Dead Money is here!

#1 Posted by isles (232 posts) -

Or at least on the UK marketplace it is. 

Any expectations? I literally just fnished New Vegas and I think the trailer looks fantastic so I cannot wait to play it.

#2 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

I need someone to bug test it before i purchase it. I dont risk to have my saves corrupted or some shit like that again. But im excited about this DLC though.

#3 Posted by isles (232 posts) -

Just completely froze on me. 

As good as it was getting, I can't help just throwing my controller at the wall and demanding a refund. That should never happen..

#4 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Not for the PC :(

#5 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

I hate it.

#6 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
"I hate it.

"

Care to elaborate?
#7 Posted by SepticShock (42 posts) -

I'm right near the end of New Vegas. Not sure if I should Download and play through Dead Money before, or after finishing the main story.

#8 Posted by SpaceDandie (256 posts) -

Definitely interested, but I'm a little burnt out on New Vegas after putting 40 hours into it, need to let it settle for a while.

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@isles said:
" Just completely froze on me. 

As good as it was getting, I can't help just throwing my controller at the wall and demanding a refund. That should never happen.. "
Did you learn NOTHING from the Fallout 3 Dlc? 
#10 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -
@FritzDude said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:
"I hate it.

"
Care to elaborate? "
Area is very boring and lackluster.
#11 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor:
Can you use the companions for the new DLC to the original game? or will they just leave your party when you leave the new area? Also are there any new perks? If so, will they be added to the original game aswell? If everything can be imported over to New Vegas, i really dont care how bad the area or story etc are.
#12 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -
@FritzDude said:
" @JustTheDoctor: Can you use the companions for the new DLC to the original game? or will they just leave your party when you leave the new area? Also are there any new perks? If so, will they be added to the original game aswell? If everything can be imported over to New Vegas, i really dont care how bad the area or story etc are. "
Nope, can't bring your companions with. You get three new companions to use through the DLC anyway. Yes to the perks questions.

The story is good, the characters are very interesting. But the area is so annoying for many reasons.
#13 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -
#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Already? I'm so behind on games. Man, I still need to finish Fallout 3. I'm still sticking with my projected statement from earlier in the year. I may never finish it.

#15 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

I got it for free, so I don't know if I'm in any position to complain about it's quality.

#16 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Just finished it a few hours ago.

Wow, it pretty much tells you flat out where we're going in the next DLC.

#17 Edited by ClamFTW (42 posts) -

My $0.02 ...

The DLC is worth playing if you are near the end of the main campaign, if only for the +5 level cap which provides incentive for running more quests.  Even though the DLC suggests level 20 as you are about to enter it, I would highly recommend level 30, as it is bullshit hard.  I'm playing it on Normal and Hardcore and I'm about to tone down the difficulty after ]my first engagement with a pack of those fucking things absolutely destroyed me.  As always the writing and plot is the best part about the content - some of the "twists" they drop on you in terms of gameplay are downright annoying.

#18 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I got New Vegas at launch. 

I'm yet to start playing it. 

Strange considering Fallout 3 is my favourite game of this gen. I just have zero motivation to play New Vegas.

#19 Posted by ClamFTW (42 posts) -

Jesus God and All That is Holy I CANNOT STAND THESE DUDES WANDERING AROUND THROWING SPEARS AT ME AND TAKING 15 SHOTS TO KILL.

#20 Edited by TheLawnWrangler (1657 posts) -
@ClamFTW said:

" Jesus God and All That is Holy I CANNOT STAND THESE DUDES WANDERING AROUND THROWING SPEARS AT ME AND TAKING 15 SHOTS TO KILL. "

yeah, Dead Money is pretty hard. The gameplay mix with stealth and running to "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE *insert shitty villa area here*" ideals isn't the best thing ever. The strong point is definitely the writing and voice acting; amazing stuff!

@ClamFTW said:
" My $0.02 ...  The DLC is worth playing if you are near the end of the main campaign, if only for the +5 level cap which provides incentive for running more quests.  Even though the DLC suggests level 20 as you are about to enter it, I would highly recommend level 30, as it is bullshit hard.  I'm playing it on Normal and Hardcore and I'm about to tone down the difficulty after ]my first engagement with a pack of those fucking things absolutely destroyed me.  As always the writing and plot is the best part about the content - some of the "twists" they drop on you in terms of gameplay are downright annoying. "
fucking agreed, now I have to worry about stereos, radios, traps, holograms, the cloud, and these ghost assholes? it's cool, i'll use my holorif- oh wait, there's no fucking ammo for this thing anywhere.
#21 Posted by INV2 (260 posts) -
@ClamFTW: Agreed, you should be at like level 28 or higher. Level 20...get real. LOL
#22 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I went in at level 24 with most of the main game done and I've been having a blast so far. I've only just recruited God, so I'm guessing it gets harder.

#23 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@TrippinBungalow said:
" I got it for free, so I don't know if I'm in any position to complain about it's quality. "
I've got a free fart for your oatmeal then. Can't complain.
#24 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @TrippinBungalow said:
" I got it for free, so I don't know if I'm in any position to complain about it's quality. "
I've got a free fart for your oatmeal then. Can't complain. "
Yum!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.