Is it fixed yet?

#1 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

As the title says, is it safe to buy this game yet? 

#2 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -
@RiotBananas: As for the U.S., I checked a few minutes ago and there has been no patch. On bethesda's blog, they said something about the patch being live in the UK though.
#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

I've played this game for over 35 hours on the PC.  Only problems I've come across are clipping bugs.  There was a big patch for it like a few days ago or something.  But even before that, I didn't experience much problems.

#4 Posted by Spoonman671 (4748 posts) -

Yes, after two years of development time they released a super buggy game, but this past week has totally fixed it.

If the bugs are really keeping you away from this game, then you should probably give it a month or two.

#5 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -
@RiotBananas: I was playing the PC version for just about 2 hours earlier today, and it crashed twice in that time. That's higher than normal for me, but it's crashed probably 10 times in my 20 hours of play. Luckily I haven't run into very many bugs though.
#6 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -

I think there was a patch for the 360 and PC.

BUT NOT FOR THE PS3

#7 Posted by Ramboknife (114 posts) -

I'm also playing the PC version. 12 hours in and no crashing/game breaking bugs. Just the odd enemy stuck in the ground every now and then. If you have a computer that can run the game well, I'd say get it on the PC.
#8 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

there was a patch for PC and 360 that patched many of the game-breaking bugs and for me, i've been playing for 25 hours and i haven't run into any major bugs. so in my opinion, go ahead and buy it, its awesome!

#9 Posted by DystopiaX (5351 posts) -
@huntad said:
" @RiotBananas: As for the U.S., I checked a few minutes ago and there has been no patch. On bethesda's blog, they said something about the patch being live in the UK though. "
I had to update the game, theres been a patch (360). 
IMO there was never a reason not to buy this game because of bugs, nothing terrible happened, just the usual gamebryo shit, most of which is fucking hilarious.
#10 Posted by rybrad (143 posts) -

I am not sure about consoles but absolutely do NOT buy this game on PC as of right now.  I was super hyped for this game and pre-ordered it months ago.  The game is 100% unplayable for me (and many, many others if you look on the Bethesda forums)  with the MANY save issues that have come from cloud issues and the latest patch causing certain locations/quests to corrupt all save files.   There are also issues with crashes, glitches, etc but not being able to save your progress correctly is a gamebreaker.  Again, I am not sure about the state of the console versions so hopefully those are in better shape.

#11 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

Still crashes more often than a woman behind the wheel.

#12 Posted by bybeach (4974 posts) -

It's running better, no more creatures stuck in rock. The looking around still has that wierd glitch to it, and it still feels slow, have to get a fps on it...but overall, I think that last patch helped alot. 

And as I have said before, I would give anything for that rotating head glitch!.

#13 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -
@DystopiaX: Oh...well I forgot to say I bought this for the PS3. I'm still waiting for a patch, because my game crashes. I don't mind the Gamebryo engine crap, but crashing repeatedly is where I draw the line.
#14 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" IMO there was never a reason not to buy this game because of bugs, nothing terrible happened, just the usual gamebryo shit, most of which is fucking hilarious. "
Maybe the bugs aren't too serious.  

But we, as the customers have to make a stand against releasing broken games.
#15 Posted by shivermetimbers (786 posts) -

I had a pretty bad glitch and I made a thread about it that you can see at the bottom of the forum page. The game is Fallout 3 with a better narrative, but more glitches.
#16 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

Game is safe and good to go!

#17 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

Just saw a tweet from the Fallout team. PS3 patch is live! Checking now.

#18 Posted by Burns09 (340 posts) -
@foggel said:
" Still crashes more often than a woman behind the wheel. "
Fantastic.
#19 Posted by Vital (162 posts) -

I've played over 20ish hours and Fallout(PC) only crashed once.  The problems seem hit or miss.

#20 Posted by wrathofconn (1464 posts) -
@RiotBananas
@DystopiaX said:
" IMO there was never a reason not to buy this game because of bugs, nothing terrible happened, just the usual gamebryo shit, most of which is fucking hilarious. "

Should have stopped buying their games a long time ago then haha.
#21 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -

This is a game I'll either pick up on discount or when they finally release a compilation version like they did with Fallout 3 (if they even get that chance).

#22 Posted by DystopiaX (5351 posts) -
@wrathofconn said:
" @RiotBananas
@DystopiaX said:

Should have stopped buying their games a long time ago then haha. "
If the game is fun overall, I don't give a shit about bugs. And the game is far from "broken". It's only forced a restart once, right after an autosave. After that, no broken quests, just occasional frame rate slowdowns and terrible loadtimes that i'm willing to sit through. No stand to take IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.