Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 4

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

The Fallout series continues in a post-apocalyptic Boston, Massachusetts.

The Effects of Voiced Protagonists on Quest Mods

Avatar image for lelovelysuccubus
    LeLovelySuccubus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LeLovelySuccubus

One of the first things I realized about having a Voiced protagonist is that when the modding community begins their work on dishing out new content on the PC landscape (And now even the Xbone as-well), then what will be the work around when doing quest mods. With a fully voiced protagonist, we can't really create quest mods with its own voiced dialog from the pro-tags perspective unless a mod maker can find someones voice as close to the voices of the characters. Or of course, just leave them voiceless and let the player use their imagination.

What are your thoughts on this?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Over in Skyrim there are already a lot of new quest mods that involve existing NPCs. For those sequences, the often just go text-only through the added parts. It's a little distracting, but you get used to it. The better mods will add their own voiced NPCs to fill in the blank parts. Of course, you can't do that with the MC unless the creator comes up with some reason why the player sounds different. I haven't seen enough of the single-player game footage to tell how chatty the MC is to begin with. If they don't really have that much to say anyway, it might not make much of a difference.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indifference. I'd rather they leave protag dialogue silent than attempt to replicate it, though.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just leave them silent, or use text? It's happened before in modded games with voiced characters.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco
    @corvak said:

Just leave them silent, or use text? It's happened before in modded games with voiced characters.

Yeah, I'm missing the problem here.

Also, PS4 is getting the PC mods as well, just later than XB1. Oh, and why is "Protag." hyphenated?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow: Hyphenating words that don't need it is a common mistake. The OP even hyphenated "as-well" for some reason. I usually fix stuff like this when I see it in thread titles. (fixed)

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 38

Just splice audio clips together like how South Park did it when Chef left.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.