Nightkin stealth bug during Come Fly With Me quest

#1 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (658 posts) -

I started the Come Fly With Me quest last night, and when I went into the basement, I fought the first Nightkin. He left stealth when he attacked, as I assume they do. However, after fighting two more, the Nightkin stopped leaving stealth. This led to my death rather quickly. When I reload the game, all of the Nightkin stay cloaked. VATS is completely useless against them, even as they bash me in the face.  I have read that some other people have had this issue, but they said reloading the autosave would fix it. This does not work for me. So, has anyone else here had this problem (stealth and autosave not fixing it), and if so, were you able to fix it? 

#2 Posted by Tennmuerti (8352 posts) -

Weird I can kill Nightkin in VATS even when they are stealthed, maybe it has to do with high perception?

#3 Posted by ThatFrood (3460 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" Weird I can kill Nightkin in VATS even when they are stealthed, maybe it has to do with high perception? "
If you have Ed-E you can shoot stealthed enemies.
#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8352 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @Tennmuerti said:
" Weird I can kill Nightkin in VATS even when they are stealthed, maybe it has to do with high perception? "
If you have Ed-E you can shoot stealthed enemies. "
Oh yeah, that's why!
:P
#5 Posted by zegolf (236 posts) -

Maybe the trick that fixes the end of this quest will work for the regular Nightkin?  Just go some place safe and "Wait" for 24 hours?

#6 Posted by None (71 posts) -

I had to face some nightkin that didn't leave stealth (although most of them did) too. My not-too-subtle solution was to shoot them out of VATS, because theyre still quite easy to spot.

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5882 posts) -

yeah, the robot gives you a perk that lets you see cloaked enemies.

#8 Posted by Venatio (4654 posts) -

Same exact thing happened to me but I just used iron sights and killed them, no need for VATS

#9 Posted by MancombSeepgood (370 posts) -

If the bug becomes too much to handle, you can always handle the quest diplomatically by talking to the leader of the nightkin down there. He's fairly easy to find, just look around and if you start getting attacked by nightkin, you've gone too far.

#10 Posted by Infininja (871 posts) -

I thought they came out of stealth when shot too, but maybe not.

#11 Posted by dudeglove (9295 posts) -

Shotgun. That is all.

#12 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (658 posts) -

I played around with it some more, and ultimately, I reloaded (still having the bug) and went to the leader.

#13 Posted by sickVisionz (1299 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: This was my case.  They started staying in stealth... so I just shot them in stealth and they died.
#14 Posted by MrRams (34 posts) -

I got 0% when trying to use VATS on the Nightkin, however i found it really easy and avoided most of them in the basement. The first Nightkin got stuck just as you enter the basement between the equipment, so could take him out without running.
I then went immediately left to see nightkin boss and archer, then left again to view the computer upstairs. I never really encountered many :/

#15 Posted by The_Drizzle (755 posts) -

Get the rebar club and swing away, i nearly shit my pants when i walked into the basement having no idea what to expect and then they just appeared in front of me screaming, scary scary stuff

#16 Posted by Lukeweizer (3065 posts) -
@The_Drizzle said:
" Get the rebar club and swing away, i nearly shit my pants when i walked into the basement having no idea what to expect and then they just appeared in front of me screaming, scary scary stuff "
Same here. Scared the crap out of me the first time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.