How do I read Magazines?

#1 Posted by zanshin (148 posts) -

Well, I just started this game this morning and I found out that reading magazines temporally increases my stats. I need to do that to complete some objectives of a quest. The problem is, when I go to m Pip_boy and choose Items, then Aid, I click on the magazine title, and it disappears, but my stats do not improve.

How do I read magazines?

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Double-click on it?

#3 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

The effects do not stack when reading several magazines of the same type. Maybe that's the problem.

#4 Posted by zanshin (148 posts) -

Thanks for your replies, but actually, I am trying to read my first magazine, so it's not a matter of stacking. Also, I am clicking on the magazine twice, and then the magazine disaapears from the list, but I don't get a stat boost that I should.

#5 Posted by zanshin (148 posts) -

Thanks again for your help. I finally figured it out. I was doing it right, but I didn't realize the stat I wanted to upgrade was already very low, so after I read the magazine, that figure for the stat I saw was already improved, but still too low to accomplish the quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.