Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

I think I may have messed something up in New Vegas. [SPOILERS!]

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By MooseyMcMan

Okay, so I've been playing Fallout New Vegas for a while now, and I'm getting on in the story stuff, and I've been trying to do stuff for the NCR along the way. But I think I may have backed myself into a corner. 

See, I'm at the part in For the Republic Part 2 where I'm supposed to "deal with" the Brotherhood of Steal. Now, of course I want to try and do this peacefully (as I did with the Great Khans), but there doesn't seem to be any option to do so when I talk to the dudes in the Bro-hood bunker.  

So, I decided to go look some stuff up online (because I'm not opposed to looking stuff up every once in a while), and apparently since I decided to help Hardin become the new Elder (which I did because I figured that ending the Bro-hood lockdown was the only way to get them to help me against the Legion) makes it so that I can't get them to ally with the NCR. Meaning that the only way to complete the quest is to kill off the Bro-hood (either directly or via self-destructing their base).  

Now, obviously I don't want to destroy the Bro-hood, because I went through a ton of trouble to earn their trust, and to get Hardin to be Elder. Also, I don't have a save left from before he was Elder, and even if I did, I wouldn't reload it, because that was about 10 hours of game-time ago (during which I did all sorts of badass stuff like storm into Caesar's base and fell him and his minions).  

So now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I could always just side with Yes-Man and go do all that stuff (which will apparently alienate me from the NCR), but I specifically went and added a bunch of points to my explosives skill (and even used the Tag! perk on it) because I read online that you need that to be 50 in order to save President Kimball (yeah, I read a good amount online).  

I suppose I should just man up and take out the Bro-hood... 

Anyone got any advice? Like if siding with Yes Man is worth it? 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Okay, so I've been playing Fallout New Vegas for a while now, and I'm getting on in the story stuff, and I've been trying to do stuff for the NCR along the way. But I think I may have backed myself into a corner. 

See, I'm at the part in For the Republic Part 2 where I'm supposed to "deal with" the Brotherhood of Steal. Now, of course I want to try and do this peacefully (as I did with the Great Khans), but there doesn't seem to be any option to do so when I talk to the dudes in the Bro-hood bunker.  

So, I decided to go look some stuff up online (because I'm not opposed to looking stuff up every once in a while), and apparently since I decided to help Hardin become the new Elder (which I did because I figured that ending the Bro-hood lockdown was the only way to get them to help me against the Legion) makes it so that I can't get them to ally with the NCR. Meaning that the only way to complete the quest is to kill off the Bro-hood (either directly or via self-destructing their base).  

Now, obviously I don't want to destroy the Bro-hood, because I went through a ton of trouble to earn their trust, and to get Hardin to be Elder. Also, I don't have a save left from before he was Elder, and even if I did, I wouldn't reload it, because that was about 10 hours of game-time ago (during which I did all sorts of badass stuff like storm into Caesar's base and fell him and his minions).  

So now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I could always just side with Yes-Man and go do all that stuff (which will apparently alienate me from the NCR), but I specifically went and added a bunch of points to my explosives skill (and even used the Tag! perk on it) because I read online that you need that to be 50 in order to save President Kimball (yeah, I read a good amount online).  

I suppose I should just man up and take out the Bro-hood... 

Anyone got any advice? Like if siding with Yes Man is worth it? 

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PillClinton

just kill the the brotherhood.  it's really your only good option now, unless you want to start a whole new game.  also, you don't need explosives at 50 to save the president, just be observant. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @100_Hertz: Stupid Fallout Wiki lied to me then, because it said I needed it above 50. Oh well, there are worse stats that I could have raised to fifty (cough, unarmed, cough).  

Yeah, I'll feel bad about it, but the Bro-hood's gonna have to go. I still think it's really stupid that Hardin can't be convinced into making a truce though. I mean, when I talked to him, there isn't even an option to ask him about it! That's just bad game design if you ask me. They could have at least had a one line thing where he said, "No," or something along those lines.
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By stinky

do the bro-hood loyalty mission thing, then kill them. after that they serve no purpose in the game as far as i know. 

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PillClinton
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " That's just bad game design. "
    my exact  feeling on many aspects of Fallout: NV. 
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By VanderSEXXX

Well in the words of Mr. House "the new world has no need for tech-religious fanatics". Even if you sided with the NCR i personally think there is no consequence wasting the Brotherhood especially in the Mojave since they are just like hi-tech raiders now. :P If they were open minded like the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood then maybe not, but alas, the new world must prevail. :D

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Nomin

Brotherhood of Steel was a xenophobic and narrowminded band of paramilitary soldiers who hoarded technology and mistrust anyone outside their group that does the same. For some reason Bethesda fit to make them some kind of noble order of worldly knights while they should have been the Outcasts in Fallout 3. Anyways, a lot of players have fond feelings for the group since in Fallout 1 & 2 they end up helping out the player achieve his or her aims.  

I am quite certain if you choose the Yes Man route, you could just say to it something to the effect of 'I will let the BoS be', and Yes Man would not bother you about it. That is how I understand. So if you don't want to go for their destruction, you could just side with the Yes Man. Choices, choices. 

davefromabove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By davefromabove

I did every single ending, all achievement' that's what I'd advise, you can get them all in one playthrough if you load the right save.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.