Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Hearing Voices

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

This game is fantastic if you appreciate hearing video game voice actors pop up across several games.

So far I've been able to pull these voices...

Yuri Lowenthal (Yosuke from Persona 4, the Prince of Persia) can be heard constantly, voicing many characters.  You can find him as Fitz at the Grub n' Gulp outside of New Vegas.  He's also the lottery guy from Nipton.  And basically any male character with a tenor voice.

Liam O'Brien (Akihiko from Persona 3, War from Darksiders) is many of the rougher male voices, including half of the NCR.  He also voices Boone, the sniper from Novac.  It just makes me think that he's been waiting for this, let's go!

Laura Bailey (Rise from Persona 4, Chun-Li in SFIV) is many female voices, but most notably Dr. Usanagi at the New Vegas Clinic.  She uses her squeakier voice on Usanagi, so it's easier to place her.

In Vault 11, you find a holotape at the very beginning depicting a conversation between Steve Blum (Oghren from Dragon Age, any deep voiced character you meet ever) and three versions of Peter Renaday (Duncan from Dragon Age).  It's schizophrenic as it sounds.

And finally, when I was about to enter the strip I was approached by an elderly black man named Old Ben.  It was at about the time he was talking about how he used to have sex for money that I got the distinctive whiff of Sir Nolan North.  I am almost positive that it's him using the lower range of his voice, sort of his anti-Deadpool voice.  Can someone else take a listen and confirm it?

I'm also pretty sure I've heard Cree Summer on a lot of the lady characters.  Either that or I want to find out who has the raspy female voice, because I dig it.  It's real ring-a-ding.

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dustpan
    Liam O'Brien doesn't voice Boone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JustTheDoctor said:
    " Liam O'Brien doesn't voice Boone. "
    Really?  Sounded a lot like him doing a lower voice than what he uses for most of the males.   Either way, that guy is everywhere.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Kyreo

I thought you meant like you were hearing voices out in the wastes.  CUZ I sure am... every now and then there will be this spooky, kinda mumbled laugh... usually at night. 

Anybody else get this?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Kyreo:  Yeah, I gotta say I'm not crazy about the sounds I hear. I hear gunshots in the distance pretty regularly, which is cool, but I've never actually seen anyone shooting. I'm hoping they didn't just throw that sound in there for the heck of it, and that what I'm hearing is actually happening out there somewhere. Then there's the hissing of snakes that I hear all the time, which seems appropriate, except for the fact that I haven't seen a single snake in the game.
    zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zegolf

According to the Fallout Wiki, Boone is actually voiced by James Marsden.  Cyclops. 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/James_Marsden    

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DrPockets000
    @Kyreo said:
    " I thought you meant like you were hearing voices out in the wastes.  CUZ I sure am... every now and then there will be this spooky, kinda mumbled laugh... usually at night.  Anybody else get this? "
    Yeah, I hear weird sounds all the time.  I hear rustling noises a lot, which causes me to panic and start looking around frantically for one of those Giant Radscorpions.
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Gilsham

@TheGreatGuero there are those night stalkers which seam to be a cross of rattle snake and coyote 

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kyreo
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @Kyreo:  Yeah, I gotta say I'm not crazy about the sounds I hear. I hear gunshots in the distance pretty regularly, which is cool, but I've never actually seen anyone shooting. I'm hoping they didn't just throw that sound in there for the heck of it, and that what I'm hearing is actually happening out there somewhere. Then there's the hissing of snakes that I hear all the time, which seems appropriate, except for the fact that I haven't seen a single snake in the game. "
    well I think, unfortunately, they're just ambient sounds.  In Gomorah, you can hear vivid sounds of sex and in Freeside East you can hear women getting raped and in both situations you will never find the sources of those sounds (because the game would be rated AO) and I assume the voices and gunshots are also ambient sounds.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @TheGreatGuero:@Kyreo:  
    When you hear gunshots that is actually dudes having a shootout, you are just not seeing them behind some obstacle or hill most likely.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Raymayne
    @Kyreo said: 
    well I think, unfortunately, they're just ambient sounds.  In Gomorah, you can hear vivid sounds of sex and in Freeside East you can hear women getting raped and in both situations you will never find the sources of those sounds (because the Gamebryo engine isn't capable of showing such complex animations) and I assume the voices and gunshots are also ambient sounds. "
    Fixed.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kyreo
    @Raymayne said:
    " @Kyreo said: 
    well I think, unfortunately, they're just ambient sounds.  In Gomorah, you can hear vivid sounds of sex and in Freeside East you can hear women getting raped and in both situations you will never find the sources of those sounds (because the Gamebryo engine isn't capable of showing such complex animations) and I assume the voices and gunshots are also ambient sounds. "
    Fixed. "
    This is also true.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Kyreo: No it isn't ~_^ link above.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kyreo
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @Kyreo: No it isn't ~_^ link above. "
    whoa... what kinda shit are we talking about here?  I won't be able to use this patch but... I still wanna know what it reveals.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Kyreo said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

whoa... what kinda shit are we talking about here?  I won't be able to use this patch but... I still wanna know what it reveals. "
    Here's an excerpt from the description:

Positions/Styles: As a normal player...
    Females on males: Multiple positions/styles.
    Females on females: Multiple position/styles. (There's a usable strap-on for lesbian fun)
    Males on females: Multiple positions/styles.
    Males on males: Multiple positions/styles (This option can be Disabled in menu).
    Over 30 total animations.

I always feel the need to take a shower after I've been browsing the Nexus sites for awhile.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kyreo
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " @Kyreo said:

" @Tennmuerti said:

whoa... what kinda shit are we talking about here?  I won't be able to use this patch but... I still wanna know what it reveals. "
    Here's an excerpt from the description:

Positions/Styles: As a normal player...
    Females on males: Multiple positions/styles.
    Females on females: Multiple position/styles. (There's a usable strap-on for lesbian fun)
    Males on females: Multiple positions/styles.
    Males on males: Multiple positions/styles (This option can be Disabled in menu).
    Over 30 total animations.

I always feel the need to take a shower after I've been browsing the Nexus sites for awhile. "
    Huh... That's.... kinda.... serious.  Are these Mods or what?
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Kyreo:  Yeah, they're dead serious. That mod, Animated Prostitution is currently number 12 on the top 100, with close to 500.000 downloads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More importantly, fellows.  Nolan North.  Old Ben.  North Gate leading to the Strip.  Ye or nay?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.