Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

More crashes after patching?

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zagzagovich

I updated my PC version of New Vegas with the latest patch yesterday and very surprisingly started to have a crash after crash in a lot of different situations. Buying, running, managing the inventory. Everything is affected and I haven't had anything close to that before. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

I'm having issues with disabled keys (except movement) where I can't interact with anything when I holster/unholster my weapon. When I zoom out to see my character her arms just stick to her side as if they were tied to her body even when I run or jump. Also PC version.

StarFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFox

Oh Fallout. One day you won't break. That day is not today.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FritzDude

Yup. This is true guys. I play on a pretty new Xbox slim with the newest patch (1.02) and the game will crash more frequantly after it. I started a new character and 15 hours in, 5-6 crashes, making me have to hard-restart my system, which i dont like. Before the latest patch (1.02) i only got 3 crashes in 60 hours.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

So what you are saying is that I shouldn't patch this game? I've been waiting for the patch to come out to start playing it again.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FritzDude
    @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

"So what you are saying is that I shouldn't patch this game? I've been waiting for the patch to come out to start playing it again.

"

If you can handle game crashes after couple of hours of gameplay, it shouldn't be a problem, because the latest patch really fix a lot of quest bugs and other script errors. Play for 2 hours, restart the game, and repeat, or play a little and wait.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I played for about twenty minutes, and the game suddenly froze on me. Funny thing is, I never had a freeze before the patch. Damn this game.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Sooperspy

The game keeps freezing up when I go into VATS.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FritzDude
    @Redbullet685 said:
    "The game keeps freezing up when I go into VATS.

"

A known problem after the first patch a month ago. Enter a non-VATS zone (Like a room with no people) and save. Then restart the game and load. If the problem still occur you should clear out your game cache before starting and loading the game.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Barrock

So, still not playble? That's sad, I have the Collector's Edition just sitting on my desk, waiting to be installed.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rjayb89

Game's playable for me now.  Just had to uninstall and reinstall this armor mod (Chinese stealth armor) for some reason.  And the game crashed only once on me since the patch so I guess your mileage may vary.

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iSylence

Yeah I've been having more crashes after the patch than before it. Before it I had maybe 3 or 4 crashes, after it I've had about the same in a far smaller space of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.