Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Latest Fallout: New Vegas Update causes game to freeze.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nukesniper
    *EDIT!* : The patch has been fixed for English versions of the game now. The language thing is what I've heard online, but I know for a fact that if you download the patch now, your game will load and it is actually playable. Disregard the below information now.

I am having a lot of trouble getting around to beating Fallout New Vegas. Portal 2's recent release obviously didn't help, but apparently the last update that was sent out for the game causes 360s to freeze upon loading a saved game. I just wanted to get this out there for the Giant Bomb community, as my girlfriend almost freaked out when her save wouldn't load. Therefore, hopefully this saves someone here some grief. If you want to play Fallout: New Vegas right now (April 28th for future's sake) deny the update and go offline. If you already have the update, go to your Memory>Games>Fallout New Vegas and delete the Title Update #3. This will get your game back into working order. You don't have to do the old thing of clearing your Xbox cache, so that is a plus.
    Hopefully there is a fix for this update in the works, and once I see a reliable one go through I will update this post. Until then however, don't freak out when starting up Fallout if your game freezes during load.

PS: This also may require the Dead Money DLC in order to cause the game's freezing. I do have it, but haven't tested deleting the DLC, as my save games probably won't work without the DLC in there anyways.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Its also reported they cause saves to be corrupt. 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

An update needed to fix an update. That's messed up.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @Afroman269 said:
    " An update needed to fix an update. That's messed up. "
    That's the Obsidian way.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nukesniper
    @The_Laughing_Man: Oh really? I'm glad we got ours working again then.

@Afroman269 said:
    " An update needed to fix an update. That's messed up. "
    Yeah really. I wonder what they did to make this update important enough that it still came out, even with this issue. Or for them to not notice the issue.
    Avatar image for prince_of_space
    Prince_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prince_of_Space

Going by Bethesda's twitter account they seem to be close to some kind of solution, but we'll just have to hold tight and wait for them to patch the patch.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By kingzetta

How can you tell? It freezes every 5 seconds regardless.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

From the horror stories I hear about Microsoft's patch release bs, it seems like we might be waiting (at least) the weekend to see this update.  Sort of bullshit. 
    Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dustpan

Good thing I didn't download the patch.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FritzDude

They already fixed it and it's in QA with Microsoft at this point. Oh, and you can play the game just fine with the new patch, it's really an improvement in performance (10 hours in, no freeze, no framedrop and fast looting), you just need to start a new game or get lucky getting past the freeze when loading thing and then overwrite the save. So don't worry guys, start a new game while waiting or something.

coffeelars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By coffeelars

I have problem when I go through doors: after the loading sequence teh screen just goes black and I have to reboot the 360. Did not have this problem before this new patch was applied. I have not bought any of the DLC.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By VicRattlehead
    @kingzetta
    How can you tell? It freezes every 5 seconds regardless.
    This
    DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By DrMcKittrick

I finished the game then put it down.  Haven't tried the DLC yet.  I think I'll wait a few more weeks.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nukesniper

Since the Fallout: New Vegas patch has been fixed up, I have edited the original post. Feel free to download Fallout updates again. Everything is working for me, and others online are confirming the update as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.