Johnny Guitar

#1 Posted by Dan64 (82 posts) -

If I hear this fucking song one more time I'm going to break some heads. 

I'd rather listen to Heartache by the Number all day.

#2 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

I used the in-game radio for a hour, then turned it off.

#3 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Yeah, way too small playlist. Ended up turning it off as well.

#4 Posted by Zzzleepy (162 posts) -

Yeah, the songs are really good, but they get so annoying which is a shame.

#5 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Only turn it on during Vaults and when I do it's always Mojave Music radio, seem's less repeatitive when there's no talk over. Plus "Let's ride into the sunset together" is great.

#6 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -

I heard the playlist had way more songs but due to a technical error only a handful of them play. FO3 had a small list as well but seems like there was a lot more than NV

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

#8 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -
@Turbo_Toaster said:
"I heard the playlist had way more songs but due to a technical error only a handful of them play. FO3 had a small list as well but seems like there was a lot more than NV

"

So you're saying it's a bug in the game that is preventing the game to play new songs?
#9 Posted by Jimbo (9984 posts) -

The Fallout 3 soundtrack was great.  New Vegas not so much.

#10 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -
@FritzDude: That's what I've heard, not sure if it's true or not.
#11 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -

I hate the radio.

#12 Edited by Bongos (186 posts) -

Who would win in a fight Johnny guitar or Big iron. My bets on big iron.

#13 Posted by ZagZagovich (770 posts) -
@Bongos: 
He would never be Johny Guitar but you don't mess with the stranger with a big iron on his hip.
#14 Posted by bwmcmaste (861 posts) -
@FritzDude said:
" @Turbo_Toaster said:
"I heard the playlist had way more songs but due to a technical error only a handful of them play. FO3 had a small list as well but seems like there was a lot more than NV

"
So you're saying it's a bug in the game that is preventing the game to play new songs? "
I remember hearing somewhere (it might have been the Bombcast or the Quick Look) that there's going to be a rather large DLC package full of music in the near future. If it's true, then I would wager that the developer intentionally excluded extra musical content so they could "fill the gap" later. 

Incidentally, I'm in agreement with the majority of folks above; the soundtrack was great, but much too short. FO3's just seemed more... complete.
#15 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

I looked in the music folder and there are way more songs listed than I've heard in the game, I think.

#16 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@bwmcmaste: No, that's a user created mod, not DLC. 
#17 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Infininja said:
" I looked in the music folder and there are way more songs listed than I've heard in the game, I think. "
Yeah. It also has mp3s of all the music from Fallout 1 and 2. Which is kinda weird.
#18 Posted by readymix (176 posts) -

it seems like the group in NV is small. but i just loaded all the music from Fallout 3 onto a thumb drive and just play them when it gets repetitive.  

anyways, both are great.....but Big Iron > Johnny Guitar

#19 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @Infininja said:
" I looked in the music folder and there are way more songs listed than I've heard in the game, I think. "
Yeah. It also has mp3s of all the music from Fallout 1 and 2. Which is kinda weird. "
dude, no, I fuckin heard a song from fallout 1 when I was in the hotel in Primm; it was crazyyyyyy (and I wasn't listening to the radio, turned that shit off right quick)
#20 Posted by J0n3s1 (289 posts) -

First I kinda liked this song but now.. Oh god.. I'd rather listen to this 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

#21 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Needs more Marilyn Manson.
...It would certainly keep me awake, unlike the current music.

#22 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

I don't listed to the radio unless it's to hear how my actions affected the world from time to time.
Ambient music is very good and it's much in tone of the original Fallouts, so I mostly enjoy that.

#23 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -
@FritzDude said:
" @Turbo_Toaster said:

"
So you're saying it's a bug in the game that is preventing the game to play new songs? "
So you're saying this game has bugs?
#24 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

According to wikia, the soundtrack has Get Me Some Money Too and a couple songs written by the devs, but I've never heard them.  Feels like I just hear maybe ten songs over and over.

#25 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

EYEEEEEEEEEE WAS ALWAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEES A FOOOOO 

FOR MAY JOHHNIEEEEE

#26 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

I have yet to turn on the radio in my 25-hour playthrough. I just want to listen to ambience music after 170 hours of the same old music from GNR in Fallout 3.

#27 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

GOT 
SPURS 
THAT 
JINGLE 
JANGLE 
JINGLE 

JINGLE JANGLE. 

I lost my mind about 20 hours in just listening to Mr New Vegas. I tried turning the radio off, but then the game felt wrong.  

Jingle Jangle.

#28 Posted by Mr_Faraday (241 posts) -

Over 30 hours in and have had the radio on every second of it, doesnt get old. I turned off the radio in Fallout 3 after like 5 hours. :I My favorite song is Johnny Guitar... its just so fucking beautiful that i pretty much stop doing anything loud just to listen to it. :/ So i dont know what you guys are complaining about.
#29 Posted by haggis (1677 posts) -

I actually prefer the ambient soundtrack to the songs provided. Plus, it gets irritating in some locations when a different song is on the local radio than what you've selected. The radio didn't get old for me until after ten hours or so, then I turned it off. At least we have the option. And you can always play whatever music you want anyway. I didn't mind. Any game this long is going to have a repetitive soundtrack one way or the other.

#30 Posted by bwmcmaste (861 posts) -
@haggis said:
 I didn't mind. Any game this long is going to have a repetitive soundtrack one way or the other. "
I concur. I remember losing interest in the soundtracks of Vice City and Scarface, and it certainly wasn't because of a lack of either quality or quantity.   
#31 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Here's my favorite song: 

#32 Posted by Jeffsekai (7052 posts) -

JOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNY GUITAR!

#33 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I loved the radio in Fallout 3. In New Vegas, well, lets just say I want to show Mr. New Vegas the big iron on my hip. 

#34 Posted by Jikla (158 posts) -

thank god for pc radio mods!

#35 Posted by GloomyTangent (209 posts) -
@rjayb89: Yeah, this was definitely my favorite song from FO3 as well. I think that, other than overall polish and stability, the radio is one of the few areas where FO3 edges NV out.
#36 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Johnny guitar, heartache by the numbers, kick in the head and blue moon have made me mad to the point that I know these old songs better than my grandparents

Hey devs, next time you make a 30 hour game, have a tracklist of more than 7 songs. The radio goes in a loop every 30 minutes or so. Do the math

#37 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2222 posts) -

Johnny Guitar is an amazing song.

#38 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

I feel you.  I actually love that song but man it's really annoying that it seems like there are only 5 songs in all of New Vegas and 2 of them are set to super rare so it really feels like they're only 3.

#39 Posted by Bagga (76 posts) -
@MrKlorox: 

Thats regular background music when you dont use your radio. Its pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.