Fallout New Vegas: GOTY edition?

#1 Posted by RickJames123 (54 posts) -

I've been playing Fallout since #2, and with the addition of 3 made me want to give New Vegas a shot, of which I unfortunately did. Being I did it around launch time, it was buggy, glitchy, laggy and froze like a mother fucker. Thus, I traded it in for some petty amount of cash, of which I regret. So, with the additions of 3-4 new DLC, and hopefully a patch for the broken-ness, I was thinking about picking it up to re-experience it AKA give it a shot, since I've played the living hell out of Fallout 3. So granted, will there be a Game of the Year edition around the corner? Because 1, it typically saves money and 2 is a much more...fixed version (Ex: Fallout 3).

So just wondering, will there be a GOTY edition?

Much Obliged

#2 Posted by Redbullet685 (6068 posts) -

Nothing has been announced but I'm guessing there will be since Fallout 3 and Oblivion had one.

#3 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

going by fallout 3 and oblivion most likely

#4 Posted by Aequilibrium (4 posts) -

Would be the best choice for them. Also makes sense with what they did with Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Morrowind.

#5 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

Do they make GOTY editions for games that didn't win GOTY?

#6 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Will anyone even give it a GOTY award?

#7 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Nevermind, it didn't even come out this year. :/

#8 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

I'm sure at any rate what he meant was a game like Fallout 3 that will include all of the DLC in one package.

And with what I believe is now the final New Vegas DLC out there, I'm sure they'll offer it all together as a package deal eventually.

#9 Edited by avidwriter (667 posts) -

Def will have one. However prob 1 more DLC or have they not said how many?

EDIT : It will have a "complete" or "ultimate" or etc pack with all DLC at some point. I'm sure of it.

#10 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

I was pretty sure that Lonesome Road was to be the last but I could be wrong I guess.

#11 Posted by MrMazz (1036 posts) -

Id guess so but its 20 bucks at gamestop atm buying it now and the dlc should come out to the same just about

#12 Posted by siaynoq (86 posts) -

Yeah there are four DLC's (not counting the minor weapon and stash ones) that are 10 dollars each.

#13 Posted by weavminas (84 posts) -

New Vegas Ultimate Edition has been announced. It is releasing Feb 7, 2012 for $49.99 PS3/Xbox and $39.99 on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.