Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

question about the pc version. Re: steam activation

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

i read somewhere way back before this game came out that it requires steam activation.  i missed this game on sale during the steam holiday sale and saw that gamestop had it on sale for $30 but only want to buy it if i can link it to my steam profile so i can get steam achievements and basically not have to worry about a disc for this game.  anyone know the answer?  thanks in advance.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

Yes, it requires Steam and also has the achievements you are after.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By defaulttag

the retail box should have steam activation. new vegas does not support games for windows, thus it supports steam. you should be able to have a downloadable copy with that activation. just in case, look at the back of the box when you go to the store.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FritzDude

I dont know for sure, but doesn't all games these days do it? I mean, forcing you to play it via Steam? I have couple of retail PC games, like Empire Total war, and that game forces me to play it via Steam, without CD and with achievements.   Added: I see you already got your answer.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OldManLight

thanks for the replies everyone.  for anyone wondering, i bought the digitial download from gamestop and was able to activate and link that to my steam account using the cd key provided in the confirmation of my order.  Woot!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.