Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Just A Couple Hopes and Dreams for Fallout: New Vegas

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By MistaSparkle

OK, so Fallout: New Vegas is coming out soon ( Hopefully next Q ) so I thought I'd talk about my expectations and wants for the game.  

First, let me start off by saying I am a Huge fan of Fallout 3. I beat the game and completed most of the DLC excluding Mothership Zeta and Point Lookout. Everything about the game was so very close to perfect, but unfortunately it does face some minor hinderances. Luckily, a new Fallout game has emerged, Fallout: New Vegas. It has new developers ( or rather old ones because they are the devs from the former, original Fallout), but it still keeps our beloved Bethesda engine. This means that the new game will include the same style of gameplay but optimized to be even greater. Let me elaborate: 

Why Fallout: New Vegas Will Be Great: 

1. The Fallout universe is one of the most incredible and imersive places you will ever visit in a video game, and better yet it takes place in a setting most of us are familiar with, Vegas. Also it is not an exact replica of Vegas at all. Instead, it is Obsidian's take on post-apocalyptic Vegas. 
    2. Enhanced combat including better melee and shooting mechanics. Hopefully, this is a sign tellling us that the new Fallout will be more of a shooter, and less of an RPG in regards to the bullets having a mind of their own. 
    3. You can choose from multiple character backgrounds adding an experience close to that of Dragon Age: Origins. And you can be a GHOUL!!!  [ RUMOR ]
    4. Hardcore mode where you actually have to try and survive by using items. [ RUMOR ]

Hopes and Dreams: 

1. More weapons. Not necesarily more different weapons, but more types of weapons for certain certain groups of guns. Also attachments would be great. 
    2. A robo-horse as advertised in the loading screens of Fallout 3. Some of the DLC was in the loading slides for the game and they showed a robotic horse in one of them. 
    3. Open world for realsies and not by having me pay for DLC, even though I will buy any DLC they make. :) 
    4. More noticable karma system. I got attacked by the Talon company once in Fallout 3. Never again. And sometimes a woman gave me shit. I WANT MORE DAMMIT. 
    5. More houses to buy like in Elder Scrolls, and more crap to put around my house. 
    6. I need my VATS.  
    7. Don't change the Bethesda style too much, but please make it better with less glitches and stuff. 

Thanks.  

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

OK, so Fallout: New Vegas is coming out soon ( Hopefully next Q ) so I thought I'd talk about my expectations and wants for the game.  

First, let me start off by saying I am a Huge fan of Fallout 3. I beat the game and completed most of the DLC excluding Mothership Zeta and Point Lookout. Everything about the game was so very close to perfect, but unfortunately it does face some minor hinderances. Luckily, a new Fallout game has emerged, Fallout: New Vegas. It has new developers ( or rather old ones because they are the devs from the former, original Fallout), but it still keeps our beloved Bethesda engine. This means that the new game will include the same style of gameplay but optimized to be even greater. Let me elaborate: 

Why Fallout: New Vegas Will Be Great: 

1. The Fallout universe is one of the most incredible and imersive places you will ever visit in a video game, and better yet it takes place in a setting most of us are familiar with, Vegas. Also it is not an exact replica of Vegas at all. Instead, it is Obsidian's take on post-apocalyptic Vegas. 
    2. Enhanced combat including better melee and shooting mechanics. Hopefully, this is a sign tellling us that the new Fallout will be more of a shooter, and less of an RPG in regards to the bullets having a mind of their own. 
    3. You can choose from multiple character backgrounds adding an experience close to that of Dragon Age: Origins. And you can be a GHOUL!!!  [ RUMOR ]
    4. Hardcore mode where you actually have to try and survive by using items. [ RUMOR ]

Hopes and Dreams: 

1. More weapons. Not necesarily more different weapons, but more types of weapons for certain certain groups of guns. Also attachments would be great. 
    2. A robo-horse as advertised in the loading screens of Fallout 3. Some of the DLC was in the loading slides for the game and they showed a robotic horse in one of them. 
    3. Open world for realsies and not by having me pay for DLC, even though I will buy any DLC they make. :) 
    4. More noticable karma system. I got attacked by the Talon company once in Fallout 3. Never again. And sometimes a woman gave me shit. I WANT MORE DAMMIT. 
    5. More houses to buy like in Elder Scrolls, and more crap to put around my house. 
    6. I need my VATS.  
    7. Don't change the Bethesda style too much, but please make it better with less glitches and stuff. 

Thanks.  

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Skytylz

I don't think it's suppose to come out till later this year... I wish it were coming out this summer though.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

3 and 4 are purely rumors. They where stated as incorrect weeks ago.
    But, yeah, I'm hoping for the best too. A good chunk of what makes up Obsidian worked on the first two Fallout games, so here's hoping.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

A game that doesn't suck and isn't full of empty space and meaningless exploration. More than like 5 pieces of armor with the same name.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

I honestly don't expect them to change the combat that much from the dice rolls in shooting and what not...I think it would be nice, but I really doubt it will happen. Also, to me Stalker does a far better imersive world than fallout 3 ever did. I really don't have high hopes for this game as a default as of now, because of two things - I know next to nothing about it, especially in game and what not, and two, if it is just more of the same exact gameplay from F3 for the most part in a different setting like I right now am assuming, it isn't doing anything for me.

When we hear more about it and I can actually see it running and possibly make out more of the game just in general, that may change. Right now though, the lack of information, and assumption that its pretty much going to be the same game as F3 in a different location, I'm not all that interested. If that was a confirmed change, the dice rolls gone and what not, and they make a better use of how the stats apply to everything, then I my interest in the game would surely go up a lot.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CornontheCobbe

This game will be quite kick-ass.

Hopefully it will not be riddling with glitches and save bugs.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @Driadon said:
    "3 and 4 are purely rumors. They where stated as incorrect weeks ago. But, yeah, I'm hoping for the best too. A good chunk of what makes up Obsidian worked on the first two Fallout games, so here's hoping. "

Thanks I'm changing it now. :)
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gabriel

I'm so pumped for more Fallout.

erikj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By erikj

As much as everyone hates vats i actually like it, i use it when i need it.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @erikj said:
    " As much as everyone hates vats i actually like it, i use it when i need it. "
    Who hates vats?
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MrSnow
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @erikj said:
    " As much as everyone hates vats i actually like it, i use it when i need it. "
    Who hates vats? "
    Me i hate it. It turns the game into diablow if that's how you spell it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.