Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Need helping figuring out how to make the decision i want spoiler

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bobdaman18

So yeah, spoilers: 

I'm trying to decide which factions i want to support.  I decided that i like the NCR so i figured i could disable mr house and give his robots to the NCR.  Is this an option?  I saved before hand and neither outcome seemed favorable.  If i gave mr house the platnum chip I got a quest called "don't tred on the bear" or something and it said ncr would be pissed if i continued to help mr house.  If i kill mr house i get the same quest except it says i need to stop working for yes man.  Am i missing something here?  Whats the option to work for just the ncr?
    ProudMeowican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ProudMeowican

Did you get a message from an ncr trooper saying that the ambassador wants to meet you?

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @WoolyAbyss:
    No, i just got that for caesar's legion.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mano521

there is no way to mix.  if you keep working with yes man, the ncr will want nothing to do with you. i already tried this. you get a quest called "Dont tread on the bear" which just says, dont keep working with Yes Man or else the ncr will no longer ask you for help

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Mrnitropb

Its kind of bullshit, and is making me like the game just a little less. 

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @mano521:
    I'm ok with this...but how do i work for the ncr?  I tried going to hoover dam but no one had any work for me there.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @Bobdaman18: Have you been to the embassy yet? Its at the end of the strip, and the ambassador should give you some work.
    Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @Mrnitropb:
    Wow, i was mistaking the radio station thing for the embassy, thanks.
    dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dusker

You can string people along for a long time before you have to make a decision.  Just finish all the Side Bets quests (they are identical to the final quests from House and the NCR) and you will end up with "Don't Tread on The Bear".  At that point, you have to decide what you want to do, but you are basically one or two missions from the end, so just save it and finish the game one way, and if you don't like it, load it up again and finish it another way.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ryanwho

You can put yourself about an hour away from the House, NCR, or Yes Man ending and make a hard save, then go burn some bridges. Idunno if there's a brotherhood ending. Its so easy to just reprogram the turrets and the bunk is basically 70% dead. Why bother helping them, you know. I have a feeling they just become a faction that supports NCR instead of having their own ending.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @ryanwho said:
    " You can put yourself about an hour away from the House, NCR, or Yes Man ending and make a hard save, then go burn some bridges. Idunno if there's a brotherhood ending. Its so easy to just reprogram the turrets and the bunk is basically 70% dead. Why bother helping them, you know. I have a feeling they just become a faction that supports NCR instead of having their own ending. "
    They have their own ending, but in most of their endings they end up being sorta douche bags.
    One could reason for keeping them alive is for when you choose to go wild-card, having multiple faction powers active in the region reduces the power monopolies of the likes of the NCR (BoS has major beef with NCR) , hence making your own survival as an independent power easier, I prefer to think of them as an extra buffer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.