Dead money coming up free on marketplace...hit it up while it las

#1 Posted by SUPER_STANO (45 posts) -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fallout-New-Vegas-Dead-Money/4325af40-d19c-4c35-86c4-9721f7da0589?cid=SLink

just went online to queue it up and its saying its free. wont last long, hit it up.

#2 Posted by Baillie (4173 posts) -
@GrimmusTheFatCat: Nice catch dude, even though I don't have the game I queued it up.  
#3 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

Yeah i just got it for the price of on the house good times

#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

Seems to work only for US accounts/IPs :(

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@GrimmusTheFatCat said:
"  http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fallout-New-Vegas-Dead-Money/4325af40-d19c-4c35-86c4-9721f7da0589?cid=SLink  just went online to queue it up and its saying its free. wont last long, hit it up. "
Nabbed. Gotta love these mistakes MS makes. 
#6 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

Free DLC get!

#7 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
" Seems to work only for US accounts/IPs :( "
yeah, bummer.
#8 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -

says my console doesnt have the lastest update, so no dice

from canada

#9 Posted by SlowHands (347 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:
" Seems to work only for US accounts/IPs :( "
Not just for US though, it seems.  I'm in Ireland and it was free for me.  [Sorry to be a dick]
#10 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
@fRAWRst said:
" says my console doesnt have the lastest update, so no dice  from canada "
Well you can still click on it, so it's purchased and you don't have to spend points on it. 

Just download it later.
#11 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I don't even have the game and I downloaded this. Cool beans. 

Now I need the game.

#12 Posted by captroy (30 posts) -

I noticed this, too. I have no clue as to why they mess up pricing so often. You wouldn't think it's THAT complicated.  

Merry Christmas to us, I guess! Thank you Santa Ballmer!

#13 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

Nice. I sent my friends the link. I got Fable 2 for free not that long ago, and I'd get this if I had New Vegas.

#14 Posted by Fogh (156 posts) -

Downloading now in Denmark. I just followed the link, signed in and "purchased" for free. Thanks alot. Now I just hope there will be a certain something under the tree for me on friday.

#15 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@captroy said:
" I noticed this, too. I have no clue as to why they mess up pricing so often. You wouldn't think it's THAT complicated.   Merry Christmas to us, I guess! Thank you Santa Ballmer! "
Maybe its free for now because its filled with bugs and glitches? 
#16 Posted by wwfundertaker (1403 posts) -

Great find. Need to buy the game now.

#17 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Ah yes, reminds me of the time when all the pre-order bonuses for Mass Effect 2 and whatnot were listed as free on the Marketplace.  Good times.  This is no different, however, I do not have a console copy of this game.

#18 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

sort of feel scummy for doing thing...but its microsoft. so i dont really feel THAT bad for taking money.

#19 Posted by Weesh (58 posts) -

Worked and Downloaded fine for me and i'm in the UK. Just followed the link.

#20 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@captroy said:
" I noticed this, too. I have no clue as to why they mess up pricing so often. You wouldn't think it's THAT complicated.   Merry Christmas to us, I guess! Thank you Santa Ballmer! "
It happens so much cause its not actually a mistake....
#21 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@CoheedFavorHouse said:
" sort of feel scummy for doing thing...but its microsoft. so i dont really feel THAT bad for taking money. "
Why? They are a multi BILLION Dollar corp. Im pretty sure Bill gates uses 100 dollar bills as toilet paper. 
#22 Posted by Crono11 (1649 posts) -

I already bought it.....*sigh*

#23 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

I keep getting an error message. Dammit.

#24 Posted by Droop (1870 posts) -

Seemed to work for me too! (Denmark)

#25 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -

aww.. I guess they fixed it.. or I'm just really unlucky.

#26 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@Terry_Bogard said:
" aww.. I guess they fixed it.. or I'm just really unlucky. "
yup it's fixed 

glad i got mine for free first though
#27 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Doesn't seem to work anymore.

#28 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

Great, now I accidentally paid for the damn thing. I guess that's what I get for trying to steal it. Hopefully it's worth the money.

#29 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

It's sort of fixed....shows up as Free on the Fallout NV page, but when I queue it up there's a price attached to the transaction.

#30 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" @captroy said:
It happens so much cause its not actually a mistake.... "
what do you mean?
#31 Posted by Terry_Bogard (303 posts) -
@nail1080: =[ Yup, the price is back up to 800 points. Anyway, not a huge deal to me because I don't own New Vegas. Still wish I could of nabbed it for later though.
#32 Posted by wubb (277 posts) -

Missed it.  Bummer!

#33 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" @captroy said:
what do you mean? "
Top Men.
#34 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -
@Doctorchimp:  on my xbox is stills listed as 800 points, and this was after i clicked it. will it still be free?
#35 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" @captroy said:
what do you mean? "
Top Men. "
huh?
#36 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" @captroy said:
what do you mean? "
Top Men. "
huh? "
TOP MEN! 
#37 Posted by AlisterCat (5568 posts) -

It's gone now. 800 points.

#38 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" @captroy said:
what do you mean? "
Top Men. "
huh? "
TOP MEN!  "
hmmm?
#39 Posted by mano521 (1224 posts) -

NOOOOO I MISSED OUT 

o well

#40 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Missed by a few minutes. Coffee.

#41 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Top men, Snip, Top men, hmmm...etc...etc 
What I meant is that it happens way to often and they are way to convient for it to be a mistake, this is microsoft they are a software development company so they know what they are doing, and I'm pretty sure they do this stuff in a test before they release it to the public. 

todate I have gotten loads of stuff free through such ""mistakes"" 
Operation anchorage on FO3, Dead money FONV, Every single last bit of pre order DLC for Mass Effect 2 and thats just off the top of my head I know i've gotten other stuff from ""mistakes"" 
So it stands to reason its not actually a mistake its a marketing tool asmall one they use hey release that stuff as free for a few hours if someone finds it then let it slide, I mean really Microsoft has the capability to track who downloaded it when it was free and or just kill the licenses for that content that was downloaded between those hours...but they never have...

#42 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" Top men, Snip, Top men, hmmm...etc...etc What I meant is that it happens way to often and they are way to convient for it to be a mistake, this is microsoft they are great at softare development and I'm pretty sure they do this stuff in a test before they release it to the public.  todate I have gotten loads of stuff free through such ""mistakes"" Operation anchorage on FO3, Dead money FONV, Every single last bit of pre order DLC for Mass Effect 2 and thats just off the top of my head I know i've gotten other stuff from ""mistakes"" So it stands to reason its not actually a mistake its a marketing tool asmall one they use hey release that stuff as free for a few hours if someone finds it then let it slide, I mean really Microsoft has the capability to track who downloaded it when it was free and or just kill the licenses for that content that was downloaded between those hours...but they never have... "
I do not think they are legally allowed to. At the store if a item is priced lower then its supposed to we have to give it to them. Other wise I think its seen as Bait and switch. Once a person grabs the item it is legally theirs. 
#43 Posted by shady520 (6 posts) -
@crono11 said:
" I already bought it.....*sigh* "
Same here, it was one of the first things I did that morning.
#44 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"@WilliamRLBaker said:
"                      Top men, Snip, Top men, hmmm...etc...etc What I meant is that it happens way to often and they are way to convient for it to be a mistake, this is microsoft they are great at softare development and I'm pretty sure they do this stuff in a test before they release it to the public.  todate I have gotten loads of stuff free through such ""mistakes"" Operation anchorage on FO3, Dead money FONV, Every single last bit of pre order DLC for Mass Effect 2 and thats just off the top of my head I know i've gotten other stuff from ""mistakes"" So it stands to reason its not actually a mistake its a marketing tool asmall one they use hey release that stuff as free for a few hours if someone finds it then let it slide, I mean really Microsoft has the capability to track who downloaded it when it was free and or just kill the licenses for that content that was downloaded between those hours...but they never have...                                        "
I do not think they are legally allowed to. At the store if a item is priced lower then its supposed to we have to give it to them. Other wise I think its seen as Bait and switch. Once a person grabs the item it is legally theirs. 

"

It wouldn't be bait and switch because bait and switch would mean you thought you were gonna get it free or for a price but in the end you paid.  but I guess you have a point...it just seems way to convenient.
#45 Posted by DoctorScribbler (17 posts) -

Damn, I missed this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.