Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

I made off with 300 000 caps, what am I to do with it?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I jacked every gold bar from the Sierra Madre vault and am in the process of selling them all. So as I sit here patiently waiting for the next DLC on the 19th I am wondering what I'm supposed to with all this money. Is there any big ticket item out there in the wastes that is totally awesome? 
    It's burning a hole in my virtual pockets.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Ammo. I know you already have a ton of it for every weapon known to man, but still, buy even more ammo. In fact, invest it in the higher grade ammo.

Otherwise, buy tons of the same weapons you already have and just repair everything. Same for armor.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

Go buy out the secret inventory at Mick and Ralph's or buy everything out out Gun Runners or the silver rush if its still there.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Hookers. That is the only answer. Just buy an army of hookers and sex up the...wherever the hell this game is set. I'm fairly certain that New Vegas is just an area in the game, so it's probably not that.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Zidd: Where and what is Mick and Ralphs?
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NickL

@Video_Game_King said:

Hookers. That is the only answer. Just buy an army of hookers and sex up the...wherever the hell this game is set. I'm fairly certain that New Vegas is just an area in the game, so it's probably not that.

Hookers and blow. Best way to spend any money ever. Also it is set in the mojave desert which is the same general area as las vegas.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By themangalist
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    ummm.... seriously, Freeside.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By zidd

@blacklabeldomm: Its in freeside on the opposite side of town from the silver rush but in the same area. Talk to Ralph and use the dialogue options to get him to show you the secret store.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By ReyGitano

I just save all my money. Not really a point in spending any of it. I already have way more ammo, weapons, and armor than I'll ever need. If there's a situation where I would need more, than buy something but I don't see a point in preemptive purchases.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @themangalist said:
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    ummm.... seriously, Freeside.
    ok, it's the place where I got my PimpBoy 3000000....didn't know they had a secret stash
    Avatar image for prince_of_space
    Prince_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Prince_of_Space

Have you bought any implants yet? They range in price from 4,000 to 12,000 caps so you could spend a good portion of your money tricking yourself out.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By august

Yeah implants or power armor if you haven't gotten those. And an anti-material rifle.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Sooperspy

Where were you able to sell so much? I mean, the most caps that I've seen in a single shop at one time is like 10,000.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FritzDude

At this point, have you sold them all? If so, how did you do it? because let say you can get 5000 caps from each merchant, you then need 60 merchants to get your 300.000 bottle caps. How is that even possible without going insane?  

Unless there's some exploits i do not know of.

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pieman32

Hookers and Jet, that is the lifestyle you need to lead right now.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Twitchey
    @FritzDude: I received around 6,000 for my gold bars and my barter was like 20. So maybe his barter is really high?
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

I dunno. All I can think of is how much I'd like to have 300,000 caps on that game. 

Load yourself up on ammo, pick up the absolute best armor and guns you can find, bong some hookers, then save your game and kill every motherfucker with a pulse. And even the ones without pulses. 

EDIT: And don't forget to buy every single stimpak in the game. I'm not a stickler for anything addictive, in fact I try as hard as I can to avoid addictive substances in the game (and real life).

Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Robinson

that doesnt sound so fun, since you must have modified the game in order to carry that much gold. there is no way to hold that much weight. so as long as you are modifying the game all willy nilly, why not just give yourself a million caps? as long as you're cheating, cheat big

Avatar image for masterverhoffin
    masterverhoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By masterverhoffin

@HunterPredd: You actually can get all of the gold bars out of the vault, with a bit of work. Check the Fallout wiki if you're curious.

You can still move while over-encumbered; one pound or a thousand overweight, you can still move at a snail's pace. You can't fast travel, but you can dump the bars somewhere and sell them one at a time.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Redbullet685 said:
    Where were you able to sell so much? I mean, the most caps that I've seen in a single shop at one time is like 10,000.
    Gun runners has 8000 caps, I sell one bar at a time then wait 60 hours until they get another 8000 caps. 

@FritzDude said:

At this point, have you sold them all? If so, how did you do it? because let say you can get 5000 caps from each merchant, you then need 60 merchants to get your 300.000 bottle caps. How is that even possible without going insane?  

Unless there's some exploits i do not know of.

Merchants get back their money over time if you press back and wait more than 24 hours.  

@HunterPredd said:

that doesnt sound so fun, since you must have modified the game in order to carry that much gold. there is no way to hold that much weight. so as long as you are modifying the game all willy nilly, why not just give yourself a million caps? as long as you're cheating, cheat big

Uhh no, I don't have access to a console on the xbox. I also invested in the long haul perk which made it possible to fast travel when over-encumbered. If I did have the PC version I would not need to have a million caps cause I could just type in any item into the console and get it silly. 

@Twitchey: My barter is 98 at level 40....gold bars are worth over 9000 caps but no merchant has that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.