It's time to walk that Lonesome Road.. (now available!)

#1 Edited by Aishan (1008 posts) -

It's been a long wait, but September 20th is finally here and that Lonesome Road is waiting to be walked.

I've got Christine's Rifle strapped to my back, Joshua's Pistol on my hip and a whole bunch of questions for Ulysses. Time to get some answers.

It's available now on Xbox Live and should be out on Steam and PSN very shortly.

Awesome things found in first 15 minutes:

- Brand new weapon (Arc-welder) and Armor (Riot Gear) available from the get go.

- New, Upgraded Version of ED-E with an even better weapon

- Special upgrades for new ED-E, I found one which lets him repair my weapon, once per day. This will carry over into the Mojave version of ED-E too.

#2 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Is it the only road you've ever known?

#3 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

To quote Matthew Rorie " Its been a Long Road!"

#4 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

Aw, man! I'm sitting here looking at the PSN store, can't wait!

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

I'm STOKED but mainly for the narrative. :)

New stuff is cool and all but it's really low on the priority list for me with this DLC.

#6 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@Aishan: Just don't let it get in the way of our Dead Island adventure!

#7 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

Where is it? =(

#8 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

@Galiant: If you're looking on PSN, I'd wait until later today (probably around 7PM Eastern) since that's about when the PS Store updates.

#9 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

@SMTDante89 said:

@Galiant: If you're looking on PSN, I'd wait until later today (probably around 7PM Eastern) since that's about when the PS Store updates.

I'm in Europe though...I have no idea when the PS Store updates since I'm usually not this stoked about a PSN release!

#10 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

Wait, so do I need to buy Dead Money for this to make sense? I only have Old World Blues and I'm already a little confused about the whole Ulysses and Christine thing.

#11 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

@MikeHawk said:

Wait, so do I need to buy Dead Money for this to make sense? I only have Old World Blues and I'm already a little confused about the whole Ulysses and Christine thing.

It doesn't feel that important, I'm sure you'll be fine. Basically they met and Ulysses helped Christine get better. That's about all you get to find out.

That said, the atmosphere in Dead Money is pretty great. While the combat can get frustrating, it's worth getting through for the story.

#12 Posted by Colonel_Fury (453 posts) -

@SMTDante89 said:

Really? Lame. I guess I'm waiting until 7pm then. :/

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

been saving all thos microsoft points for a good reason!

#14 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

Just checked out the official forums...sounds like it won't come out on European PSN until wednesday night, which means I can't play it until thursday night...

Fuck.

#15 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Stayed up to pick it up last night at like 2 AM on Live. Played a few hours of it so far and it's really, really cool. The whole premise for why you're here and some of the lore you get in the beginning is awesome. Love the setting too.

@Aishan: Holy shit, the last item you mentioned carries over to the main game? Fantastic.

#16 Posted by Aishan (1008 posts) -

I just want to say one thing: Fuck Deathclaws in the Divide. As a level 46 Courier, they almost one-shot me, and they have a habit of spawning out of thin air if you go into certain places. The Tunnelers also seem to be rather overpowered when you fight them five at a time.

@Fjordson: Yeah, and apparently there are five upgrades total for it. I've found two so far.

#17 Edited by INV2 (256 posts) -

I'm also at a very high level and the vicious, murdererous freaks in The Courier's Mile actually killed me a few times before I could detonate the two warheads there for the achievement. YIKES!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.