Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

How interested are you in Fallout 4?

• 112 results
    paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How interested are you in Fallout 4? (619 votes)

1. I have zero interest in this title and don't think I will ever play it. 4%
    2. I don't see myself playing this, although may give it a shot based on reception or sale discounts. 6%
    3. Still 50-50 on it. Going to wait for reception/reviews and may wait for sale 13%
    4. I do plan to get it around release, but may change if something drastic happens. 27%
    5. This will be a Day One purchase/I have this preordered. I am on the Hype Tram. 50%

Hello, with the impending release of Fallout 4 I wanted to try and gauge the interest of duders in it. I imagine a lot of people are looking forward to it, but I also see lots of posts where people have other games already locked in as their GOTY. So on a scale of 1-5, how interested are you in Fallout 4?

Elsewhere, the hype tram is real:

No Caption Provided

• 
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ajamafalous

1: I've never liked Bethesda's RPGs

CptKnots94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loved Fallout 3/NV as well as oblivion. Not so hot on Skyrim but pretty optimistic about this.

sudo_melon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Fallout lost some of its spirit in the translation to 3D. I definitely remember loving the art style and humor of the first and second games, and feeling like the later additions to the series were bland in comparison.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zero. Its weird cause I love the elder scrolls games but the fallout ones just seem bad.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

2? 3? I guess? I don't know. I liked Fallout 3 and what little I play of New Vegas, but I still don't really consider myself a fan. I dunno, just the world of Fallout doesn't do much for me so another one of those games doesn't really get me excited. I mean...like...it's weird. I expect F4 to be a great game and I can totally still see myself buying and thoroughly enjoying the GOTY edition on sale a year or two from now, but at this moment in time, I could not possibly care less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fairly excited for it, I still enjoy playing Bethesda games. However, I am going to wait for the GotY/Ultimate/Here's-All-The-DLC edition because I'm no longer interested in playing a Bethesda game until the modding community has had some time to develop.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking the day off work on release day so I can stay home and play all day.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty interested. Sure, I thought New Vegas was way better than F3 and was never able to fully get into Skyrim, but I still have some hope they've learned some things since then. Even at worst it will probably be an okay game and it will be nice to see a Fallout game not running on such a shit engine as last gen.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's the last AAA game I'll be buying for 2015 and I couldn't be more hyped for it. However I'm one of the people that preferred NV over 3 so I'm a little scared it won't live up to my expectations.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny, about a week ago I had almost forgotten Fallout 4 was coming out. Now that I've remember I can not wait to jump into another Fallout game. I'm downloading New Vegas right now just to get back into the spirit of things.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend loves FO and ordered it so it'll be here day one and I'll play it, but I don't care for them too much. Bethesda is my favorite game company, but that's all on the Elder Scrolls side of things. I'm glad it's coming out though, so they can start working on Elder Scrolls 6!

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved Fallout 3, couldn't get into New Vegas for who knows why, loved Skyrim, plan to get Fallout 4, around launch pending some opinions by people like TB, giant bomb etc. Pretty excited for it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#14 fisk0  Moderator

I absolutely loved Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics. Even kinda enjoyed my time with the console exclusive hack 'n slash Brotherhood of Steel, but couldn't really get into Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Just didn't feel like they had the same scope, tone and atmosphere as the original games.

I'll still pick up Fallout 4 at some point, but it's certainly not a day one purchase.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By mike

I'm on the edge. I've played every Fallout game since the beginning, but I have so much other stuff to play right now that I am going to wait a little bit. Primarily to make sure it isn't a buggy mess on release, but also because I can probably save a great deal of money if I wait just a little bit.

I will certainly play Fallout 4 eventually, it's only a matter of how soon after release I end up buying it.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm around a 3 to a 4 Hype.

I do plan to get it shortly after release, but even more so, after they patch the crap out of it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I will absolutely pick it up this year but I am going to be pretty busy with Halo 5 so it will be end of November before I grab it on PC.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've probably not been this excited for a game since Final Fantasy X.

I can't wait.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Moonshadow101

Fallout: New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever. I realize that Obsidian isn't on this, but I have to hope that some kind of osmosis has taught Bethesda a few things about worldbuilding and character work. It's definitely a day-one game for me.

At some point between FO:3 and FO:NV I picked up the first two fallout games on GoG and blazed through them. I found them to be pretty fun, but I can't really appreciate them on the same level as the people who grew up with them. The charm and atmosphere that people claim those games possess... I just didn't see that in the way some people claim to. I suppose it's a time thing.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its close to zero. I played some of 3 but never totally got into it.

in sying that im a fucking sucker for hyper after a game comes out so who knows evdentually.

80 dollars games helps curb that though.

I am interested to see the reaction to the game post release though. the hype from the internet is at peak levels so it will be interesting (sorry @austin_walker)

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Technician

I'll probably pick it up in November and I look forward to playing it Summer 2016.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on what kinds of crazy mods people come up with and whether or not Valve will try that crappy monetization scheme again. Bethesda games on their own have usually been boring for me outside of a couple quest-lines/robbing everyone for miles around.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2, I guess. I'm not really interested or hyped but if the game turns out to be something really special I might give it a go at some point.

Really though I wasn't all that big of a fan of Fallout 3, so w/e.

SaltyKind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks absolutely fantastic. If I can afford it, I'll be picking it up day one. I'm really excited to see what Bethesda has done with their formula to modernize it (even more) and some of the changes I've read about are pointing in the right direction.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#25 FinalDasa  Moderator

There's enough around this title that I'm really curious about that I kinda just want to see it all from day 1.

Between all the announced systems they've added and the console mod support it all has me convinced that I want to be there for it.

I'm hoping that it turns out good and I won't be stepping into another Halo: Master Chief Collection type debacle where only parts of the game are working. Knowing Bethesda's track record there will be bugs but it'll still be worth it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but this one seems to have gone from announcement to release in no time at all and with a surprising lack of fanfare?

I love a bit of Bethesda so I'm looking forward to it, but something feels a little off. This feels like just another game coming out when it should be being treated like the big release of the year after how huge Skyrim was.

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games of the last generation, so I am pretty hyped for this. Witcher 3 is definitely my GOTY as of now, but Fallout 4 has a chance to unseat it for sure.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I feel like Fallout lost some of its spirit in the translation to 3D. I definitely remember loving the art style and humor of the first and second games, and feeling like the later additions to the series were bland in comparison.

^ This. Also I don't like how Bethesda chooses well known cities as the settings. Fallout was really good at being the "strange new world," even though it technically took place in Southern California. Fallout 3 fell into the trap of being a tour of well-known monuments as opposed to being anything new and cool. I'm worried that Fallout 4 is headed the same way. The previews seem to be leaning heavily on the whole "post-apocalyptic Fenway Park" and "post-apocalyptic Bunker Hill" and "post-apocalyptic Boston Commons" thing.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to try and keep my excitement in check and wait for general reception a month or so after release when the initial fanboy hype quiets down a little and the reactions become a bit more genuine. I think Fallout 3 was a good game in its time, but New Vegas blew it out of the water in every way (y'know, after it got all the bug fixes). I hoped that Bethesda would shape up their writing department after that game, or even just make some compelling gameplay/systems, but Skyrim crushed that hope immediately and now I don't trust that they'll put out the Fallout 4 I want (I just want New Vegas 2, basically).

I also want to wait and see on the performance end of things, obviously. Skyrim got away with it, but I sort of wonder if they could release a buggy/unstable game after the last few years of broken games and not get ripped to shreds for it (who am I kidding, this game is going to get straight 9's across the board no matter what).

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Bethesda puts out broken games....not really looking forward to a glitchy train wreck.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot: 6. Going to wait a year for the complete/GOTY release, because why not?

I'm actually a bit worried about FO4 trying to be all things to all people. Once I saw the material collection/building part I started to get a little nervous.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Between still needing to beat 3 & NV and the trend of Bethesda games having some issues for a little bit after release, I'll probably end up waiting for the GOTY edition with all the DLC like I have with 3 and NV. I enjoy the games but not nearly enough that I HAVE to play them near release when the internet is buzzing about them. Plus, there's a backlog of games I have to get through.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Fallout 1 is among my favourite games, so the series does have a special place in my heart, but Fallout 3 is very rough. I'm definitely interested in playing Fallout 4 at some point though - probably after the inevitable "GOTY edition" is released...

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

excitement level at 12/10

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most anticipated game for the last few years. Cannot wait.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counting down the days, I bought Mad Max a few days ago to have a wasteland that might keep me busy until then.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only plan to buy two games this holiday. Fallout 4 is one of them.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. I find Bethesda's games bland, crummy and too open for their own good. I like them more as a publisher than as a dev.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Pretty much done with story based games. Or games in which you run around as a humanoid to primarily kill things.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried getting into Fallout 3 and NV but neither grabbed me, despite loving Oblivion. Then Skyrim came along and has pretty much killed any enthusiasm for Fallout or Elder Scrolls games. I'll maybe give it a shot if reviews are through the roof but Skyrim was such a disappointment I don't think I'll be into it.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for 5 but I'm probably not gonna be able to buy it day one. I will be buying it sooner than I usually do for games on Steam.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Literally the only game l will buy day one. Usually wait on reviews but l'm extremely positive with everything l have seen so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for "I don't own any current generation consoles and my PC is garbage so I will have to wait an undetermined length of time to play this game."

Also waiting until the GOTY version because screw season passes and they're obscene price to promise ration.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited for it, but still going to hold off. Very rare that I buy a game on or even near release save for the Mortal Kombats, GTAs, Metal Gears, etc. I was excited for Dying Light as well, and just bought it this week, for example. Never felt that need to be in the zeitgeist when it comes to Fallout games.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the option for "I don't own any current generation consoles and my PC is garbage so I will have to wait an undetermined length of time to play this game."

Also waiting until the GOTY version because screw season passes and they're obscene price to promise ration.

Basically my exact thoughts as well

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the series,but agree with lawgamer and sudomelon a bit, tho. Fallout was a better game in its time than Fallout 3 was. Still excited and buying day one. Will probably play through it once initially, and once again after all DLC/mods come out. Just played the Fallout 3 DLC "The Point"...actually.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless it's totally broken I'll likely get it sometime in December or January

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games. I haven't played New Vegas yet and I haven't seen anything from Fallout 4 that makes me want to skip ahead to it instead. The only thing that has made me excited for Fallout 4 over past iterations is the base building and that's not something that makes me want it any more; it's just a cool thing.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FrostyRyan

I have both console versions of the pip boy edition pre-ordered because I can't decide which one I'll ultimately get. Fallout 3 was the cause of many sleepless nights as a teenager. It's by far one of my favorite games of last generation.

Not excited at all, of course

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm really hyped for it but I dont know whether i'll play it around release since I want to get it for PC, and despite having the money to dish out for a new rig there are other things I might want to spend it on. I also bought Xenoblade Chronicles in preperations for X and Yakuza 5 comes out around that time too. So yeah, i'm set for the year regardless. Good times!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.