Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Should I Play This?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Yes, play it immediately.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

You don't have to be logged into Steam.
    Like all other Steam games you can be in offline mode to play it.
    If you have payed F3 to the point of being sick of it (especially if you've done it recently) then it might be advisable to put it away for now until you feel the urge to play it naturally.
    Quests and story are far superior to F3.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @HarryR0se: Yes it does. Also side quests are better fleshed out as is the whole world.
    zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zegolf

You owe it to yourself to play it.  The more and more I get into the game, the more and more I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By thatfrood

I like it more than FO3.
    And yeah you can play offline.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Raymayne

Yes play it. The quests become way more varied and interesting than they were in FO3 in most cases. It is a very very similar game, but the story and locations make it a unique experience and there's a lot of fun to be had for fans of the previous game. Also, you already paid money and bought it, so you'd be a damn fool to not play it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

You ruined yourself to this game by playing Fallout 3 so much. This game is mountains better than "3" was to the point that this feels like the true Fallout 3. By comparison the "actual" Fallout 3 is more akin one of those weird Brotherhood of Steel spinoffs.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan

This game is so much better than Fallout 3.

It feels like the game Fallout 3 should have been in the first place.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By zegolf
    @HarryR0se said:
    " @Tennmuerti:  Fleshed out? you mean just leave them alone? and apparently the game has an ending just like F3 which seems stupid as everyone hated that about F3 and the DLC which will unlock it like broken steel is coming to xbox first *Facepalm* when i played xbox i didn't mind thing being exclusives but now i game on PC it's just irritating why do they have to be so selfish? i also need to find a way to turn the console off as the temptation is to much :D "
    I was under the impression that NO DLC was going to "correct" the ending.  I was also under the impression that, except for it being a surprise, most people were upset when they went back and fixed the ending and made it open-ended in FO3.  I, personally, preferred the ending that wasn't open-ended.  I had a save set up specifically to go back and play the game before it ended.

And they're not selfish.  They're a business, and in a business, it's all about making money.  Microsoft probably threw them a large check for the exclusive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.