Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Best mods/compatible mods?

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By salad10203

I just got the game on Steam and want to get some mods to: make it look better, enhance the game play.   

After looking through Nexus and some forums, it wasn't very clear which mods were compatible and sometimes what the mods did at all.  I would like to keep the amount of mods to a minimum.  All I want to do is get some good graphic mods, bug fixes, and any game play mods that really enhance the game (rather than change it, as this is my first play through.) 

Any help would be great, thanks.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aronman789
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By beforet

If this is your first playthrough, then I would suggest to go without mods (beyond patches, cause this game is kind of broken). Modding is best done on subsequent playthroughs, when you have an idea about what elements you hate.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aronman789
    That's all I got.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrock

@Beforet said:

If this is your first playthrough, then I would suggest to go without mods (beyond patches, cause this game is kind of broken). Modding is best done on subsequent playthroughs, when you have an idea about what elements you hate.

Fan patches or just official stuff?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

@Beforet said:

I agree with this.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By beforet

@Barrock said:

@Beforet said:

Fan patches or just official stuff?

Any fan patch titled "Unofficial Fallout New Vegas" or similar you should download. Those tend to be huge bugfixes. Otherwise I can't help, I never really got started with NV. And install Fallout Mod Manager. You're not installing any big mods yet, but it should make installing those fan patches easier.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Barrock

Is there a specific Unofficial Fallout New Vegas fan patch? Not sure if there's one on Falloutnexus or not?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

A sprint mod? Wow. That's all I've ever needed in Fallout. BRILLIANT!!!

I'm not even being sarcastic. Since there's no vehicles, I would LOVE to be able to run.

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pabsi9

Down load smoke mod...100,000 caps , can level everything to 100 & u get the alien blaster

kylekrueger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kylekrueger

requiem from the capital wasteland which merges New Vegas and the Capital wasteland from Fallout 3 into one game 

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gike987

You should probably wait until the July 19 patch. It's supposed to be a pretty large patch and it will probably break some mods before the mod authors update their mods. If you still want to play I would suggest you to only install graphic enhancing mods for your first playthrough. Avoid large gameplay altering mods like Project Nevada.
    Poco Bueno is probably the only mod I would use for my first playthrough. EVE too but it's pretty new so you should probably wait a couple of updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.