separate mode, that's nice. I'd hope you can start out in a more free mode as a woman from the start if you really want but I actually really like the sound of this.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to know if they made the shooting better so I don't have to rely on VATS so much.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. Someone who claims to use their real name while openly admitting that they are leaking confidential information as revenge strikes up a huge red flag for me. If you did that you would be totally blacklisted from getting a job in the industry ever again, and I'm not sure who would want to purposely hang their career with a reddit post.

And I very much doubt that Bethesda would throw away all the work they've done on their modified Gamebryo engine.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't at all believe:

1) PS3 & 360 versions.

2) Save transfers for a then probably 8 year old game.

Also details about the character doesn't sound in line with the trailers feature of Vault 111 stuff.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Right off the bat I dislike them wrapping the narrative around a specific character ala Mass Effect Shepard. Hell at least they let you make a female character if you wanted. On that front if this is true is supremely disappointing.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right off the bat I dislike them wrapping the narrative around a specific character ala Mass Effect Shepard. Hell at least they let you make a female character if you wanted. On that front if this is true is supremely disappointing.

Don't worry there's basically no way this is true.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Yeah...I'm just going to close this for now. There is nothing indicating anything this person says is true at this point. It's way too early anyway, let's see what we hear coming out of E3 as far as possible release dates and actual gameplay footage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.