Honest Hearts brings Fallout back to form!!

#1 Posted by DrMcKittrick (264 posts) -

This content is what the game needed.  Get it.

#2 Posted by vaiz (3064 posts) -

A compelling and in depth argument.

#3 Posted by themangalist (1869 posts) -

I can't believe how indifferent i am about any dlc content for NV. T'is coming from someone who bought and enjoyed every piece of dlc content for FO3. It's a great game don't get me wrong, i just don't know why they sound totally uninteresting to me.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
#4 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (776 posts) -

So long as it addresses some of the bugs that plagued the original game and is a enjoyable DLC addition that helps bolster the Fallout: New Vegas story, then I will look into it. Just need the PSN store to catch up on updates so I can get it (along with Dead Money).

#5 Posted by Dustpan (1781 posts) -

About 10 minutes into the DLC a important character fell inside of a boulder, I had to load a save.

#6 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1389 posts) -

Not until the game is a little more fixed.
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -

Do you get better party members.

That is the part I miss from Fallout 3.

Good party members.

I don't think I even remember anyone from New Vegas except Boone and whatever that gay guys name was.

#8 Posted by Venatio (4719 posts) -

It's out already?

#9 Posted by HatKing (7268 posts) -
@DrMcKittrick said:
Oh, so the DLC removes all the glitches, the game crashes, save file bugs, and updates the engine to look like something modern?

Seriously, New Vegas wasn't bad because the story or the characters were poorly done; New Vegas was bad because it only barely worked.  I rushed to the ending of the game because I was fucking sick of reloading saves after game crashes.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
#10 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6500 posts) -

I read the IGN review and it seems like something I'd want to play. I might wait a little while longer to see what other people think before i buy it, as Dead Money was an impulse buy for me and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD DID THAT DLC SUCK BIG BLACK ELEPHANT DICKS.

#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7811 posts) -

This DLC really likes to throw random assortments of enemies at you. They aren't difficult but seeing a mantis, scorpion, and cicada (or whatever those orange flying things are) at once is surprising. And the fact that enemies seem to spawn out of nowhere is unusual but it keeps you on your toes. I've a level 35 sniper/stealth-based character so crouching suppresses any ambushes that could have been so that isn't much of a problem for me.

And for some reason, on the PC version, this DLC runs surprisingly better than when in the main game, in New Vegas. I get maybe a 10 fps increase indoors and outdoors.
#12 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -

I was digging it till after only a short time I was on the last quest... It's really short, and most of the time its you running from one end to the next. Or trying to figure out how to get to some place.
#13 Posted by DriveupLife (1173 posts) -

The DLC is pretty short

#14 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -
@HatKing said:
@DrMcKittrick said:
Oh, so the DLC removes all the glitches, the game crashes, save file bugs, and updates the engine to look like something modern?

Seriously, New Vegas wasn't bad because the story or the characters were poorly done; New Vegas was bad because it only barely worked.  I rushed to the ending of the game because I was fucking sick of reloading saves after game crashes.
You know the major bugs and crashes were fixed a loooong time ago via a major patch.
#15 Posted by pweidman (2589 posts) -

Yeah if you don't mind dropping all followers, and 2/3 of your inventory, for some silly weight restriction before entry to Zion.  Correct? This is offputting for me, not even considering all the problems w/FO:NV, post patch. Don't think I can go back, and I played 4/5 of the FO3 DLC, which was mostly great.
#16 Posted by HatKing (7268 posts) -
@CL60 said:
@HatKing said:
@DrMcKittrick said:

You know the major bugs and crashes were fixed a loooong time ago via a major patch.
Then I'd hate to have played that game with the major bugs and crashes.  I bought it only a month ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.